Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Feb 12th, 2008, 12:28 PM       
Doom 3 I thought was really scary, but it wasn't a great game. And I actually got in the practice of turning around to shoot behind me every time I opened a door, and would usually hit something.

Alive is probably a spambot
Old Feb 12th, 2008, 01:09 PM       
Probably the hardest sell that id faced with doom3 was to the die hard doom fans of the originals. sure the game faced competition but it wasnt like carmack could turn the clock back to '93 and re-create the explosion. 3d graphics and fps style game play had allready been brought to the table long ago, and though the originals were nothing more than fuzzy pixels there wasnt any place left they could have gone with it.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Feb 12th, 2008, 02:41 PM       
So after thinking about this for a while I've decided that Silent Hill 2 is the Jim Morrison of videogames

by which I mean it sucks

Another game that got a lot of undeserved praise was Viewtiful Joe.

Fuck that game.
Feel the guilt
Fat_Hippo is probably a spambot
Old Feb 12th, 2008, 03:03 PM       
Hey, what do you have against Jim Morrison? Sure, he was a freak, but his singing kicked ass. Maybe you just don't like The Doors, but even my great-grandmother, who hated rock music, thought Jim Morrison could sing well.

And I agree with you about doom 3. The fights really were boring and it wasn't scary. The only thing I liked was the ridiculously overdone violence, which I thought was just plain funny.

But what I really hated in Doom 3 was what they did to the shotgun: Once the standard bread-and-butter gun of doom, it wasn't turned into a piece of crap. The game plays several decades (or even further) in the future and people haven't designed a better shotgun than that? We have better shotguns NOW for fuck's sake! Once a weapon of pride and dignity, it was degraded into a suckfest! It makes me sick! And the sound of it got on my nerves after a while too.
He speaks truth!
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Feb 12th, 2008, 03:04 PM       
What I mean is that SH2 and the Doors are both incredibly stupid and boring and yield nothing but mastrubatory bullshit
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Feb 12th, 2008, 03:19 PM       
I'm sure that I'm in the minority here, but I just don't find Super Mario Galaxy all too interesting, and certainly not deserving of the "#1 Game Of All Time" position that it quickly jumped to on many gaming site/publication lists. Hell, I've found Super Paper Mario to be far more interesting and creative of a game, and that's even after sitting through the absurdly long intro story text that you just...can't...skip.

Oh and I second the "Guitar Hero" mention... definitely.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Feb 12th, 2008, 03:40 PM       
I agree with your #1, Codiekitty.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Feb 12th, 2008, 04:05 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Woman View Post
So after thinking about this for a while I've decided that Silent Hill 2 is the Jim Morrison of videogames

by which I mean it sucks
Ugh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mockery View Post
I'm sure that I'm in the minority here, but I just don't find Super Mario Galaxy all too interesting, and certainly not deserving of the "#1 Game Of All Time" position that it quickly jumped to on many gaming site/publication lists. Hell, I've found Super Paper Mario to be far more interesting and creative of a game, and that's even after sitting through the absurdly long intro story text that you just...can't...skip.
I agree. I started it and got about 24 stars over the course of about 3-4 times sitting down and playing for a bit and it's just not as good as all the hype would have you believe. It really is similar to super mario 64, but that was a far superior game.

That was very funny. Well done.
Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 12th, 2008, 04:11 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codiekitty View Post
Animal Crossing - Does anyone else remember that episode of The Simpsons where Marge wanted Bart and Lisa to do some lawn work and they refuse, then when the fair comes to town the first thing they do is get on the VR Gardening Simulator and call it the most fun they ever had? That's the feeling I get whenever I hear anyone talk about this game
I like that game because all the flowers I plant in real life die without blooming, & I try so hard.
Feel the guilt
Old Feb 12th, 2008, 05:03 PM       
Hey, animal crossing was fun: you could chase people with an axe and they'd run away from you, just like in real life!

And to GW's opinion of The Doors: Well, I never analyzed the texts, but the music kicks ass, so up yours.
He speaks truth!
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Feb 12th, 2008, 05:07 PM       
I don't understand Animal Crossing's appeal. I rented it once and after playing for about 15 minutes I ran out of stuff to do. Then I went onto GameFAQs and was told to "go collect seashells and bugs".

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Feb 12th, 2008, 05:08 PM       
I've been saying this about Galaxy for a while, I only finished it to get it out of the way.

