Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Kulturkampf is probably a spambot
Old Feb 5th, 2006, 10:07 PM        If You Do Drugs You Are Innocent
I wrote this poem, because I heard about the 7" record that was made, that was about a girl in Australia who overdosed and died on ecstacy; it was a hardcore techno (similar to gabber) album, and on the B-side it had a picture of Anna Wood, a girl who died of hyponetremia (water intoxication) caused by ecstacy use. And the picture caption said: "I am Having The Best Night of My Life." I later find another girl who died of ecstasy use, named Rachel Whitear, and I saw a picture of her dead on the ground, crumpled up in her room, probably found by her parents. Her body was so discolored she did not even look like once a young, typical English schoolgirl (note: she was white; judging by the photo you would guess she was actually black, but she became so discolored).

Her parents released the photograph because they wanted people to be aware of the horror. Look at it if you want: http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/194500..._death_300.jpg

(here is her before death)

Friday night at a punk rock concert I drank a lot -- I had a 40 ounce on the subway down, and then had a 4-5 bottles of beer, and an old Korean man bought for me and him two bottles of Soju (about 8 shots a piece, the soju is about 60-70 proof), and I danced to punk & skinhead music, and then I went outside to piss on a dumpster and have a moment in thought... And I realized that...

If you do drugs, you are innocent, and it is a cry for a good time, and that we all simply wanted a good time, and that drug use was a desire for the good. I thougt... This is so terrible that people who are so young die of as much.

And I say about drugs these poems:

NOTE: anything with a number in paranthesis has a note at the bottom.

Collapsed.
Crumpled on the floor.
I wanted a good time, I wanted to feel alive.
It was the best night of my life.
discolored. purple.

Bury me, but before you do,
love me gently.

I was your family & friend,
too young to know better, too innocent to care,
too fast to live, too young to die, (1)
trapped in a crumpled moment on a floor as a used towel.

I was your daughter,
remember my smile and love me gently before I go.
----
(2)

Do not worry about falling in love(3) or the marks you earn in your schools,
do not worry for an instant about the degrading glances of peers or a teacher's glare --
for moments on our fridays and saturdays, please become free;
test results and derisive opinions mean nothing to me.

Last friday your face was bright and carefree,
now it is strained and forced, there is a pain in your smile and a tear in your eye --

Do not worry about falling in love, and do not worry about other's impressions.
Do not worry about school or colleges or exams, do not even think.

I will be your clown and say a thousand stupid things --
I will hold out your drinks with both hands and beg you to take them;
I will wra[ my arm around you during the punk bands, and together we'll knock others aside;

Whatever it means, it is our friday and saturday, and it is a human right for you to be happy tonight.

It's only Friday once a week. (5)

----
this is the best night of my life, and I will remember it forever, the feeling of dancing and being elevated.

A light, a sound, a beat, an urgent feeling in my feet and a shiver in my ribs & spine

A noise that is close and loud and a half-smile from a shadowy dancer.
Suspended in a moment of Zen that the Buddha would dismiss as hallucination.

I am Bacchus, the lover of life, (5)
and for a moment I am a King. Nothing matters but this time.

A history of transgressions -- a future of failures
they are erased. Perfectly.

We are as innocent as a dog begging his owner.
--

You are only young once, but you remember it forever(7)
and there is a wrinkle in your hands and your smile,
and there is a sentimentle picture of you and faces -- faces so old you nearly forgot, but never could,
and when you see the faces it is as ghosts awake in your brain.

Do you remember the smell of tequila and the taste of salt?
Do you remember the feeling of other person's sweaty arms and shoulders against your own?
Do you remember the awkward moments before your favorite band began to play, and your heart screamed and you wanted to explode?

Elbows and fists were nothing because a bus or train could not hurt you.
Immortal & young forever, trapped in a moment of God's eternal smiles.

