Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
filthiest soap dish
Babs is probably a spambot
Old Sep 10th, 2009, 01:55 AM        Project Needlemouse?
So today on 9/9/09, Sega announces that by 2010 there will be a new Sonic coming out and only leaving the viewers/fans with this teaser.

I'm left completely dumbfounded and pissed. I have no clue what's going on here but I can only assume that SEGA is taking a break (hopefully fucking retiring) from making these half assed abominations of Sonic in 3D. According to a couple of sources from SEGA, some guy named Ken Balough of SEGA of America stated "Old-school Sonic fans have long asked to see Sonic return to a more 2D style of gameplay", it may be apparent that they're going to take it back to the 2D style, that is unless SEGA and the masses are talking out of their asses. So this Ken Balough goes on to state "Many liked the daytime stages in Unleashed, but wanted to see a game that plays purely similar to the early games of the Genesis. Project Needlemouse is that critical first step that brings Sonic back to his 2D roots." Only hope this is not some hyped up piece of crap but I'm willing to hope it's not going to end up like Sonic 3D Blast atleast.

It seems pretty promising...