Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Feel the guilt
Fat_Hippo is probably a spambot
Old Apr 6th, 2008, 09:17 AM       
Beowulf: Nice animation and over-the-top fight scenes, but the story was a watered down piece of shit of what was surely a great and masterful epic, even if I haven't read it. So sure, it wasn't exactly fuel for the mind, but it was okay.
He speaks truth!
Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 6th, 2008, 03:37 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMilitia View Post
Mallrats re-affirmed my dislike for Kevin Smith. I hate how everyone thinks that because he inserts a few obscure-ish words into his dialogue it makes it clever and witty. I also really hate that whenever someone mentions a Smith film they always have to talk about the director... which I've just done... but with good reason
Dude, that movie has tits in it.
The Power of Grayskull
Pandajuice is probably a spambot
Old Apr 6th, 2008, 06:08 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMilitia View Post
I watched Blood Diamond and about half of Mallrats.

Blood Diamond is a good film but it's depressing to consider how much worse the situation is in real life. It makes you feel like a shit when the TV you're watching the film on, if converted back to money, could probably sustain several families for the rest of their lives.

Mallrats re-affirmed my dislike for Kevin Smith. I hate how everyone thinks that because he inserts a few obscure-ish words into his dialogue it makes it clever and witty. I also really hate that whenever someone mentions a Smith film they always have to talk about the director... which I've just done... but with good reason
Blood Diamond was tough to watch. On the one hand, I like Dicaprio and his performance was awesome and a treat to watch, but on the other hand, it was just another politically attention seeking movie. It ended up being much too sappy and depressing and "feed the children"-esque to be enjoyable.

I always liked Mallrats though. But then again, the last time I saw it I was 17. Still, in my head, it's part of the 50% of decent films that Kevin Smith has made along with Clerks and Dogma.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Apr 6th, 2008, 06:15 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat_Hippo View Post
What didn't you like, the polar bear fight or the punk-ass kids?
I HATED ALL OF IT.

Actually I realized by the middle of the movie that I wasn't paying enough attention to know what was going on anymore which made it pretty hilarious.

Especially when my mind started wandering during the polar bear fight and I reasoned in my head that Cornelius Bear of Achewood fame could mess both of them up since he's the baddest dude in town and I started cracking up.

Don't see this movie with friends who legitimately want to see it because you'll just piss them off with comments such as "Why the hell are there bears in this movie" and "This is some harry potter shit"

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Feel the guilt
Old Apr 7th, 2008, 02:55 AM       
And Nicole Kidman's been hotter elsewhere too, is what I kept thinking.

Anyway, Alibi. I like it. Watch it. Like it too.
He speaks truth!
kitatsdiuqil
liquidstatik is probably a spambot
Old Apr 7th, 2008, 03:11 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat_Hippo View Post
I haven't read it
i have, and i thought it sucked ;<
Feel the guilt
Old Apr 7th, 2008, 05:06 AM       
Really? I've read a couple of old germanic tales and I really liked them. Everyone's a bastard, and they keep killing each other over little things like "your momma" jokes.

Edit: Liquid, you mentioned in another thread that you don't like reading. Of course you think it sucked!
He speaks truth!
Mucho Porro
ElPila666 is probably a spambot
Old Apr 7th, 2008, 06:02 AM       
The last german movie that enjoyed was Napola is about a nazi military school where they show they discipline that the kids were getting into.

I just saw Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story, it was a music biography spoof movie, it makes fun most of it to movies like Walk The Line, The Doors, Ray, etc...

Spoilers!
Fucking Finland
RaNkeri is probably a spambot
Old Apr 7th, 2008, 04:07 PM       
Just finished American Ninja 2 : The confrontation. i loved it! especially the ninjas!
Black ninjas, 9/10 red 1/10 black ninjas, beach ninjas, kidnapper ninjas, epic-yet-pointless-maneuver ninjas, shotgun ninjas, SUPER ninjas!
Ninjas, Ninjas, Ninjas, NINJAS!
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Apr 7th, 2008, 10:20 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaNkeri View Post
Just finished American Ninja 2 : The confrontation. i loved it! especially the ninjas!
Black ninjas, 9/10 red 1/10 black ninjas, beach ninjas, kidnapper ninjas, epic-yet-pointless-maneuver ninjas, shotgun ninjas, SUPER ninjas!
Ninjas, Ninjas, Ninjas, NINJAS!

You need to watch Ninja III: The domination. The opening 10 minutes are about a ninja who wrecks a golf course, takes on the LAPD. Get's shot fifty hunnerd times, at close range bye a cigar smoking shotgun cop and other cops in a circle, gets up and goes on another rampage. After that some 80's jazzercising comes in. The rest of the movie is still pretty bad but I'm sure Ninja III has the worst 10 opening minutes of any film ever.
Fucking Finland
Old Apr 12th, 2008, 06:04 PM       
Just finished watching Hard Target. Starring Van Damme, directed by John Woo. Yes, the movie did have pigeon scenes, dozens of them. And Van Damme had a greasy mullet

Some gems include:
  • Van Damme making a booby trap out of a snake
  • According to special effects, the guns they're using shoot out fire crackers
  • Van Damme uses approx. 10 shots -and as if that wouldn't be enough- 2 roundhouse kicks to kill an opponent
Definitely one of my favorite Van Damme flicks
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Apr 13th, 2008, 12:59 AM       

While it was enjoyable and I do recommend it, almost every character is in arrogant douchebag asshole.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Fucking Finland
Old Apr 13th, 2008, 03:50 PM       
Watched American Ninja 3.

