Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Bahmo is probably a spambot
Old Nov 17th, 2008, 02:45 PM        Anyone else think Sonic Unleashed Looks Fucking Stupid?
I've already bitched about it on IGN, but there's no topic here, so here goes.

I enjoyed the Sonic Adventure series a lot, in spite of the hate it gets these days. I enjoyed Sonic Heroes, at least initially, before it grew boring from having to play the same stages four times. I even admit to Shadow the Hedgehog being a guilty pleasure of mine.

This game, though, looks shitty. In the first place, the senseless, skilless speed designs utilized in the GBA series and Secret Rings is a hollow attempt to play up Sonic's dominant aspect while ignoring what made Sonic great in the golden age--good platforming, and loops were there not as eye candy, but as challenges. Acceleration demanded running down hill; there weren't boost panels.

Secondly, not only is it making the same old level design mistakes, but also the same story ones. How many times have we heard the "Eggman summons scary monster he can't control" bit? Too many, I think.

Finally, Werewolf Sonic. What the fuck were they thinking? That's a ridiculous idea that makes the character look dumb.

So yeah, not a buy for me at this point.