Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Miscellaneous Forums > Questions, Suggestions, and Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Nov 19th, 2007, 12:34 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Gularis View Post
Thanks for clarifying that 'people who have been around for years' don't have to follow them. I get how things work now.
Sassiness aside, you also can't play internet referee with every rule. The people who have been here for years do get preferential treatment, yes. That's the way any intelligent establishment operates. You may even find that your local McDonalds operates on the same principle!

Quote:
He is the one who showed up in my PM box which was the last straw for me and it sounds like you might take that somewhat seriously.
Post the PMs from both sides. I find it curious that you keep alluding to these PMs but won't show any examples.

Quote:
I really don't consider an 'Ignore List' to be a substitute for responsible moderation. The 'ignore list' is pretty much putting one's head in the sand, you can't watch your back like that.
Think about what you're actually saying here. If you can't hear him, why would you care? Would you care because other people on the forum can still hear him? Do you think if we were to ban him that no one would ever hear his opinion of you? And again, why do you care? Why should I care that you care? This sounds way more like your problem than mine or anyone else's.

You have the means by which to solve this problem yourself, you just want internet justice to be served. I think that's more immature than anything Guitar Woman has done in your thread (though probably not during the entirety of his tenure).

Quote:
You say you don't want to see new people leave- sorry, I am so not very convinced! I've seen several come and go in the short month+ I've been here- always after Guitar Woman or his posse called them various combinations of 'stupid, ugly,faggot, awful, fucked up', etc. These attacks are unwarranted and unfunny. Obviously they can't get the difference between a humorous and tasteful mock and just plain mean shit-talk.
I agree to an extent. At the same time, we've always been a self-filtering community, and I don't think we should abandon that entirely either.

Quote:
Thanks for telling me how things really are here Chojin, I do appreciate your candor. If I have further problems I'll be sure to let you know- somehow I don't foresee that happening.
It is impossible to sum up any forum's culture in a couple of paragraphs. This would be the reason that most people lurk before posting. Would you be upset if you went to France, only to find out that nobody spoke English? Would you alert the prime minister to deport your concierge? It does say right on the travel brochure that they're a friendly, fanciful people.

I'm really very curious as to how you feel things should be run instead. So far, I've deduced that we need to ban guitar woman and anyone else who doesn't use their indoor voice, because ignore features are for the birds.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Nov 19th, 2007, 12:47 AM       
So this got me to thinking - let's have an open brainstorming session for the new rules & guidelines to be used on the new boards. I'll go make the thread.
Seeker of Clams
Blue Gularis is probably a spambot
Old Nov 19th, 2007, 12:50 AM       
PS: Sorry I got Mockery's name wrong- I said "Imock". my bad.
Seeker of Clams
Old Nov 19th, 2007, 12:52 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin View Post
So this got me to thinking - let's have an open brainstorming session for the new rules & guidelines to be used on the new boards. I'll go make the thread.
Hey, thanks for the quick and interesting responses Chojin- I'd like to talk semi-live with you right now but I have to go stand on a ladder and paint the bedroom ceiling which is going to be a bitch- I will get back to this as soon as I can.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Nov 19th, 2007, 01:17 AM       
I wasn't revealing any MAGICAL TRAP CARD THAT DESTROYS YOUR MONSTER AND DEALS 500 DAMAGE TO YOUR LIFE POINTS, I was just saying that you were a mega idiot for sucking Chojin's dick out of the blue there and that I probably knew a little more about him than someone who just now signed up! Hope that clears everything up!
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Nov 19th, 2007, 02:52 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Gularis
You say you don't want to see new people leave- sorry, I am so not very convinced! I've seen several come and go in the short month+ I've been here- always after Guitar Woman or his posse called them various combinations of 'stupid, ugly,faggot, awful, fucked up', etc. These attacks are unwarranted and unfunny. Obviously they can't get the difference between a humorous and tasteful mock and just plain mean shit-talk.
I've long seen this as one of the biggest problems on these forums and it's one of the things I think we'll be policing much more once the new site is launched. You're far from the first person to tell me they're leaving the forums because they're tired of that kind of bullshit. I'm not saying people aren't going to mock each other on here, because it is I-Mockery and it's supposed to happen... but sometimes it's clear that a person is doing it to simply be mean instead of in jest. It's at this point that threads usually get derailed and because a preschool-level bitchfest between two people.

