Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Comics 'n Books
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old May 6th, 2007, 06:21 AM        Stephen King's "Cell"
Reading this now. Pretty good so far and it really grabs you pretty early.

That was very funny. Well done.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old May 6th, 2007, 01:45 PM       
I got the brand-frickin-new hardcover of this from the local library sale for three dollars :retardedsmilieface
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old May 6th, 2007, 03:27 PM       
I sat down in a library and read this for three hours only to forget to put it in my stack of books to check out.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old May 7th, 2007, 02:23 PM       
I never have and possibly never will read a stephen king novel :O
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old May 7th, 2007, 02:56 PM       
They are very fun, and completely without any scares whatsoever.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old May 8th, 2007, 01:34 PM       
what's the point of reading a scary book if you don't get scared? ;o
Ancient Mariner
Old May 8th, 2007, 04:28 PM       
I'd agree if I could find any genuinely frightening books.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old May 8th, 2007, 09:59 PM       
This one isn't scary, it's got a disturbing but slightly cheesy scenario. It's just a fun book about (kind of) zombies.

Banned
noob3 is probably a spambot
Old May 9th, 2007, 11:41 AM       
Isn't Eli Roth supposed to make this into a movie? I, like Kahljorn, havn't read a Stephen King book before. I doubt I'll read this, but I do like zombies!
Ancient Mariner
Old May 9th, 2007, 01:39 PM       
Yeah, He's doing it instead of making 'Thanksgiving' into a movie.

edited

Last edited by Grislygus : May 9th, 2007 at 07:58 PM. Reason: dumbassery
The Wolf
Old May 9th, 2007, 07:30 PM       
Thanks.

Ancient Mariner
Old May 9th, 2007, 07:49 PM       
Hang on, the book never actually reveals the origin of the pulse. The quick blurb about terrorists in the beginning is pretty much the only time it's addressed.
BANNED

Old May 10th, 2007, 01:50 AM       
well hp lovecraft sometimes scares me and most of the movies made after lovecrafts work scares me too. Genuine fright for the movies usually movies just shock me if anything hp lovecraft movies actually make me not want to see the next scene because i don't know what's going to happen
Forum Virgin

ScottMacInnis is probably a spambot
Old May 10th, 2007, 05:24 AM       
Cell was a great read, currently reading "Rant" by Chuck Palahniuk, GOD that guy's twisted...

IT was a scary read for me... Then again I was 7...
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old May 19th, 2007, 12:23 AM       
Eli Roth is going to make a two hour movie of cheesy trailers (he wants to), entitled something to the effect of "Pure Trash" or something like it.

It's okay in my book and I'd rather he do it than Cell.
Forum Virgin
Clockwork is probably a spambot
Old May 21st, 2007, 01:17 AM       
I thought Cell was a terrible book. What was very surprising (to me) was how soon the protagonist discovered the case of the mass zombification. It's around p.14 or some crap.

**OMGSTEPHENKINGSPOILERS**

A lady starts nawin' on a guys ear, and the main character's all "OH MY GOD, she was using a cell prior to scoffing that sweet, delicious cartilage! It's the CELL PHONES, it must be. Of course! It's the only logical explanation."

And King kills off the hot female character around the half way point, leaving the rest of the book a total sausage fest. Which is cool, if you're into that sort of thing. :/
Ancient Mariner
Old May 21st, 2007, 10:21 AM       
Probably the most pathetic qualifications for being "terrible" that I've seen in a while.
Forum Virgin
Clockwork is probably a spambot
Old May 21st, 2007, 11:59 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grislygus View Post
Probably the most pathetic qualifications for being "terrible" that I've seen in a while.
Different strokes, dude. I don't generally like Stephen King so I was already expecting it to suck before I'd turned the first page. It wasn't surprising to find that he still can't manage to write a proper ending. The whole thing ran out of steam. But I did try to like Cell 'cos my boyfriend was the one who recommended it to me.

He usually has good taste in books, too.
BANNED

Old May 21st, 2007, 02:01 PM       
maybe he just understood something you didn't.

Steven King writes some damned deep books so deep that sometimes you can't see into it's murky brown depths.
Only those with the mystical brown eye can understand the true meaning of steven king
Ancient Mariner
Old May 21st, 2007, 02:26 PM       
Understand? Hell, I'm having trouble understanding why a partially open-ended ending is bad. 'Course, I wasn't already expecting it to suck before I turned the first page, so maybe that's it.