Sunshine was waaaaaaaay better, IMO.
Feel the guilt
Old Feb 12th, 2008, 05:12 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esuohlim View Post
I don't understand Animal Crossing's appeal. I rented it once and after playing for about 15 minutes I ran out of stuff to do. Then I went onto GameFAQs and was told to "go collect seashells and bugs".
Collect seashells and bugs? Man, I was way to busy trying to be a mass murderer(though I don't think you can actually kill anyone)! Granted, once you get tired of that, I don't know what you would do. But just look at them run, heheh.
He speaks truth!
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Feb 12th, 2008, 05:13 PM       
Also, I might just be playing a really bad port, and it might be one of those WELL IT WAS AWESOME IF YOU WERE A KID AT THE TIME games like Conker's Bad Fur Day, but I'd like to nominate Splatterhouse.
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Feb 12th, 2008, 05:23 PM       
You know what game gets more praise than it has ever deserved, ever

Kingdom Hearts

People go on about how fun the combat is, but all it is is mashing the square button and occasionally rolling. I thought it would get more fun when I got some more abilities but no, I ended up flying around space in my Tonka Tough spaceship.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Feb 12th, 2008, 05:32 PM       
Oh, fuck, Tekken.

Every single one of them.
Feel the guilt
Old Feb 12th, 2008, 05:46 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Woman View Post
Oh, fuck, Tekken.

Every single one of them.
I could never get into any fighting games aside from Super Smash Bros. anyway, and Tekken was no exception. I just got my ass handed to me every single time.

Oh, the Tomb Raider games. How much fun are the same old box shoving and cliff jumping quests anyway? The fights suck too.
He speaks truth!
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Feb 12th, 2008, 06:00 PM       
i dig tekken but that's because it's good for people who can't memorize eighteen different keypresses to do a combo
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 12th, 2008, 07:55 PM       
Boo on anyone who rags on Tekken 3. Back in the dog says of high school summers past, my friends and I used to get and I would see how many matches in a row I could win with Eddie Gordo. My record was 18. I had bought the strategy guide and memorized all of his cheap combos.

It's my favorite PSone game.
Official forum judge
Girl Drink Drunk is probably a spambot
Old Feb 12th, 2008, 09:10 PM       
The first two were way overrated (in fact, the first was godawful in my book), but Tekken 3 and Tag Tournament were fucking sweet.
Space Viking Repo Man
Zbu Manowar is probably a spambot
Old Feb 13th, 2008, 02:04 PM       
I dug Tekken 3 and Tag Tournament. Nothing was better than unlocking the hidden characters and then going off to play that volleyball game. Good times.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Feb 13th, 2008, 04:25 PM       
Yeah, I loved tekken 3. Tekken 2 was alright too, but 3 was just great. Spent one friend's birthday staying up all night and unlocking everyone :O. Being 12 was fun.

That was very funny. Well done.
Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old Feb 13th, 2008, 08:32 PM       
Guitar Hero, DDR, and *gasp* WoW.

I kind of think Halo 3 is overrated too.
Title
Jeff The Ninja is probably a spambot
Old Feb 13th, 2008, 08:37 PM       
Final Fantasy VIII - Because the Main character was boring and shitty (Siefer should have been the main character btw, would have made the game intresting and not as stupid)

Killzone Liberation-If fucking sucks

Bionic Commando-Worse than Killzone

Eternal Champions (not the Sega CD one, the genesis one)-Slow sloppy controls and cheap enemies who can spam specials even when their metre is gone.

Halo 2+3-the only people i know who play this game are idiotic 14-17 year olds who watch inuyasha and naruto.

Dragonball Z budokai-Oh joy, just 1478 more hours of play and then i can unlock super saiyan 3 for Goku. Then the game will get fun. Wheres my Great Saiyaman Superhero beat em up damnit.

Mortal Kombat 3/Ultimate/Trilogy- PURE SHIT.

Final Fantasy X,X-2,XI,XII and likely XIII-Just stop making them already.You reached your peak with VI, so just stop.

Any Godzilla game - JUST LET ME SMASH SHIT. Or give it Controls like a mix of Firepro and Streetfighter. And where the fuck is Gamera, the giant, flying, fire-breathing sea turtle powered by the happyness of japanese children.

Counterstrike - Counterstrike is a unforgivable piece of shit, a decrepid stain on the internet. The game is the biggest piece of shit i have ever had the displeasure of playing. Is it even safe to call it a game when all the game is just one big chatroom full of campers, assholes and elitest fuckwads. Sure, CS may have been fun if you have been playing it since 1999, but its 2007, there are better games, and there were better games before CS (Unreal Tournament). Counterstrike is fucking retarded.

World of Warcraft - YAY, i killed a boar for 10 gold!!!!

i got more, but i cant think of them right now.

Founder of the E.P.O.A.E.P.I.C.A.P.H.W.H. Looking for Recruits

XBL Gamertag: KING HATESTAR
Almighty Samfucius
Samfucius is probably a spambot
Old Feb 13th, 2008, 08:45 PM       
I love how passionate people get over (almost) meaningless crap like this.

But just to add to the joy, here's another one of my personal most overrated game series of all time:

Grand Theft Auto

Its just not that interesting.