Also, everybody, please be sure to see Chojin's new thread about updating our Rules & Guidelines:
http://www.i-mockery.com/forum/showt...php?t=69698251
Seeker of Clams
Old Nov 23rd, 2007, 01:38 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mockery View Post
I've long seen this as one of the biggest problems on these forums and it's one of the things I think we'll be policing much more once the new site is launched. You're far from the first person to tell me they're leaving the forums because they're tired of that kind of bullshit. I'm not saying people aren't going to mock each other on here, because it is I-Mockery and it's supposed to happen... but sometimes it's clear that a person is doing it to simply be mean instead of in jest. It's at this point that threads usually get derailed and because a preschool-level bitchfest between two people.

Also, everybody, please be sure to see Chojin's new thread about updating our Rules & Guidelines:
http://www.i-mockery.com/forum/showt...php?t=69698251

-It looks like the cat's back, mice!

Thanks for posting Mockery,

I happen to have a low bullshit tolerance and so I fought back. You are right on the money with "simply be mean instead of in jest", that's exactly what I'm talking about. Mocking yes, preferably utilizing a sense of humor; but being told I am an awful stupid retarded fag, etc, etc, etc for mixing Hong Kong Fooey and Iron Fist in a photoshopping forum was more than I was going to take. You can call it 'justice' you can call it macaroni for all I care, it just pissed me off enough to do something about it instead of simply leaving like most people who get that treatment do.

I think my question has been answered satisfactorily, if anyone wants to read my PMs they can PM me and I'll send them, truth is I'm tired of this shit anyway. The point was to get someone who cares about how their forum is being hijacked by ass-holes to take a good look- mission accomplished. Now I will do something positive and post on the improvement discussion.
Let's play Hardball!
Seven Force is probably a spambot
Old Nov 23rd, 2007, 01:49 AM       
didnt read thread, gw sucks ass
Seeker of Clams
Old Nov 23rd, 2007, 04:06 AM       
Ah Hell,

I was tired from partying too hard and didn't want to mess with it much earlier but now if I don't post the PMs they'll make a big deal out of me having something to hide or some shit (why do I care? I'll be damned if I know) so here they are in all their glory, I'm assuming I have moderator permission since Chojin asked to see them:

GW: Nov 14th, 2007, 02:27 PM CONCERNING YOUR ALLEGATIONS
Chojin's one of my best buddies on this site, I think I know him a little better than you do. Just saying.
BG: Nov 14th, 2007, 02:47 PM Re: CONCERNING YOUR ALLEGATIONS
He would definitely make a good role model for you.
If you are so close why not invite him to enjoy our little fracas? It looks like you could use some real help.
One thing to remember Guitar Woman- You were the one to come in where we were having some innocent fun and start spouting invective. I'm just saying.

GW: Nov 15th, 2007, 02:46 AM Re: CONCERNING YOUR ALLEGATIONS
Sorry, he doesn't enjoy associating himself with shit.
BLUE GULARIS REPLY PREDICTION:
LOL WHY DOES HE HANG OUT WITH YOU THEN GOOD JOB GUYS HAHAHA

BG: Nov 15th, 2007, 10:08 AM CONCERNING YOUR CLAIMS OF BUDDY-HOOD
Hey Guitar Woman,
To be honest I'm not even going to bother with further witty repartee for you. It was fun making you squirm and cry, I've shown everyone I can do it and now what little (very little) interest I had in pulling your wings off has run its course.
That said, I shall extend you a small challenge- if you can get Chojin to PM me and tell me that he is indeed your buddy (I want to hear the word 'buddy', not something like 'tolerate') I will grant you a teeny tiny bit more respect- otherwise I don't believe a word of it.
I'm looking forward to hearing from Chojin, and really, some serious advice for you: try to be more like him and less of a whiny little bitch.
Good luck!

GW: Nov 15th, 2007, 12:21 PM Re: CONCERNING YOUR CLAIMS OF BUDDY-HOOD
What the fuck makes you think I'd do that? So I can go "TOLD YOU SO LOLOLOL"? I'm not stooping to your level, you horrid shit.

