Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

The Wrong Melon Farmer

Sacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 29th, 2006, 10:21 PM        CNN Gets Last Laugh On Hussein Execution
Unmedicated genius
Courage the Cowardly Dog is probably a spambot
Old Dec 29th, 2006, 11:11 PM       
i find it a very happy event :D
Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Dec 30th, 2006, 12:29 AM       
I thought he was going to be executed publicly
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Dec 30th, 2006, 02:26 AM       
HE;S NOT DEAD, NEO-CONS. :GEGGY
ranxer is probably a spambot
Old Dec 30th, 2006, 10:20 AM       
its a huge blunder.
i find it hard to believe that it wasn't ordered by the bush admin, why would Iraqi's execute anyone on a holy day?
the violent reaction is predictable. part of a planned blunder? deliberate escallation is criminal. sad day especially cause of all the folks that wanted to see the full run of trials waiting for saddam. what a mess.
=======

Preechr is probably a spambot
Old Dec 30th, 2006, 10:57 AM       
If he were tired for everything he'd ever done wrong, he'd die of old age in court. What, 148 murders isn't enough? There will be commissions established to determine the complete depths of his depravity in the future, but for every protester there are ten families celebrating the justice of his execution. Hell, Sadr City is one big party. You really think they believe this is an American event? As for the timing, tomorrow is the holy day. A day of prayer offers time to reflect on the significance of this event for the future of Iraq and deters violent protests. Blunder Hell.

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!
Mocker
zeldasbiggestfan suckszeldasbiggestfan sucks
Old Dec 30th, 2006, 12:23 PM       
Hangings are illegeal here now. So we send him back to Iraq and he was hanged. Sounds kind of like it was set up but Im sure Im wrong.
The Wrong Melon Farmer

Sacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 30th, 2006, 12:31 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeldasbiggestfan
Hangings are illegeal here now. So we send him back to Iraq and he was hanged. Sounds kind of like it was set up but Im sure Im wrong.
I THINK YOU ARE ON TO SOMETHING!
Mocker

Abcdxxxx is probably a spambot
Old Dec 30th, 2006, 02:12 PM       
Saddam used to broadcast public hangings on iraqi television. The difference in this case is he got a trial of some sort first. Also, he was executed in anticipation of beating the start of their holiday, purposely.

The only thing that makes this such a shame is that he was looking so damn dapper towards the end.
What Video Games?
Angryhydralisk is probably a spambot
Old Dec 30th, 2006, 02:24 PM       
Good to know he is a goner. Here's what I think is a suitable tribute for him...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=aZlS_MAVpCs

because it's the first thing I thought of when I heard he was dead!

j/k fuck them
Unmedicated genius
Courage the Cowardly Dog is probably a spambot
Old Dec 30th, 2006, 03:38 PM       
Don;t you love the Iraqi justice system? 30 days after the sentence is handed down it's carried out. I wish we could do that in America.

I don't recall this many people bitching and talking about Bush when Saddam was killing people by the thousands women children etc.

THIS ISN'T ABOUT THE WAR! It's about justice for the crimes against humanity. You have to be a moron not to recognize he is guilty of those.

The Iraqi stations are airing the full video of the hanging so it'll be on youtube soon. God bless Iraq.
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 30th, 2006, 05:57 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeldasbiggestfan
uh, he never left Iraq, moron.

and since when were hangings illegal in the U.S.?

and what the hell makes you think that we would bring Hussein here anyway?

fucking idiot.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Dec 30th, 2006, 05:59 PM       
i dont think they are necessarily illegal but they are considered "Barbaric" and inhumane-- compared to electricuting or poisoning a person to death
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Dec 30th, 2006, 06:47 PM       
Hangings are considered "cruel and unusual punishment" I believe. OK, not so much unusual, but I can see the cruel part.
The Wrong Melon Farmer

Old Dec 30th, 2006, 06:50 PM       
I just saw the video...

