Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Music
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prepare for time warp.
ThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's army
Old Nov 21st, 2011, 01:20 AM        Dubstep.
Just wondering what you think about it...

not saying i like it or anything... pfft...

just wondering...

[EDIT] Ok I'll go ahead and say it, I think I'm sexually attracted to dubstep. I'm really into oldschool thrash metal, everything from Black Sabbath to King Diamond to Megadeth. I like some punk from the late 70's early 80's and I also love classic rock like Jimi, led Zep, Cream, Eric Clapton also Elton John, Queen and even some modern jazz.

I also love Techno and Electronica. Mostly from growing up on the Wipeout games. The soundtracks had some awesome artists, mainly Cold Storage who has done the majority of songs for them. Also bands like Orbital, Hellion, Crystal Method and The Prodigy. Not to mention years of playing Frequency and Amplitude. Some of the devs at Harmonix helped actually create some of the trance songs for the game as well as the artist Symbion Project and Robotkid who made some absolutely killer stuff.

Dubstep is part of the electronica genre, the biggest thing about it are the bass drops which is where the song goes from sounding calm to optimus prime cumming in your speakers.

Maybe it's because I've been getting crazy stoned lately but some of the darker and harder (lol) stuff sounds rad as HELL.

The guys in the mainstream like Skrillex and Deadmau5 kind of suck, and it seems like everyone with a computer thinks they're a record producer and have over 400 songs so its kind of hard to find the original stuff with some actual quality.

Then again maybe it just all sucks.

Last edited by ThrashO : Nov 21st, 2011 at 06:25 PM. Reason: i told the truth
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Nov 21st, 2011, 01:42 AM       
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Nov 21st, 2011, 11:12 AM       
hahahahahahaahahaha

MOVE THAT BUSSSS
The Glum Cunt
k0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contest
Old Nov 21st, 2011, 01:55 PM       
Dubstep is horrible. Videos funny though.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Nov 21st, 2011, 03:06 PM       
FUP WUP WUP WUP WUP WUPFUP WUP WUP WUP WUP WUPFUP WUP WUP WUP WUP WUP
ZZRRRRZZZ RRRRAAAAZZZZZRRRRR
Prepare for time warp.
ThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's army
Old Nov 21st, 2011, 05:52 PM       
I'm just going to say that I've been getting stoned at night and putting on a playlist of these videos:

BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Nov 21st, 2011, 06:01 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost View Post
Hahahaha

I don't know why I laughed so hard at 0:52

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Nov 21st, 2011, 06:26 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrashO View Post
I'm just going to say that I've been getting stoned at night and putting on a playlist of these videos:

That's the worst video ever made. I hate you more than I ever did before.
Prepare for time warp.
Old Nov 21st, 2011, 06:37 PM       
SKATASTIC
Old Nov 21st, 2011, 07:41 PM       
This is how I go down on the ladies.

Prepare for time warp.
Old Nov 22nd, 2011, 03:22 AM       
someone said this song was pretty cool... they're probly gay though haha fag

Superior Electric Sheep
replicant is probably a spambot
Old Nov 26th, 2011, 10:54 PM       
In the past, I have found dubstep to be highly abrasive. There are many forms of music whose beginnings aren't very palatable. I don't mind harsh sounds since I do like a lot of different types of metal and some punk. However, I have to be honest that I cannot stand abrasive, abstract things 90% of the time. Thus, I welcome an evolved form of dubstep. The strength in dubstep is that it is rhythmic and has a primal component that can be infectious. When used right, it can add an interesting backdrop to a song like autotune. Though conversely, autotune has been used way too much. It has been abused. Abuse is my fear for dubstep.

Skrillex is mainstream. He's produced a more palatable form of Dubstep. Is necessarily good music? That's for individuals to judge. I honestly don't really get into him.

There's progress but I am still waiting for some even better dubstep.

I have to admit I really like Liquid DubStep.

Other Dubstep

Prepare for time warp.
Old Nov 27th, 2011, 12:43 AM       
Might as well add these here too, great links Replicant.

I've been hooked on this song lately

Superior Electric Sheep
Old Dec 2nd, 2011, 10:48 PM       
Some good choices there.
the great Troll Caper
JohnnyLurg is probably a spambot
Old Dec 29th, 2011, 08:58 AM       
Adult Swim released a pretty cool free dubstep compilation on their website called [unclassified] that I somewhat recommend.
SKATASTIC
Old Dec 31st, 2011, 12:27 PM       
http://www.buffablog.com/2011/12/ton...ion-night.html

AND THE END COMMENCED
Superior Electric Sheep
Old Jan 9th, 2012, 01:37 AM       
Oh, I fully expect people to be using dubstep like autotune. I already imagine the horrifying collaborations but it may not be bad as that Freddie Mercury and Michael Jackson joint album someone is working on (so I heard).
Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old Jan 28th, 2012, 01:10 AM       
Dubstep's fuc*ing stupid.
Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old Jan 28th, 2012, 01:11 AM       
Ok it's aight.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Jan 28th, 2012, 08:36 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost View Post
This is how I go down on the ladies.

Qbert is going to destroy the place, and I had no idea who Reeps One was until I saw that video, and he looks pretty cool too.
SKATASTIC
Old Jan 30th, 2012, 11:30 PM       
Oh shit son.
Superior Electric Sheep
Old Feb 4th, 2012, 01:51 AM       
Wow, I don't think I ever heard any beatboxer do that. Granted I haven't kept up with the bb scene but geezus.
Prepare for time warp.
Old Feb 8th, 2012, 03:09 PM       
I remember Qbert from freQuency. Sounds like it's gonna be pretty sexy.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Feb 13th, 2012, 11:16 AM       
why no thongs

fuck those dubstep fags
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Feb 13th, 2012, 08:35 PM       
Because it let's the racists know that they are not welcome.