You were young once, and you will remember it forever,
because you were a punk rocker and it means more to have spent a year of youth as a punk than a century as the normal guy

because your hair was spiked or bald or however you wanted it,
and no one could tell you otherwise.

because you listened to songs that explained your heart over ferocious guitars, basses, and drums

because you were a punk rocker, and that is the only thing that matters --

as you approach your final years and see the autumn leaves brightly colored and falling from trees,
no matter what, you are going to smile,

Because you were young once, and when you were young ----

You were as a brightly colored autumn leaf:

Showing a true color and waiting to plummet to the earth,
always unsecure but never caring, ready to be stirred by the wind of a friday night,
ready to fall, confident in yourself and seeing beauty in All

Because you were young once, you will remember it forever, and you were and always will be a punk rocker.

----------
NOTES:

(1) "Too fast to live, too young to die" is a popular patch amongst punk rockers in Asia. It means: "(I am/you are)too fast to live, too young to die (because you are young and quick, and you are a punk rocker for life)."

(2) Those words was about two friends who failed college entrance exams, and to this date, (weeks later), are depressed and unwilling to come out. I ecstatically plea and I am overjoyed on the phone, saying, "Oh please, come out, come out, we want to see you" but they object and do not come.

They are both special folks in punk scene, who are really funny and happy normally making jokes, but now so stoic and sad; so it is personal forme.

(3) "Do not worry about falling in love" was taken from a song going through my head by Shorty Cat. In Korean, it was: "Sa-rang eun na-rel wee hae keok-jeong hajima." (Do not worry about me falling in love). It's a good song called 'All The Time.'

(4) Bacchus was just a lover of life.

(5) "It's only friday once a week" is taken from the Ultima Thule song 'Friday Evening.'

Other notes:

The poems are about being a punk rocker and dealing with facts of life, and this night I drank a lot and I heard some of my favorite songs, and I want to say:

I am and will be myself, and there wont be a shame, and there wont be a filter in my brain to sort out the bad or the good, but just a pouring out of a human perspective.

A human perspective should be naked, a human perspecive should be honest enough to never care what another thinks, and a human perspective should be as courageous as a fish.

A human perspective admits when its wrong, but sometimes it doesn't even know -- and a human perspective is as Jean-Jacques Rousseau's noble savage:

It is wild and free, and by virtue of this, it is honest and incapable of telling a lie --

a noble savage is truth, and truth is the answer to the lies we say and the painful portraits people make.

So I say:

I was young once and I was shaved into youth cults of punk and skinhead, and I was beaten and I was strengthened by an international society of serious cunts without straight faces, and straight faced cunts without serious thoughts.

And no one can take away the endless fridays and saturdays of glory unending, and the contortion on your face when you hear your favorite song.

I'll always smile and I'll die happy because I was young once and I went to a concert at age 13 in the basement of a bar, and there were some older kids who strummed guitars and the sound meant more than life itself because it was the manifestation of who I was in a single concept, idea, and shape.

If we had to define ourselves in words, I could not, but if you let me define myself, I could give you a photograph that will forever tell you who I was and what I was doing:

This is me, and this is my life, and this is the glory unending of an underground rock & roll scene.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Feb 5th, 2006, 10:17 PM       
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old Feb 5th, 2006, 10:23 PM       
http://www.erowid.org/general/survey...article1.shtml

If you do drugs, you ought to know you're playing with fire. I include legal drugs like alcohol and tobacco in that statement. Hell, I'll go so far as to say you're taking a small risk with drugs given to you in a hospital by a trained physician.

The human body is remarkably fragile.
ineffable

sadie is probably a spambot
Old Feb 5th, 2006, 10:23 PM       
um.
1. you urinated on a dumpster.
2. i don't get the title of your thread.
3. some people just ought not get wasted.
4. poetry forum?
Mocker

Abcdxxxx is probably a spambot
Old Feb 5th, 2006, 11:01 PM       
You didn't use the SATIRE emoticon. I'm worried. If drugs make you post poetry on the internet, you might want to rethink how positive their effects are on you.

Also, did you just out yourself as a former skinhead in one of those poems? Yikes!