Does anyone else think this is shady as hell?
Mocker
Old Dec 30th, 2006, 07:01 PM       
I thought it was illegal. My fucking mistake. Damn.
Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Sethomas is probably a spambot
Old Dec 30th, 2006, 07:07 PM       
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED, AM I RIGHT??

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Dec 30th, 2006, 07:58 PM       
i think it's considered cruel because there's a chance the neck might not snap and that would suck
Personally i think the electric chair is much worse but maybe just because of that scene from the Green Mile.

Why don't they just inject air ito the blood stream or something is what i wonder. Is that painless and quick?
Mocker

Abcdxxxx is probably a spambot
Old Dec 30th, 2006, 07:59 PM       
He was an oppressive mass murderer executed at the hands of his fellow Arabs in a land where people get their heads cut off for no good reason. What's the problem with that?

Killing him was more humane then making him answer for all his crimes.

FREE TOOKIE!
Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Dec 30th, 2006, 08:54 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn
i think it's considered cruel because there's a chance the neck might not snap and that would suck
Personally i think the electric chair is much worse but maybe just because of that scene from the Green Mile.

Why don't they just inject air ito the blood stream or something is what i wonder. Is that painless and quick?
How about a quick shot to the head?
Mocker
Old Dec 30th, 2006, 10:29 PM       
Damn why dont they do that?
BANNED

Old Dec 30th, 2006, 10:45 PM       
"How about a quick shot to the head?"

It's bloody and people are vaginas. Vaginas fear blood!

personally i agree though I think it's more practical to just shoot people in the face. Even a beheading isn't really that bad.. it's just bloody, messy and people don't like to see/hear about the insides of bodies.

ps technically air in the veins is a shot to the head :O:O:O:O:O
Mocker
Old Dec 31st, 2006, 02:53 AM       
Your still alive for 2 seconds after your head is cut off so thats not really too plesant. And you can still blink and try to talk for like 10 minutes until your head finally dies.
Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Sethomas is probably a spambot
Old Dec 31st, 2006, 02:54 AM       
Lethal injection has three shots, the first two being non-lethal with the first being a strong sedative. That's why it's considered to be the most humane form, despite numerous fuckups in the past. The only way you could have executions be non-cruel and unusual would be to kill them in their sleep before they expect it, but that would draw religious implications of having an opportunity to seek redemption. Conventional Christian theology dictates that it's a grave, grave sin to wish perdition upon someone, even mass-murdering maniacs, so a formal execution is necessary to give time for redemption.

So, I'm going to end it there and if someone makes a death penalty thread I'll continue there.

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT
LOL INTERNETS
Command Prompt is probably a spambot
Old Dec 31st, 2006, 03:38 AM       
I've been reading articles on this all day, but I'll spare my usual TL:DR with this comment, which sums it up nicely:

Um Abdullah, a Sunni and teacher in Tikrit, 80 miles north of Baghdad, said she would wear black to mourn the city's favorite son.

"Saddam will be a hero in our eyes," she said. "I have five kids and I will teach them to take revenge on Americans."

Mission Accomplished! Jeb Bush in 2008! Idiots.

PS - Washington and New Hampshire still retain hanging as an option for the death penalty. The last public hanging conducted in the United States was in Owensboro, Kentucky.

PSS - Lethal Injection is technically the second most inhumane option behind the gas chamber, as two of the three drugs used have been shown to be ineffective in the quantities they are used. The first drug injected is Sodium thiopental, which causes unconsciousness, and the second drug injected is Pancuronium which paralyzes the mucles. Unfortunatley the first one has been proven to wear off, causing the condemmed to be conscious while they die of asphyxiation from the muscle paralysis. The third drug is a lethal dose of potassium chloride which causes the heart to stop, but you are usually (painfully) dead by then, its a last measure. ]

PSSS- Texas since 1976 - 379 executed , 404 on death row, bringin' home the title! YeeHAW