Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old Dec 31st, 2006, 05:14 AM       
WHOO HOO NOW THAT SADDAM'S EXECUTION HAS COME TO A SWIFT END NO ONE WILL EVER KNOW ABOUT US'S CONNECTION TO SADDAM'S CRIMES AND THEIR INVOLVEMENT IN THE IRAQ-IRAN WAR!! WICKED DICTATOR OF THE EAST IS DEAD.
Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Dec 31st, 2006, 09:07 AM       
I'm pretty sure alot of that is recorded in history already.
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Dec 31st, 2006, 09:18 AM       
Quote:
I've been reading articles on this all day, but I'll spare my usual TL:DR with this comment, which sums it up nicely:

Um Abdullah, a Sunni and teacher in Tikrit, 80 miles north of Baghdad, said she would wear black to mourn the city's favorite son.

"Saddam will be a hero in our eyes," she said. "I have five kids and I will teach them to take revenge on Americans."

Mission Accomplished! Jeb Bush in 2008! Idiots.
One person's quote? Thats it?

Are you capable of actually adding to the conversation, or did you just have this overwhelming need to let us know how cool, and clever and anti-Bush you are?

Now that thats over with:

I'm still not a fan over the death penalty. Especially when it seems to be about retribution rather than what is best for society.

I do believe that Saddam had to die to show the Iraqi people that his era is finally over once and for all, but its not going to really deter the insurgents.

They don't seem to be concerned with him or Iraq. They are just making powerplays and trying to stick it to the US.
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Dec 31st, 2006, 01:22 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Command Prompt
I've been reading articles on this all day, but I'll spare my usual TL:DR with this comment, which sums it up nicely:

Um Abdullah, a Sunni and teacher in Tikrit, 80 miles north of Baghdad, said she would wear black to mourn the city's favorite son.

"Saddam will be a hero in our eyes," she said. "I have five kids and I will teach them to take revenge on Americans."
A SUNNI LIKED SADDAM!!? NO!!1!!!

Quote:
Mission Accomplished! Jeb Bush in 2008! Idiots
Yeah, that aint gonna happen, jackass.
LOL INTERNETS
Command Prompt is probably a spambot
Old Dec 31st, 2006, 04:18 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Blanco

One person's quote? Thats it?

Are you capable of actually adding to the conversation, or did you just have this overwhelming need to let us know how cool, and clever and anti-Bush you are?

Now that thats over with:
Yes, one comment, I believe I said I would only provide one, If you bothered to read the opening sentence.

No I wasn't trying to be cool, clever, and anti-bush, I was merely pointing out the fact that the seeds of hatred have already been planted for many future generations, and Saddams execution won't be remembered as a show of force, or the end of an era, it will turn him into a matyr and be one more reason to hate Iran and America.

"Now that thats over with" - no, its not over with. You dismissed my comments with one wave of your fat, dorito encrusted hand, smug in your own self satsifaction that you have yet again proven what an intellectual superhero you are on teh internets, but all you did was prove that you didn't even bother to read my comments in context.

Way to go, way to be the smart guy on a forum populated by 12 year olds. The forum of a website that thinks its wacky and cutting edge for making fun of shitty video games. Why don't you try to hold your weight on a real political forum?

Now, do us all a favour, and breathe, wait a little bit, maybe have some more chips, before you churn out your hack response.
Mocker
Old Dec 31st, 2006, 04:32 PM       
There was no context to mistake. Let me summarize it for you:

"I read some articles and have somethingto say! But me not say it, so me quote a Sunni with a quote me think is pertinent, but me too stupid to realize it not! me think stuff bad! stuff bad! bush bad, too!"

That was it.

Oh, and it's hysterical that you pulled out the "real political forum" cred, as if dialogue on other internet boards is so much more elevated and refined. Maybe you could do us all a favor and go share your musings with them.
LOL INTERNETS
Command Prompt is probably a spambot
Old Dec 31st, 2006, 04:47 PM       
You know, your the second one to accuse me of saying bush was bad, yet I never said that. I never said anything about bush, ever, in any one of my posts.

Thats kind of funny though, that any time a comment about someone hating America is somehow juxtaposed with being anti bush.

EDIT - for the record, me does not understand why Sunni comment is not pertinent. Me pretty sure that Sunnis at the very least are heavily in support of killing your troops, if not providing the majority of insurgents.
Mocker
Old Dec 31st, 2006, 05:21 PM       
Which is why whatever point you were making was moot. A Sunni mourns the death of Saddam, and you find this important because......