Truthfully you lost me at the part where you did 9 shots with an older Korean man. Are you sure it was just drugs you wanted to be doing that night? Oh baby!
Mocker
Big Papa Goat is probably a spambot
Old Feb 5th, 2006, 11:09 PM       
Her body was so discolored she did not even look like once a young, typical English schoolgirl (note: she was white; judging by the photo you would guess she was actually black, but she became so discolored).

lol

Old Feb 6th, 2006, 03:08 AM       
Honestly... It was a philosophy and poetry.

So I do not know. I will post there next time or maybe a mod could move the thread if it is not philosophical enough.

and skinheads are non-racists and racists both. You could look up something about skinheads like
http://www.tradskin.org/text.html
Mocker

Abcdxxxx is probably a spambot
Old Feb 6th, 2006, 03:16 AM       
You probably don't approve of Hashish though do you?
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Feb 6th, 2006, 04:34 AM       
poetry
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Feb 6th, 2006, 04:39 AM       
Quote:
This is so terrible that people who are so young die of as much.
This sentence made me lol :<
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Feb 6th, 2006, 08:48 AM       
Max is going to be jealous of this school girl.

Old Feb 6th, 2006, 09:34 AM       
I.... I.... I.....

approve of the legalization of marijuana because I feel that it is not a drug that is more extreme than alcohol, and for us not to legalize it is a double standard.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Feb 6th, 2006, 10:45 AM       
SPECIAL NOTE TO ANT: In the following post I intend to indulge a hobby of mine and make fun of the VERY bad writing found in this thread. SKIP THIS POST!!

Okay, now that the spoil sport has left the building;

Kev, if you are saying this thread makes me wish I was dead, YOU ARE RIGHT ON THE MONEY, SIR!!

"If you do drugs, you are innocent, and it is a cry for a good time, and that we all simply wanted a good time, and that drug use was a desire for the good. I thougt... This is so terrible that people who are so young die of as much.

And I say about drugs these poems: "

AAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!! AAAAAAGGAGAGAGAGAGAHHHH!!!!

This writing is worse than the than the very worst, speediest, rat poison laced, vomitting, covulsing, cut rate acid trip I ever took in the early eighties!

Please, please tell me you were drunk when you wrote that sentence, and then stop drinking forever.

"It was a philosiphy and poetry."

WHY NOT 'A PHILOSIPHY AND A POETRY???

"because I feel that it is not a drug that is more extreme than alcohol, and for us not to legalize it is a double standard."

ARE YOU HAVING A STROKE? Or should I say 'Are you not having a brain that is not having a stroke?
Mocker
Old Feb 6th, 2006, 12:50 PM       
Sa-rang eun na-rel wee hae keok-jeong hajima
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Feb 6th, 2006, 01:28 PM       
I really like this piece, it's like an autobiography, synopsis and a piece embarassingly retarded poetry all rolled into one. Good job, jackass. Posting notes on your own poetry seems a little ridiculous, way to be pretentious and show off your supposed brain size. I bet people in your myspace think you're a genius. You probably have that quality of attracting stupid people who are too stupid to realize who is intellectually superior.
Did you write the notes before or after the poem?

P.S. You're a horrible poet.

IM INSPIRED NOW I"M GOING TO WRITE A POEM A BOUT ALL THE DEAD KITTENS AND STUFF AND STARVING CHILDREN AND HOW BAD THE WORLD SUCKS
Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Feb 6th, 2006, 01:42 PM       
I'd read a poem about dead kittens.
Mocker
Dole is probably a spambot
Old Feb 6th, 2006, 01:47 PM       
haha, fucking amazing. Poetry!!
Old Feb 6th, 2006, 04:32 PM       
Oh, what a night! (1), When I go clubbing, I sure like it.

a Bass line always makes me want to move in time to it with my body.

In shimmying I attain a state of grace so closer to God that Jesus would be jealous.

I am Terpsichore, the Muse of Dance, (5)
And for a moment I'm as bad as I wanna be.(6) I am SO in the moment.

