Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Aug 6th, 2003, 12:32 AM        Adult Swim
As it currently stands at this time, i am absolutely in love with Adult Swim. Before, they would have shows that i had no interest in, but now that Kikaider and whatever came on before it are gone, i can safely watch the whole block of shows without being annoyed. By the shows, i mean. Those Veggietales commercials still come on.

But the new midnight shows are awesome. I love that FLCL one, it just fucking screams "JAPANESE CARTOONS RULE" at your face with its almost nonsensical format and visual style, and Blue Gender's got great looking art. It's the first time i've seen an anime draw an American guy and make him look American. Not to mention that they recruited some different voice acting for the shows, 'cause i'm getting kinda sick of hearing Goku voice everyone and their grandmother. Trigun is just getting really interesting, and Lupin is still ruling mad ass.

I don't know why people whine about the cards during commercials. They're funny, and they're not some guy saying "All kids out of the pool" every time a commercial comes on. Like they said, just listen to the beats if you hate the cards, don't fuckin' whine about it. :o
Mocker
The Retro Kat is probably a spambot
Old Aug 6th, 2003, 01:02 AM       
No more Futurama .
Gas and masturbation are highly unlikely to be connected with each other. Have you tried to stop masturbating? Has the gas subsided as a result? Perhaps you could try the same experiment by increasing the times you masturbate daily. Do you notice that the gas is increasing?
Mocker
Cap'n Crunch is probably a spambot
Old Aug 6th, 2003, 01:04 AM       
Instead you can watch Fox at the same time, and they show the old Simpsons episodes.

SLjimbo is probably a spambot
Old Aug 6th, 2003, 01:08 AM       
I'm glad they picked up Family Guy, but I'm disappointed they only showed 4 episodes of Reign The Conqueror and then removed it. :/

pissed off salesman is probably a spambot
Old Aug 6th, 2003, 01:12 AM       
Fooly Cooly, the show that made me buy a Vespa
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Aug 6th, 2003, 01:16 AM       
I think anime fucked it up. I hate anime to begin with, but Adult Swim is slowly envelopping the comedy portion with the anime portion. As of now there are only about 6 hours of comedy a week and 9 hours of anime. 9 and a half now, I believe.

My opinion: Adult Swim USED to rule. It used to rule a lot.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Mocker
Old Aug 6th, 2003, 01:20 AM       
Yeah, I don't really like anime much either. :/

The only anime I ever liked was this movie I saw on HBO. It was called Akira. It's fucking awesome.

Old Aug 6th, 2003, 01:25 AM       
Fooly Cooly GOOD!!!! Akira BAD!!!
Lord Felch Demon
Old Aug 6th, 2003, 04:02 AM       
More than likely the AS idea came to them after they successfully ran the uncensored Gundam Wing shows at midnight a few years ago, and the ratings went higher. Don't be ungrateful, Milhouse.
Mocker
Jixby Phillips is probably a spambot
Old Aug 6th, 2003, 04:12 AM       
That or Space Ghost in 1994.
DON'T F WITH ME
HickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 6th, 2003, 12:43 PM       
I truely dont see what is so great about Akira. Yeah I watched it all and it was ok. But the end was one of the lamest endings in a movie I have ever seen. The best part was when they were on the bikes in the begining.

I AM TETSEUO...LAME
Mocker
Old Aug 6th, 2003, 01:48 PM       
I thought the part where he got huge and he blew up was cool. That's about it. :/

They are changing the Adult Swim line up in September again, so don't get used to it.

Old Aug 6th, 2003, 02:48 PM       
The whole FLCL series is only 6 episodes long.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 6th, 2003, 04:17 PM       
I don't even watch AS anymore. Except on sundays and when family guy is on
Location: In that place where i didnt know where we were before
Comrade Rocket is probably a spambot
Old Aug 6th, 2003, 05:22 PM       
I like every portion of adult swim. It is cartoon genius. It mixes comedy and action together in one awsome package. And the cards are friggin' funny.

Hold Still...

Were trying to light your head on fire...

WITH OUR MINDS,

And is it bad that i like Akira and FLCL.
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Aug 6th, 2003, 07:26 PM       
Oh yeah, the black and white text bumpers are faggoty too.

backdoorviolator is probably a spambot
Old Aug 6th, 2003, 07:30 PM       
my favorites are Home Movies and The Oblongs. man, those shows are funny as hell. the anime stuff is stupid...my opinion though.
Old Aug 6th, 2003, 07:36 PM       
That's OK. You still suck for liking Oblongs.

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Aug 6th, 2003, 08:06 PM        Re: Adult Swim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjavenom
But the new midnight shows are awesome. I love that FLCL one, it just fucking screams "JAPANESE CARTOONS RULE" at your face with its almost nonsensical format and visual style, and Blue Gender's got great looking art.
Bah. Excel Saga is a much better nonsensical humor anime.

Quote:
Not to mention that they recruited some different voice acting for the shows, 'cause i'm getting kinda sick of hearing Goku voice everyone and their grandmother.
Yeah, it's nice to see that they gave the guy who voices Trunks other opportunities.
Mocker
whoreable is probably a spambot
Old Aug 6th, 2003, 08:16 PM       
Seriously I left that flcl on on after family guy. Not only does it make no sense, it is also ridiculously retarded. At least the other show afterwards is somewhat followable with my short attention span. Even so, they need to show futurama again and show some fucking reruns of Space Ghost. Maybe some cartoon planet too.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 6th, 2003, 08:18 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoreable
Even so, they need to show futurama again and show some fucking reruns of Space Ghost. Maybe some cartoon planet too.
Truer words where never spoken, whoreable
Lord Felch Demon
Old Aug 6th, 2003, 10:40 PM       
All i ever recall Space Ghost saying was "damn" once during the episode where they're just coming up with a script, Jixby. :/

Haven't seen Excel Saga, but if it's even weirder than Fooly Cooly (?), i'm definitely interested.

As for Trunks voicing the guy? I can't recall many other people that sound like trunks in all the other dubbed anime i've seen over here. Likely he's just good at voices, but as long as it's not the fellow who does Goku or Samanosuke, it's plus points in my book.

edit: Goku is voiced by a fellow named Ian Corlett, who has a big-ass list of voicing credits. This is Trunks'. Notice a difference?

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Aug 7th, 2003, 12:45 AM       
It's not necessarily weirder that FLCL, it's just better; it's an entertaining sort of weirdness, not just random, pointless crap happening in every episode.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Old Aug 7th, 2003, 04:04 PM       
HOLY SHIT I DIDN'T KNOW THERE WAS A BATTLETOADS CARTOON

I must see it

On Excel Saga, I don't know if I ever could watch it and be entertained after reading this:

http://www.i-mockery.com/moviereview...led.asp?ID=279
UNODIR
KILLADEUCE sucks
Old Aug 7th, 2003, 04:43 PM       
No offense to Piichi whatsoever here, but i agree: after reading that long winded rant on Excel Saga, i would be reluctant to run traffic lights so i could get home in time to see it. :/

I would at least check it out -

As has come along way since its inception, i think it is still going pretty strong, i have always been an anime fan but i have never been an afficianado or anything , alot of really good shows were brought to my attention through AS by proxy (Cowboy bebop, trigun- comes to mind) I would really like it if they re-ran the Old Fist of the North star episodes... that wold be kinda cool