I guess we don't know why. Were the articles you read all day as incoherent as you are?

Maybe you could also explain what "Jeb Bush in 2008! Idiots" means. maybe it was really something nuanced that you came across....you know, in one of those articles.
Unmedicated genius
Courage the Cowardly Dog is probably a spambot
Old Dec 31st, 2006, 05:29 PM       
Iran and Al Jazeera are praising the countries decision. Is Al Jazeera Sunni or Shia? Well it's obvious why the Iranians are glad to have him gone. But the Iraqi people (most of them) have to be pleased that the hundreds of thousands he killed are finally avenged as the Koran commanded.

http://pandachute.com/videos/leaked_...ing_hung_video

his last words where an argument the translation is as follows

Gaurd :“You have destroyed us. You have killed us. You have made us live in destitution.â€
Saddam:“I have saved you from destitution and misery and destroyed your enemies, the Persian and Americans,â€

“God damn you,†the guard said.
“God damn you,†responded Saddam.

New video, first broadcast by Al-Jazeera satellite television early Sunday, had sound of someone in the group praising the founder of the Shiite Dawa Party, who was executed in 1980 along with his sister by Saddam.
Saddam appeared to smile at those taunting him from below the gallows. He said they were not showing manhood.
Then Saddam began reciting the “Shahada,†a Muslim prayer that says there is no god but God and Mohammad is his messenger,
derrida is probably a spambot
Old Dec 31st, 2006, 06:23 PM       
Quote:
Don;t you love the Iraqi justice system? 30 days after the sentence is handed down it's carried out. I wish we could do that in America.

I don't recall this many people bitching and talking about Bush when Saddam was killing people by the thousands women children etc.

THIS ISN'T ABOUT THE WAR! It's about justice for the crimes against humanity. You have to be a moron not to recognize he is guilty of those.

The Iraqi stations are airing the full video of the hanging so it'll be on youtube soon. God bless Iraq.
Hahaha you jackoff. I knew that all you wanted was a kangaroo court topped off with a spurt of political theater.

How the fuck can anyone be pleased with this? A truly just sentence would have forced the man to disclose the details of his entire career over the course of a long prison term prior to execution. Historians and prosecutors would then extract the resulting truths and use them to prosecute those who were complicit in playing ball with this murderous fuck.

But we've never been in the justice business.
Unmedicated genius
Old Dec 31st, 2006, 06:31 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by derrida
Quote:
Don;t you love the Iraqi justice system? 30 days after the sentence is handed down it's carried out. I wish we could do that in America.

I don't recall this many people bitching and talking about Bush when Saddam was killing people by the thousands women children etc.

THIS ISN'T ABOUT THE WAR! It's about justice for the crimes against humanity. You have to be a moron not to recognize he is guilty of those.

The Iraqi stations are airing the full video of the hanging so it'll be on youtube soon. God bless Iraq.
Hahaha you jackoff. I knew that all you wanted was a kangaroo court topped off with a spurt of political theater.

How the fuck can anyone be pleased with this? A truly just sentence would have forced the man to disclose the details of his entire career over the course of a long prison term prior to execution. Historians and prosecutors would then extract the resulting truths and use them to prosecute those who were complicit in playing ball with this murderous fuck.

But we've never been in the justice business.
Would be nice, but you gotta admire a swift Iraqi court. Besides most everyone else was just following his orders. If Bush goes to prison for Iraq would you prosecute the soldiers?
Old Dec 31st, 2006, 06:45 PM       
whats to admire about a swift trial? that they chose a single one of many, many offenses to actually convict the guy for? a trial is equally as important in the truth and closure it brings to victims and the public at large as it is in keeping a very bad man out of the halls of power. go back to your easy mac, please.

and no, you prosecute the people who gave bush the guns bombs and money

you trainable
Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 31st, 2006, 07:59 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Courage the Cowardly Dog
Besides most everyone else was just following his orders. If Bush goes to prison for Iraq would you prosecute the soldiers?
The Nuremberg Defense?
Let's bring the Nazis into this!
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Dec 31st, 2006, 08:03 PM       
I have only seen three opinions about this regarding his death, and the video in particular:

WE'RE A SICK SOCIETY FOR WATCHING THAT

BUSH BUSH BUSH

THE WAR IS OVER HA HA HA /SARCASM

i just wanted to say the video kind of sucked, and it sucked that he didn't suffer, but all in all, BFD.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Dec 31st, 2006, 08:50 PM       
Quote:
A truly just sentence would have forced the man to disclose the details of his entire career over the course of a long prison term prior to execution. Historians and prosecutors would then extract the resulting truths and use them to prosecute those who were complicit in playing ball with this murderous fuck.
:insertgeggyism
Old Jan 1st, 2007, 12:37 AM       
http://www.gulfweb.org/report/riegle1.html

the british and the germans were also significant suppliers of capital and materials. oh, and the french too.

mistaking fiction for reality is dumb, but mistaking reality for fiction is just fucked up.
Mocker

Abcdxxxx is probably a spambot
Old Jan 1st, 2007, 01:00 AM       
We're talking about crimes against humanity which are very well documented... it's not full disclosure we need, it's less idiots forming uneducated opinions.

Did we need Hitler, or Milosevic to stay alive in order to document their deeds, Derrida?!
=======

Preechr is probably a spambot
Old Jan 2nd, 2007, 05:46 AM       
I can see their point. I mean, after all, Saddam has been sooooo helpful during the time he's spent in a courtroom so far. He really laid it all out there, didn't he? I'm surprised he was being so honest and forthright about his crimes against humanity and stuff. Murderous dictator or not, I really trusted what that guy had to say.

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!
Will chop you good.
sspadowsky is probably a spambot
Old Jan 2nd, 2007, 10:07 AM       
I'm confused by the topic. How does CNN "get the last laugh" here? I don't get it.
say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old Jan 2nd, 2007, 10:09 AM       
Where's Obama?
=======

Old Jan 2nd, 2007, 10:52 AM       
Most likely in Chicago, laying hands on the sick and infirm.

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!
Old Jan 2nd, 2007, 04:45 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preechr
I can see their point. I mean, after all, Saddam has been sooooo helpful during the time he's spent in a courtroom so far. He really laid it all out there, didn't he? I'm surprised he was being so honest and forthright about his crimes against humanity and stuff. Murderous dictator or not, I really trusted what that guy had to say.
There are ways of independently verifying testimony.

Maybe Saddam wouldn't have been so prude if the court had bothered to try him for more than a single offense, huh? He confessed to this offense, so I'm not sure why you're saying he was unwilling to talk, unless you confused his adoption of churchillian relativism (in which he claimed not to be guilty of the charges simply because his actions were "necessary") for uncooperativity.
=======

Old Jan 2nd, 2007, 08:52 PM       
I was thinking more of his ridiculous behavior in court... well maybe his open ridicule of the court itself. Between his disdain for the proceedings and the death threats and assassinations, the process was doing more damage than good. We don't need him to continue, and frankly the world, which includes Iraq of course, is better off without him on a few different levels.

The trial proceedings had become an open forum for all the movements that with to deter the progress in the region. I'm not saying that's the only or the best reason to kill the guy, but I will say that his life, due to the crimes we know he committed, was already forfeit. Iraqi law required the immediate fulfillment of his sentence for his first conviction. The law was followed. I have no problem with that.

I think the discussion here revolves around Saddam being of some sort of use to somebody kept alive. I feel his continued existence only benefited the enemies of a free Iraq. What were you hoping he would say or do that was worth keeping him around?

Unmedicated genius
Old Jan 2nd, 2007, 09:58 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by derrida
whats to admire about a swift trial? that they chose a single one of many, many offenses to actually convict the guy for? a trial is equally as important in the truth and closure it brings to victims and the public at large as it is in keeping a very bad man out of the halls of power. go back to your easy mac, please.

and no, you prosecute the people who gave bush the guns bombs and money

you trainable
The Iraqi court plans to CONTINUE to try him for the OTHER offenses posthumously. Their court system can do that. To them the justice system is about closure as well as punishment.

And as for the Nuremberg thing Saddam's higher ranking henchmen are being tried Nuremberg style too.

But if you wanna prosecute for this war why not Hillary Clinton? She voted for it, and her only excuse is the same false intelligence that was presented to Bush.
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Jan 2nd, 2007, 11:48 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by sspadowsky
I'm confused by the topic. How does CNN "get the last laugh" here? I don't get it.

the programming block is labeled "Happiness", which, AFAIK is not a real program on CNN, and it aired at the time of Saddam's execution.