Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Mar 10th, 2009, 03:08 AM       
lol @ dr boogies fake review of this movie
Is a RoboCop.

The Leader is probably a real personThe Leader is probably a real person
Old Mar 10th, 2009, 12:04 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero View Post
As I recall, they had a key. And the man blocked it. I guess Zack Snyder and Co. decided to save time for the cinema crowd.
They used a blowtorch on the lock.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 10th, 2009, 12:43 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Leader View Post
They used a blowtorch on the lock.
and thats why they changed it cause blow torches don't use electricity i think

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Mar 10th, 2009, 03:49 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by executioneer View Post
lol @ dr boogies fake review of this movie
That's what I was thinking

Quote:
Dr. Boogie
Those who have read the comic will recall the scene when Rorshach was captured by the police. It was a great scene where he wards off SWAT team members with an improvised flamethrower, lights an apartment on fire, and jumps out of a window, only to injure himself and land in police custody. The film, however, changes this scene considerably. Rather than being caught while investigating a possible lead, Rorshach is caught when, while watching a news report on a TV in a window display, he accidentally smashes the window with a frustrated headbutt. He gets away from the police initially, but then the police spot him peeping out of his hiding place inside a post office dropbox. It was all too much, especially the following scene where they simply airlift the entire mailbox directly to the police station.
I skimmed through the review and this part didn't make any sense to me. At first I thought that Boogie watched a version of the movie they later changed. Then I was thinking he just made some stuff up.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Mar 10th, 2009, 03:51 PM       
I want to flame people in there, but I will only get my posts deleted
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Mar 10th, 2009, 07:10 PM       
It's certainly a possibility
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Mar 10th, 2009, 09:23 PM       
thats why i lolled at it in this thread instead, dont wanna ruin the fun
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Mar 10th, 2009, 10:03 PM       
I hope they make the Black Freighter look like an animated comic book.
Pygmy Extraordinaire
Location: In a home that scares my neighbors by having body parts on my balcony all year long
LittleDollClaudia is probably a spambot
Old Mar 10th, 2009, 10:37 PM       
I saw it, I liked it. The ending was all right, I just don't like how they made a certain character look like a douche because of it. But that's just my opinion.

Again, as everyone is saying, it is extremely difficult to take every single bit of the comic and put it into the movie.

I was sorta hoping they would have done the "in thing" which is a trilogy. Then, you could have had everything in it.

What I think is the saddest thing about it is that it will have an excellent first week, but it won't be a blockbuster. Only us nerds and weirdos will make the journey to see it, whereas the vanilla people would rather watch Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson in "Race To Witch Mountain."

:sigh:

~zydrate comes in a little glass vial..~Graverobber, Repo! The Genetic Opera
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 10th, 2009, 10:46 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
I hope they make the Black Freighter look like an animated comic book.
is already on blu-ray and dvd i think it has do the evolutin kind of animation with gerard buttler as the voice
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zUgBK0-qbo

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Mar 10th, 2009, 11:25 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDollClaudia View Post

Only us nerds and weirdos will make the journey to see it, whereas the vanilla people would rather watch Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson in "Race To Witch Mountain."

:sigh:
I thought you meant Honkeys at first.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 11th, 2009, 12:36 AM       
With all the tiny changes that nerds are seizing upon, I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Comedian's scar. In the comic, it was a huge, disfiguring one that truncated his cheek, but in the movie, it was just a little scratch.

Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Mar 11th, 2009, 01:12 PM       
I am a fan of the graphic novel and this movie. I think the director did as good a job as could be done translating the material. I agree it was weird how for some parts he would religiously stay true to the source material and for other scenes it seemed he changed things for no reason but I am not going to blow my nerd gasket and start bitching on internet forums. I agreed with whoever said it really complements the novel. I imagine if I was unfamialr with the comics that this movie would have seemed slightly confusing because I felt that everything kind of just happened without much explanation to the audience. The movie was great but still can't be touched by Dark Knight. I also didn't feel the movie felt long but I think that has to do with being a fan of the comics because other people I went with said it dragged at times.

I was so happy they didn't change the era to like modern day terrorism thou. Then I would have blown a nerd gasket.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 11th, 2009, 05:25 PM       
This could go in the Youtube thread, but it's more relevant here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDDHHrt6l4w&feature=dir

Intro to the Watchmen cartoon.

pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Mar 11th, 2009, 10:59 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkvare View Post
is already on blu-ray and dvd i think it has do the evolutin kind of animation with gerard buttler as the voice
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zUgBK0-qbo
Looks like garbage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie View Post
This could go in the Youtube thread, but it's more relevant here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDDHHrt6l4w&feature=dir

Intro to the Watchmen cartoon.
Someone posted it back on page 2.
90's Child is probably a spambot
Old Mar 13th, 2009, 01:04 AM       
Well, to be honest, I've never read the Graphic Novel (although I know that I really, really should), and I thought the movie was pretty good. Not as good as the Dark Knight, but still pretty good. Rorshrach was a badass. And I think the whole quibble about the squid is just silly nitpicking. They changed the words, but the song's still the same. Although, from what I know, it does introduce some problems plotwise, and people may have a point about it, but it's not a movie-ruiner.

Here's hoping that it actually succeeds, although from the box office and the fact that dumbass parents who saw it with their kids walked out doesn't look like a good sign.
in training
electric ninja is probably a spambot
Old Mar 13th, 2009, 04:44 AM       
Here's another Watchmen cartoon, the unofficial trailer

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/485903
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Mar 13th, 2009, 02:45 PM       
As soon as I saw Squidworth I turned it off. That was gay.
Mongoloid
Cedar is probably a spambot
Old Mar 13th, 2009, 07:34 PM       
i need to find a link to watch this online ASAP
...for breakfast?!
Schimid is probably a spambot
Old Mar 16th, 2009, 12:54 AM       
Saw it. I have no idea how I feel about it.

It's definitely a GOOD movie, but is is GREAT? I think it's an excellent complement to the movie but on it's own...I dunno.

Spoilers!
Is a RoboCop.

The Leader is probably a real personThe Leader is probably a real person
Old Mar 16th, 2009, 12:45 PM       
Yes to the cancer, and agree about the genetics. Did you also hear the woman mention ordering the four legged chicken in the restaurant as well?
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Mar 17th, 2009, 11:09 AM       
I really wasn't impressed with the book or movie. The only good thing about it was I got in free.
IWORKFORTHEMAN:MAN
Misdemonar is probably a spambot
Old Mar 18th, 2009, 09:13 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSappington View Post
I really wasn't impressed with the book or movie. The only good thing about it was I got in free.
RAGE
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Mar 19th, 2009, 02:12 AM       
I have never read the comic. YEAH I SAID COMIC!

Just watched it tonight and I really love the beginning with the Dylan song. I think it was pretty dam long for a movie sitting, and I was even in a comfy chair with a vodka and a Guinness. Never the less, it was the best movie I've seen in a while. Sadly I connect with the Comedian.
The Wrong Melon Farmer

Sacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 19th, 2009, 02:14 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Leader View Post
Yes to the cancer, and agree about the genetics. Did you also hear the woman mention ordering the four legged chicken in the restaurant as well?
I'm glad I wasn't the only one.