I'm dancin' so hard it doesn't matter I'm a fuck up and I always will be.

And in this last line, I make some leap from my own feelings about being drunk and dancing to universal feelings felt by everyone of being drunk and dancing

1.) This is a reference to the song "Ladies night" by Kool &the Gang.

5.) Terpsichore is the Muse of Dance.

6.) Didn't Dennis Rodman write a book that had "As bad as I wanna Be" in the title? Anyway, I like tattoos and most of the people I hang with have them.
The Wrong Melon Farmer

Sacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 6th, 2006, 04:39 PM       
(1) "Too fast to live, too young to die" is a popular patch amongst punk rockers in Asia. It means: "(I am/you are)too fast to live, too young to die (because you are young and quick, and you are a punk rocker for life)."

Dude what?
Mocker
Old Feb 6th, 2006, 04:50 PM       
Poetry with footnotes will be the "next big thing."
BANNED

Old Feb 6th, 2006, 04:55 PM       

Everytime I read this thread I laugh. Seriously.

-=[PUNK RAWK 4 LIFE]=- NEVAH 4geT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love reading how hard he tries to convince us how punk rock he is. Maybe he feels being punk rock makes what he says more valid because it's coming from such a cool punk rock guy and everybody knows punk rockers are INDIVIDUALS and INTELLECTUALS who fight with their wits and cynicism.

YOU DRESS/LOOK/ACT MORE LIKE A FAGGOT MRETROSEXUAL THAN A PUNK ROCKER. I bet you are the lowest etch on your social totem pole.

This is seriously so hilarious to me I just can't get my thoughts around all the absurdities to compile anything coherent.
Mocker
Old Feb 6th, 2006, 05:13 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by mburbank
I am Terpsichore, the Muse of Dance, (5)

5.) Terpsichore is the Muse of Dance.

Old Feb 6th, 2006, 05:47 PM       
Haha, I liked my poetry and I think the notes were necessary to explain it.

I have no shame, and I am not the lowest on any social totem pole, and I am not trying to impress you, but trying to express myself.

I will write more poetry in the future that is philosophical to help express my ideas to you, and because poetry is a romantic assimilation and gathering of your great ideas and thoughts.

Also, I just got banned from a conservative forum. This is ridiculous!
Old Feb 6th, 2006, 05:56 PM       
Having some shame is not an entirely bad thing. (1)

1.) Sometimes if a person does something shameful and then they are ashamed of it it's not the wrong thing to have done in the situation. Shame can be an assimilation and gathering of your public assininity.
BANNED

Old Feb 6th, 2006, 06:31 PM       
A heart-felt note by anonymous:

The notes were necessary to explain it? What the fuck does that mean? You left retarded notes, I almost thought they were jokes. I don't care about any of that information. Even if I did, poetry loses alot of it's meaning or thoughtfulness(or whatever other bullshit you want to attach to it) when you deliver it with an explaination. Especially when it's about stupid things like Asian Punk Rock sayings(PUNK PRIDE) or how Bacchus just loved life or about your stupid friends. How did your "friends"(or should I say, 'influential punk rockers' who are too stupid to get into college. You need what they received; an ego check) feel about your poetry?
It's all supposed to be self-contained. When was the last time you listened to poets deliver foot-notes while they read their work? Hey, uh, stupid guy, I'm going to explain my stupid poetry to you with a stupid explaination-- then I'll act smug.

Are these the kinds of "Great thoughts" you have? Inspiration by people dumb enough to over-dose?
Honestly, your poetry is so retarded and imagined it makes me want to puke, it makes me think you only ploy at being meaningful and thoughtful for attention.

If you didn't put so much thought in time into who you pretend you are, I'd think you were a character. Not that you aren't a character.

P.S. All this from the heart shit you notion is half-assed. Do you have the heart of a donkey? Are you trying to tell us that one of your parents was a Donkey, and the other some kind of animal fucker? Don't you even have shame about that?