This one didn't have Michael Dudikoff play the main role but thank god Steve James repeats his role as "Powerhouse" Jackson.

Although Jackson's clothing has been flamboyant ever since the first movie, and he has had the habbit of tearing away his own clothes while fighting, he somehow managed to top that. This time his clothing is so gay that even Bennett would have a hard on. And he dualwields swords!

I found this one to be somewhere between ok and bad. It's not even close to the level of the previous ones, but it has it's moments. Typical bad-good movie I'd say.

The absolute gem of this movie was the part where we learn that even ninjas wear white underwear.

rockfuckcunt
bigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 13th, 2008, 09:47 PM       
i've been watching ocean's 11, 12, and 13 for the past three weeks because i don't have cable

i love 11 and 13, and 12 is good, but just too damn contrived for me to "love" it
Prince Appalling
Karmapolice is probably a spambot
Old Apr 13th, 2008, 09:52 PM       
The Mist. I like the movie adaptation but the ending sucks though.
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 14th, 2008, 11:10 PM       
Airplane. Slapstick humor at it's finest.
Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 14th, 2008, 11:24 PM       
The Pick of Destiny - Watching this movie really made me wonder if I actually do enjoy dick & fart jokes.
El Mago Norrea
MadballChibcha is probably a spambot
Old Apr 16th, 2008, 09:45 AM       
Just finished a dystopian movie exhibit on my college film society.

- 1984 by Michael Radford
- Dead Man´s Letters by Konstantin Lopushanskij
- Fahrenheit 451 by François Truffaut
- The End of Evangelion by Hideaki Anno

Al four were pretty amazing movies. The first two were absolutetly pessimistic, the third one had some hilarious moments (albeit some are unintentional) and the final one was cool in a bizarre way.
Random quote: "In 80 movies I've died 24 times - electrocuted twice, hanged twice. I've been knifed, committed suicide, died in accidents, but never a natural death. Anyway, I don't think death is natural."

Alexandre in "Day for Night"
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Apr 16th, 2008, 09:55 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pub Lover View Post
The Pick of Destiny - Watching this movie really made me wonder if I actually do enjoy dick & fart jokes.
I could draw you a diagram of a dick farting in Jack Black's face if you want, Pub.
In the business we call it an "acid test".
Feel the guilt
Old Apr 16th, 2008, 10:20 AM       
Borat - Well, it's crude, but still funny. It gets a bit boring toward the end though.
What struck as remarkable is Sascha Baron Cohen's courage. I'm surprised he didn't get shot filming this movie...or eaten by a bear...or beat up at the very least. Of course, I don't know if being sued by 20 different people and a country is much better.
He speaks truth!
Madface is probably a spambot
Old Apr 17th, 2008, 10:34 AM       
I watched 10,000 B.C. and Doomsday...for free. When I told my friend that we were going to pay for B.C. and sneak into Doomsday I would have never thought I'd actually be happier about paying for 10,000 B.C. Both movies were pretty uninteresting but Doomsday is the first time that i have actually come close to falling asleep amidst grotesque but familiar violence. They were both crapfests don't get me wrong but Doomsday was easily the worse movie.
Son of a Sandworm??!
timrpgland is probably a spambot
Old Apr 18th, 2008, 12:14 AM       
Fracture and The Black Dahlia. I thought both were ok but I expected Fracture to be a bit more.... um. clever?

XBOX LIVE: KefkaGrim
Feel the guilt
Old Apr 18th, 2008, 08:27 AM       
I considered watching 10'000 BC in the cinema, but the incredibly stupid name put me off (not good stupid, like Snakes on a Plane stupid, but just stupid), so I decided to watch No Country for Old Men instead. Apparently a good decision.
He speaks truth!
Fucking Finland
Old Apr 19th, 2008, 04:58 PM       
AvP2:Requiem

Well, where do I begin? I've always been gay for predators because of their equipment and nature, and I gotta admit that the movie wasn't a dissapointment on that area. It was great to see one "professional" predator instead of the 3 wussies we had in the first movie.

But who the hell cares about people in this kind of a movie? Hell, I don't watch these movies because I'm interested to see drama or who will survive, I watch these to see people die when caught on the crossfire. I root for the monsters. So if they'll ever make AvP3, just give the humans smaller role, because I'm quite sure that most of the people, just like me, want to see Aliens fight against Predators and don't give a damn about humans. Unless the humans are marines or something like that.

And what the hell is it with the idea of having all the huge fights in dark? Is it really that hard to have aliens fight against predators in daylight?

But hey, it was way better than the 1st one.

Last edited by RaNkeri : Apr 19th, 2008 at 05:53 PM.
Feel the guilt
Old Apr 19th, 2008, 05:06 PM       
Gone Baby Gone - Well, it wasn't great. Actually, I wouldn't even call it good. But it was decent, I suppose, which is surprising, seeing how it had TWO Afflecks involved with it. But I found myself bored most of the time; only a few of the scenes had me watching with real interest.

Thank you for Smoking - One of those few really great movies. Some great laughs to be had in this movie, and I really recommend watching it. Hell, buy the DVD, because it's a movie that can be watched many times and still enjoyed very much.
He speaks truth!