Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Sports & Health
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Mar 27th, 2013, 08:02 AM       
Caved and bought my 3 year old a jersey. 80 fucking dollars

Prices should be on a sliding scale by popularity/success of team.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Mar 27th, 2013, 10:53 AM       
I think it's based on the NHL label :/
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Mar 27th, 2013, 07:20 PM       
Y'all get that shit for cheap.

Jets jerseys cost like $150 here for replicas and $300 for the really good ones, plus an extra $80 to get numbers put on it.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Mar 27th, 2013, 11:27 PM       
I could expect that out of an adult jersey, but not a toddler jersey.

I got her a puck for her Easter basket. It's white rubber with easter eggs and the jackets logo. I assume all of the teams go commemorative puck crazy for every holiday.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 28th, 2013, 11:04 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
part of me says fuck off I don't have to prove shit to you, but since it's in a folder somewhere I thought I would look

Now I have to go through looking for blurry pictures of descending burritos so fuck you anyway
It's on the internet, so it must be true ...

Quote:
Josh Hafer of the Columbus Blue Jackets recently described how the team has developed a unique way to leverage its partnership with Chipotle, a casual dining brand that has a cult following among Gen Y consumers. The Blue Jackets offer a "Chipotle Chutes" in-game segment where Chipotle goods are parachuted from the arena rafters. Fans clamor for the falling burrito chutes, which include a Chipotle t-shirt and a Burrito Buck, a coupon that is valid for one FREE burrito.

As the chutes descend into the crowd, the Blue Jackets' PA announcer tells the crowd, "Hey fans, look out for falling Chipotle Chutes!!! They are coming to sections XXX XXX XX XXX". The promotion is relatively inexpensive for the team (with 40-50 chute distribution per game), yet is EXTREMELY popular amongst the Blue Jackets fanbase. While the in-game promotion takes place, the Blue Jackets flash Chipotle Chutes messaging across the stadium's LED boards to drive awareness and additional messaging.
You may already be there.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 28th, 2013, 11:06 AM       
And I assume it also distracts the fans from what is happening on the ice.

Should have something like this for when the Flyers play the Rangers.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Mar 28th, 2013, 11:31 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg View Post
Yeah, as soon as she said it I googled it and could only find written stories and no youtube video. I was hoping to egg here on so that she would find a video for me. Damit all to hell, she had a phone pic of it.
teacup of sunshine
Old Mar 28th, 2013, 12:22 PM       
Again, Tadao, fuck you.

Col Flagg- Thanks. I never heard the specific term "chipotle chutes", I just remember hearing them yell HERE COME THE BURRITOS and watching incredulously as all of these parachutes came down from the ceiling. I guess the t-shirt/burrito buck explains why no one was burned by burrito debris (although, in my chipotle experience, everything is room temp at best).
teacup of sunshine
Old Mar 28th, 2013, 12:28 PM       
wow, Iginla got traded.

I always thought he looked like Lister from Red Dwarf.
Resident Chimp
Old Mar 29th, 2013, 01:06 AM       
Shit pushed in by Penguins.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Mar 31st, 2013, 01:03 PM       
and

Quote:
Oh, Ray Shero, hath thou encouraged the wrath of the Hockey Gods by coveting thy neighbor’s star unrestricted free agents?! (Or judging from the end of that clip, maybe screwy stuff just happens for Sid against the Islanders.)
after enough bourbon ...
Old Mar 31st, 2013, 08:15 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
Yeah, as soon as she said it I googled it and could only find written stories and no youtube video.
Yeah, if you read the whole story (which takes some doing, I almost nodded off there for a second) they indicate that they will post any video anyone can capture of a "Chipotle Chute" event. But they haven't as yet been able to find one. Dammit.
Resident Chimp
Old Mar 31st, 2013, 10:16 PM       
Chipotle Chute sounds like what you can name your anus after you eat some of their food.

ZING
teacup of sunshine
Old Apr 1st, 2013, 09:19 PM       
Next game I go to I will try and get video. Trouble is, my phone takes horrendously shitty video of far away things.

Jackets are actually not doing too badly right now. Moved up from 15th to 8th, I think.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Apr 1st, 2013, 10:34 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
and

He should have 'ed
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Apr 2nd, 2013, 11:14 AM       

Treat him well kings
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Apr 2nd, 2013, 11:57 AM       
He's an oldman. Maybe he wont pass the physical
SKATASTIC
Old Apr 2nd, 2013, 05:15 PM       
I'd assume he will pass with flying colors. He's a fucking monster.
Resident Chimp
Old Apr 2nd, 2013, 10:08 PM       
Fourth loss in a row. This sucks

3rd place or bust for the SE division IMO
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 11:33 AM       
How do we keep losing to the Prairie Dogs?
SKATASTIC
Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 11:54 AM       
Eat dicks penguins and you're record breaking attempting having asses.
Resident Chimp
Old Apr 4th, 2013, 11:10 PM       
OUT OF THE PLAYOFFS

SEASON OVER

ANGRY FACE
teacup of sunshine
Old Apr 4th, 2013, 11:47 PM       
Bobrovsky continues to ride high.

Hope he doesn't fall prey to the Columbus Curse- stellar goalies that fizzle after their first season
teacup of sunshine
Old Apr 5th, 2013, 06:16 AM       
I didn't see Sidney Puckmagnet's latest exploits but I'm guessing that he took another one in the face (twss) and flopped over. Accurate?

It's weird how some players are just injury prone. I'm not taking anything away from the seriousness or severity of the injuries, but some of them (including, yes, my favorite ex-goalie) just really seem to be up for it a lot.

Haven't seen anything quite as gory as that Malarchuk throat slash. I'm glad they're better protected now.
Resident Chimp
Old Apr 9th, 2013, 11:19 PM       
Dear Buffalo

Thanks.

- Winnipeg

PS Fuck Washington