Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Art
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Mar 22nd, 2011, 06:04 PM       
Rappatouille
The Wrong Melon Farmer

Sacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 24th, 2011, 06:16 PM       
aint nobody

All Hail Duke is probably a spambot
Old Mar 24th, 2011, 06:30 PM       
nice
The Wrong Melon Farmer

Sacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 31st, 2011, 06:43 PM       

Portrait of a Friend.
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 31st, 2011, 06:52 PM       
Looks like you got to know her fairly intimately.
The Wrong Melon Farmer

Old Apr 14th, 2011, 12:46 PM       

Flyer doodle.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Apr 20th, 2011, 11:08 PM       
I like the rat's ear.
The Wrong Melon Farmer

Old Apr 30th, 2011, 11:33 PM       
Just got some 3 dollar watercolors.

The Wrong Melon Farmer

Old May 1st, 2011, 11:59 PM       
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old May 2nd, 2011, 01:22 PM       
Are you able to make a living from your art? I feel that you should be able to.
The Wrong Melon Farmer

Old May 2nd, 2011, 02:36 PM       
That is the goal but I'm still trying to figure out how to get started with that.

I sold one piece of art for 2 dollars to a kid in 9th grade. It was a doodle of a goth girl that he thought was really hot. I've done some stuff for local bands but they usually forget to pay me and I don't really want to make a big deal of it because my art is getting out there and we're friends. One time someone approached me to collaborate with some stuff on here but when we were working it out a bunch of stupid crap happened IRL, everything sort of fell apart on my end, and I'd spent so much time feeling sorry for myself on the couch watching Major Dad that I was too embarrassed to try to respond again. (NO MORE SECRETS, GUS. )

I'm trying to figure out screen printing so I can print my own stupid stuff to sell online along with printing shirts for local bands and whatever. I've got a lot of ideas but I suck at getting things off the ground I guess.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old May 2nd, 2011, 03:09 PM       
Have you considered working for a corporation?
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old May 2nd, 2011, 03:16 PM       
Ha, I figured it was something like that. If I hadn't suddenly found out that I was fucking COMPLETELY INELIGIBLE for a Cal Grant and therefore had to pay my own goddamn tuition by working forty-fifty hours a week on top of school, I would have bugged the hell out of you... so it all worked out beautiful, in a fucked up way. Which is appropriate.

However, while the subject is brought up, there is no summer school at LCAD so I'm going ahead and starting a gag-a-day webcomic this summer. I have fifty of them written, who knows how many I'll have time to finish before next term ANYWAY, barring a financial disaster, some time in the next year I'm going to get the site up. If you have a personal project or something, and have a large number of pages COMPLETED by the time I get this online-artist colony thing up, I'd love to have you contribute a regular strip for it
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old May 2nd, 2011, 03:23 PM       
Corporations suck. I managed to land several commissions for fifty dollars an hour for an international medical supplies company calleBLAHBALABHLABLABLABLAHngineering and marketing department loved it, I was told I could count on a "Full working relationship with them"... and suddenly the person I was dealing with bailed on the company without letting me know, and the new project director decided that the last fucking thing in the world they needed to be doing was paying some random 22 year old fifty dollars an hour to do hand drawn work

Last edited by Grislygus : May 2nd, 2011 at 03:26 PM. Reason: wait. bad idea
Ancient Mariner
Old May 2nd, 2011, 03:25 PM       
Bands suck worse, though. They're all lazy and don't want to spend any money, and don't seem to realize that bands are a dime a dozen, while people who can turn out professional looking work for them WHILE DEIGNING TO EVEN DO SO, because they enjoy the work, are rare :bitchfest
The Wrong Melon Farmer

Old May 2nd, 2011, 03:49 PM       
When I got out of high school and I was trying to figure out what was up with life I got an offer to do illustration work with Halliburton. I had never taken an art course or anything so it was pretty intimidating. I wound up not taking the job because I wanted to do the whole college thing and if I'd gotten the boot from Halliburton I would have been sitting on my ass without any degrees or anything. I used to regret it but in the end I know I probably would have been unhappy there.

As for Gus' website. I've got a whole lot of shit I want to do and some weird strip ideas (Rob Saves His Dad, Future Ass Nigga Lutron, a reboot of my old webcomic, Dad 'n Me, and weird/creepy thing called Carl and Ross Fall In Love.) This summer I hope to near completion on some of the children's books I've been getting together.

I really just need to start getting out there, I guess.
Ancient Mariner
Old May 2nd, 2011, 04:08 PM       
Well, lemme see. I've done all the graphics for the site already... let me pm you the greeter image, see if you're interested.

Like I told you a while ago, the idea is this sort of online artists colony for artists who want to get their name out there by submitting weekly content, preferably a webcomic or something involving a story and GOOD art. Do good work in order to get people into the site, get people into the site in order to promote yourself and everyone. I haven't found very many fellow artists my age IRL that are all that interesting, and if they are they're fucking flakes and I don't think they'll ever meet a deadline. I've been pretty interested in the Nigga Ass Lulzatron thing since you first showed it... send me some samples of what the other ideas are, if you are interested
The Wrong Melon Farmer

Old May 2nd, 2011, 04:39 PM       
I'll start working on some more strips and post them here as I get them done. School is out this week so it's no holds barred.
The Wrong Melon Farmer

Old May 2nd, 2011, 07:39 PM       
aint nobody

All Hail Duke is probably a spambot
Old May 2nd, 2011, 08:12 PM       
good stuff
The Wrong Melon Farmer

Old May 2nd, 2011, 08:56 PM       

This is the most action this thread has ever seen.
Superior Electric Sheep
replicant is probably a spambot
Old May 14th, 2011, 07:33 PM       
That makes me think of Hunter S. Thompson.
The Wrong Melon Farmer

Old Jun 19th, 2011, 03:34 AM       
I haven't posted in a while so here is some random stuff that is already on flickr that I haven't posted.

Flyer for a show coming up:

Here is the board for a drinking game I made. I'll try to get a better picture before the board is destroyed.

SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jun 25th, 2011, 05:29 PM       
It looks like a drinking game version of Keys to the Kingdom. I think you art is badass and wish I remembered to check this thread more often. My work blocks all photos so it normally just shows up as blank pages.
The Wrong Melon Farmer

Old Jun 25th, 2011, 11:52 PM       
Nice one. It's got some influences from Keys to the Kingdom and Talisman and then a bunch of shit I just made up to make it more simple/I didn't want to get into a lot of weird math shit because everyone is going to be drunk.