Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Oct 30th, 2008, 08:11 AM        The Yoda of the Rat World scuttles off the S.S. G.O.P
In what is surely one of the signs of the apocalypse Francis Friggin' Fukiyama just endorsed Obama

"I'm voting for Barack Obama this November for a very simple reason. It is hard to imagine a more disastrous presidency than that of George W. Bush. It was bad enough that he launched an unnecessary war and undermined the standing of the United States throughout the world in his first term. But in the waning days of his administration, he is presiding over a collapse of the American financial system and broader economy that will have consequences for years to come. As a general rule, democracies don't work well if voters do not hold political parties accountable for failure. While John McCain is trying desperately to pretend that he never had anything to do with the Republican Party, I think it would a travesty to reward the Republicans for failure on such a grand scale.
McCain's appeal was always that he could think for himself, but as the campaign has progressed, he has seemed simply erratic and hotheaded. His choice of Sarah Palin as a running mate was highly irresponsible; we have suffered under the current president who entered office without much knowledge of the world and was easily captured by the wrong advisers. McCain's lurching from Reaganite free- marketer to populist tribune makes one wonder whether he has any underlying principles at all."
Oozes machismo
pac-man is probably a spambot
Old Oct 30th, 2008, 11:01 AM       
I like the way he put that.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Oct 30th, 2008, 11:36 AM       
"He was also among forty co-signers of William Kristol's September 20, 2001 letter to President George W. Bush after the September 11, 2001 attacks that suggested the U.S. 'capture or kill Osama bin Laden, and to destroy his network of associates', and 'provide full military and financial support to the Iraqi opposition' for the purpose of removing Saddam Hussein from power 'even if evidence does not link Iraq directly to the attack."
-Wikipedia

Who is he to be pointing fingers?
Oozes machismo
pac-man is probably a spambot
Old Oct 30th, 2008, 11:58 AM       
Yosemite Sam also threw his support behind Obama.
Insane Writer
ZeldaQueen is probably a spambot
Old Oct 31st, 2008, 05:38 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by pac-man View Post
Yosemite Sam also threw his support behind Obama.
So what? I'll vote for whatever varmen I want! What in tarnation are you implying?

http://www.brandsoftheworld.com/bran...5755/brand.gif
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing." "But," says Man, "The Babel fish proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Nov 3rd, 2008, 09:53 PM       
If Obama wins convincingly, and his coattails drive through a filibuster-proof majority for the Democrats in both houses of Congress, then the GOP has "some 'splainin' to do".

Truth be told, I'm wondering if the final solution for the GOP could be the creation of a "Fiscal Conservative" party which would move more toward the center on social issues, while the die-hard "lunatic fringe" (of which Sarah is the poster child) forms its own "Morality Party". I dare say things seem to be moving in that direction already.
You may already be there.
Little Monster
Miss Modular is probably a spambot
Old Nov 6th, 2008, 10:23 AM       
Fukuyama endorsed and voted for Kerry as well, so this isn't exactly a shock...at least not to me.