Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Mocker

Helm is probably a spambot
Old May 6th, 2003, 08:56 AM       
Love is a social construct, partly the rationalization of lust. Lust is the animalistic drive instilled in all animals, so as to mate. Therefore, we're using the only thing that seperates us from animals, logic, as an excuse to indulge in our instinctual urges. Instinct has a distinct main purpose, the continued existance of species, as well as a number of secondary functions that serve this end, like the need of dominance, or the inherent need of protection of oneself, and of his bloodline. Basic emotions are what it uses as tools to steer us towards these goals, thus when one does not mate, he is going to grow depressed. Furthermore, the cultural context of such a man, is no less instinctually-shaped, and will mark this man doing for not achieving his primordial purpose, in a number or ways. When a man mates, endorphin rushes to the brain, telling him that all is well, and he's doing his part. The hold instinct has on the human mind is amazing. Furthermore, every time one indulges in instinctual desire, be it 'positive' (mating) or negative (removing threatening factors, like people when in need) he is essentially making the instinctual grip over him stronger. We're basically selling our freedom for orgasms, because it feels good.

So Jamesman, my advice is: forget about sex. Channel your energy into something that you don't just 'feel' is good, but rather can be quantified as being important in a non-instictual manner, like artistic creation. Emotion is deceptive. Be more critical of your urges, and indulge in them with care, if at all. Do not act upon emotion lightly. Be aware that when you do, you're little less than an animal, and like an animal you're on a short leash, furthering goals that are not really yours.

And yeah, I'm silly for taking things too seriously, I'm aware.