GW (again): Nov 15th, 2007, 01:06 PM Re: CONCERNING YOUR CLAIMS OF BUDDY-HOOD
by the way I look forward to your moving statements about how I need to MAN UP and that I cannot prove a fucking thing about me and Chojin
although if you read any threads other than your retarded circle jerk you'd probably be able to tell by the way we talk to each other

BG:Nov 15th, 2007, 04:43 PM Re: CONCERNING YOUR CLAIMS OF BUDDY-HOOD
That's pretty much what I thought. So your 'buddy' Chojin isn't going to PM me... now THAT is funny shit! Priceless.
I was really trying to help you because you truly are pathetic.
You are by definition"a horrid little shit" who goes around talking smack about everybody and everything but where the hell is something YOU have created? There isn't anything, because you are incapable of it. You are a sad little consumer, and a shit talking schmuck. I've never seen anyone else as awful as you are- thank God!
Get fucked,
Sincerely,
Blue
PS: I'm done talking to you- write back with more verbal excrement if you like, it goes right in the trash where it belongs.

-
By the way I was OK when I went to France and no one spoke English, but was annoyed by the preponderance of pompous asses who thought they were better than everyone else because they had been there longer.

Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Nov 23rd, 2007, 01:15 PM       
I'MA GUNNA GO BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWLING TONIGHT

AND PARTY HARD
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Nov 23rd, 2007, 04:08 PM       
Guys I just had to post in this thread because I was partying so hard I mean goddamn I was really partying but i just had to check on this thread no matter how hard i partied I couldn't stop thinking about this thread I mean why should I care about electronic data on some internet website I mean why I'll be damned if I ever know but anyways I was partying so hard you should have seen it I mean I had to party because I was a victim of internet bullying and I had to drive my little babymobile around Saint Babysburg I was totally drunk driving it too because I party so hard hahahaha I like clam dip cartoon amalagrasms oh hoh ohoh how wacky and random please accept me I like to party
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Nov 23rd, 2007, 04:49 PM       
Creepy Old Fart
JediScum is probably a spambot
Old Nov 23rd, 2007, 06:31 PM       
I don't believe this shit's STILL going on. A couple people made some retarded pictures. Someone commented. The creators responded to the hecklers. I thought it was fun until we were reduced to making comments about GODDAMN TYPOS!!! TYPOS MAN!!!!

I'm on nobody's side anymore. I'll still post one more amalgam. I have an idea i'm working on. And it's fucking horrible.

Blue, I hate to say it but while Guitar Woman was shitty about her comments, you're becoming about as bad with not LETTING THIS GO! I post my retarded shit and if someone likes it, fine. If they don't , fine. Hell, I whupped out "Computa-dora" unfinished because, even though it made me laugh, I knew it was so goddamn horrible it would be like throwing water on a grease-fire. I don't think that particular cartoon really did much, though.

You keep posting the Ine Farts, I will too. But have some goddamn grace.
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Nov 23rd, 2007, 06:51 PM       
I can't understand why people get so upset because someone said some nasty words to them.
was never good
Old Nov 23rd, 2007, 07:18 PM       
words are like bullets
Ancient Mariner
Old Nov 24th, 2007, 05:42 AM       
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Nov 24th, 2007, 11:17 AM       
um what
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Nov 24th, 2007, 07:02 PM       
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 25th, 2007, 08:56 PM       
see, i liked that.
Let's play Hardball!
Old Nov 25th, 2007, 09:28 PM       
Thanks for letting us know.
Forum Virgin
HungryWantBiddy is probably a spambot
Old Nov 26th, 2007, 10:42 AM       
good shit, gus.
Official forum judge
Girl Drink Drunk is probably a spambot
Old Nov 28th, 2007, 11:35 AM       
Hey man, I know where you are coming from. Sometimes I fly off the handle and get into some arguement when other members are talking shit to me, but yeah, you gotta let it go. You'll just end up making a fool of yourself argueing over small shit like that. It's not really worth the time and effort. Also, it's pretty sad when you are being heckled by Guitar Woman. You can be better than him, trust me
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Nov 28th, 2007, 02:54 PM       
I think we need an :irony emoticon because this is fucking getting out of hand
Eyelobe is probably a spambot
Old Nov 28th, 2007, 11:35 PM       
Holy shit...this is still being discussed? Crazy.
Let's play Hardball!
Old Nov 29th, 2007, 04:56 PM       
That's right, we take the forums VERY seriously here, not like if we were in some backwards third-world hellhole like Canada