Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Mar 4th, 2009, 01:37 AM        Geneology
Well. I am apparently a direct female-line descendant of this woman:

http://www.thecid.com/w/frenchw/i91.htm

As are over 140,000 people in the United States.
I also discovered that the pedigree collapses at her, as the descendents of her two husbands, Jaques Hertel and Francois Morel, ended up marrying each other.

She'd probably be irritated to learn that most of her descendants don't speak French.
hAS RUG-BURN
Evil Robot is probably a spambot
Old Mar 4th, 2009, 02:12 AM       
Black French Homos?
hAS RUG-BURN
Old Mar 4th, 2009, 02:13 AM       
her two ex husbands got married\
hAS RUG-BURN
Old Mar 4th, 2009, 02:18 AM       
At least you dont have any jews in your family. If you di, Geggy would not speak to you.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Mar 4th, 2009, 04:13 AM       
stupid women with their mitochondrial dna.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Mar 4th, 2009, 04:55 AM       
I asked my grandmother once if we were related to anyone famous. Where we came from and who were our ancesters.

"Off the boat" was all I got. Go the Irish!
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Mar 4th, 2009, 04:58 AM       
an anthropology teacher told me that you can send a cotton swab with your saliva on it to some place and they can use it to trace your genetic heritage back pretty far ;o
and they can tell you all sorts of weird details too like what part of the world they came from and stuff
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Mar 4th, 2009, 05:31 AM       
Yeah...but you have to pay them a lot of money for it.
BANNED

Old Mar 4th, 2009, 05:33 AM       
how much is a lot?
SKATASTIC
Old Mar 4th, 2009, 01:56 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn View Post
how much is a lot?

http://dna.ancestry.com/welcome.aspx

$80....was $149.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Mar 4th, 2009, 08:54 AM       
i thought it was spelt genealogy :/

on topic though i am descended in part from the first doctor on the puyallup indian reservation, doctor charles hadley spinning (he was a captain of an oregon trail caravan in 1851!)

EDIT: here am a picture of him

edit 2 apparantly the internet is of the mistaken notion that his middle name was "harding", the dingbats
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Mar 4th, 2009, 10:34 AM       
Is that why Geggy doesn't speak to me? I mean, I didn't really miss it, but...

Hey, if you're in any way European you may well have been descended from this royal manwhore:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Augustus_II_the_Strong

They were never able to get an accurate count of his bastards, but he only had one legitimate child.
Queen of the Beasts
Old Mar 4th, 2009, 11:23 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
Is that why Geggy doesn't speak to me? I mean, I didn't really miss it, but...

Hey, if you're in any way European you may well have been descended from this royal manwhore:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Augustus_II_the_Strong

They were never able to get an accurate count of his bastards, but he only had one legitimate child.
It would certainly explain why my family has such heavy eyebrows.
say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old Mar 4th, 2009, 12:00 PM       
Whoo hoo! My name has been mentioned TWICE in this thread. Thanks for acknowledging my existence. I'm sure the people of my descendant would very much appreciate it.
Crazy dog woman
the Platinum Poppy is probably a spambot
Old Mar 4th, 2009, 02:50 PM       
I can't imagine being related to someone interesting. I come from the countryside. My grandparents and great grandparents came from the same countryside. My little sister once did a little family research as part of a school project, she went back several generations behind that and it's still just farmers and the occassional railroad worker in the same rural area. I suspect I wouldn't find anything more interesting if I bothered to continue the research.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Mar 4th, 2009, 03:31 PM       
I love when people become convinced they're a direct descendant of some historical figure, usually royal, whether that person had descendants or not.

I knew of one girl who was certain she was a descendant of Éponine Thénardier. Yes, the Les Misérables Éponine, despite my assurances to her that it was a fictional character.

Then again, I knew a girl in fourth grade who thought she was a purple horse, so maybe I just hung out with retards.
Queen of the Beasts
Old Mar 4th, 2009, 03:45 PM       
Quote:
I love when people become convinced they're a direct descendant of some historical figure, usually royal, whether that person had descendants or not.
I AM Marie Marguerie's direct matrilineal descendant, and I have the paperwork and the mitochondrial DNA to prove it!
Insane Writer
ZeldaQueen is probably a spambot
Old Mar 5th, 2009, 09:39 PM       
Quote:

I knew of one girl who was certain she was a descendant of Éponine Thénardier. Yes, the Les Misérables Éponine, despite my assurances to her that it was a fictional character.

Then again, I knew a girl in fourth grade who thought she was a purple horse, so maybe I just hung out with retards.
That's been noted about reincarnation. People always think that they're reincarnated from Napoleon or Cleopatra when they probably reincarnated from some slub in New Jersey.

And wow...she honestly thought that? How old was she at this time? If it was later than elementary school, I'm concerned.
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing." "But," says Man, "The Babel fish proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.
teacup of sunshine
Old Mar 4th, 2009, 03:58 PM       
I said "people", not "Jeanette X".

I'm talking about people who are descended from the gay Richard Lionheart, the dead-before-17 Lady Jane Gray, and the highly unlikely Elizabeth I.
Queen of the Beasts
Old Mar 4th, 2009, 04:50 PM       
Quote:
I said "people", not "Jeanette X".

I'm talking about people who are descended from the gay Richard Lionheart, the dead-before-17 Lady Jane Gray, and the highly unlikely Elizabeth I.
Oh okay. I thought you were being snarky.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Mar 4th, 2009, 04:57 PM       
i'm prob. descended from mary queen of scots, at least thats what the ppl at the stewart clan meetings kept saying anyways though i haven't seen the documentation
teacup of sunshine
Old Mar 4th, 2009, 05:25 PM       
my heritage research stopped at so many dead ends, on account of various batches of relatives who were at odds with one another, that I gave up.

On one side, blahblah miscellaneous Lord Whatnot and his distinctively-nosed group (they all look like Eric Idle) and manymany French people no one cares about, some of whom are Jewish but the others don't talk about that except for me. I know the town in Alsace we came from and I even know the name of the boat, but in the most recent generation it has been decided that it is bad to be French so we don't talk about that either.

I'll make a note of that....French bad, Jewish bad. So Lord Whatnot notwithstanding, Burke's Peerage isn't knocking on my door for the reason of those skeletons alone.

On the other side, people who may or may not have come from England, Denmark or France who also decided, although a few generations further back, that it was a very bad thing to be European, and so who the hell knows.
Queen of the Beasts
Old Mar 4th, 2009, 06:57 PM       
Quote:
French bad, Jewish bad.
I'm 1/2 French Canadian and 1/2 Ashkenazi Jewish.
hAS RUG-BURN
Old Mar 4th, 2009, 07:40 PM       
John the Baptist is my second cousin
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Mar 4th, 2009, 07:47 PM       
I was shocked to find out that I am in no way related to Noah.