Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Kerb Crawler is probably a spambot
Old Nov 11th, 2004, 03:26 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant10708
The S controller isn't bad. I just got the game today and so far its great. Havn't tried it out on Live yet thou.
Well I've already got two of those basic bricks they laid out first. It was such a gimmic that they would stooge us with an advanced controller release. So now to get the full 'experience' out of any of my games I must buy another controller, and I'm the only person in the house. So I'm still going with the computer release, here's hoping it's friggin soon.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Nov 11th, 2004, 03:56 AM       
Right on.

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Nov 11th, 2004, 05:48 AM       
X-Boxes have shipped with nothing but type-S controllers for the better part of 2 years now. Right now all the systems are looking pretty good, but gamecube's going to fall behind this holiday season because XBox and PS2 are loading up on awesome titles like Halo 2, GTA: SA, SD vs RAW, and all the other XBox titles coming out that you fags are creaming over. ;<

There are only like 20 games worth buying in the history of mankind, but GTA: SA is seriously at the top of that list for me. Then again, I haven't played Halo 2 yet.

Oh, and I don't hate on Half-Life for it having godawful graphics, I hate it because the gameplay sucks the high hard one and I hate its radical fanbase even worse and the counterstrike fags even more than that.
Keg Whore
EisigerBiskuit is probably a spambot
Old Nov 11th, 2004, 06:38 AM       
Halfquake Amen is the only thing Half-Life was meant for
Ihach is probably a spambot
Old Nov 11th, 2004, 09:20 AM       
i am brutally disappointed with halo 2. the story mode, while it had an interesting story, was far, far to short, i beat it in roughly 7-8 hours. and the multiplayer just feels like same old, same old. which is a shame, because i hoped that this game would rekindle my interest in the all-nighter marathon gaming.
DON'T F WITH ME
HickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 11th, 2004, 01:33 PM       
Too bad for you
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Nov 11th, 2004, 03:33 PM       
The internet totally hates HALO2 and i was, as usual, proved right.
No sir, I don't like it
DeadKennedys is probably a spambot
Old Nov 11th, 2004, 04:00 PM       
Remember how when you'd beat different difficulty modes in Halo: Combat Evolved, it'd give you a badge to commemorate your victory on the mission?

Where are those in this game? I've beaten missions on normal just to see, and it never gave me a badge..

Old Nov 11th, 2004, 05:20 PM       
Yeah, Metal, because fags from GameFAQs, Fark, and any other site you enjoy are the stock from which good taste was originally conceived.
Hitler's Canoe!
Old Nov 11th, 2004, 05:25 PM       
First off i dont like Game FAQs or fark. Secondly Its not just sites i like its the whole internet and everyone knows the internet is always right about everything.

Old Nov 11th, 2004, 05:31 PM       
I'll pick up Halo 2 in the next few months, probably at christmas, and I'm confident that it'll be a good game. It won't have been worth holding your breath for 2-3 years over, but that's really all the internet fags' own fault for doing that.

The original Halo wasn't a spectacle of modern gaming, either, but it had the best controls of anything around. Still, I don't really get why it got so popular. It's just a good all-around game, it isn't revolutionary in any way.

Just like Half-Life, only minus the good part.
Hitler's Canoe!
Old Nov 11th, 2004, 05:37 PM       
ah but half life was revolutionary. No FPS before it had such well scripted events or such a good plot line (minus the zen part which sucked).
Whiter than Alabaster
the_dudefather is probably a spambot
Old Nov 11th, 2004, 07:34 PM       
i liked zen, but hey, i like super mario too

i think we should stop the whole 'my game is better than your game' debate soon, its getting old.

Fartin's biggest fan
Perndog is probably a spambot
Old Nov 11th, 2004, 08:52 PM       
I think the enemy AI was the revolutionary thing about Halo. Aside from the occasional big boss, enemies in FPS would always just charge you or stand around shooting at you. In Halo they started acting like people, and in Halo 2 they seem even smarter.

But give me Unreal Tournament anyday. Or a new Quake game, damn it. Now that Doom 3 is done, they've got no excuse not to get working on Quake 4.
Puddle Pirate! ARRRR!
DamnthatDavid is probably a spambot
Old Nov 11th, 2004, 09:34 PM       
It's the fun of mulitplayer, or co-op campaign mode that will keep me coming back to the game. And those beam swords... Ahhhh shit, those are the bestest best things ever.

Tonberry is probably a spambot
Old Nov 11th, 2004, 09:34 PM       
they are making a Quake 4.

its suppost to be like doom 3 only with team based combat :O

oh, and more lights
DON'T F WITH ME
HickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 11th, 2004, 09:56 PM       
The game itself is great all around. Great AI for both the humans and covenant. Solid controls. The best FPS console graphics as far as I know. THE BEST console online gaming around. Great music. All together a really solid game. Also, I don't care what net douches are saying about the ending, either. It's just those tight pants little internet fags wanted something they knew they wern't going to get.
No sir, I don't like it
DeadKennedys is probably a spambot
Old Nov 11th, 2004, 10:33 PM       
Halo 2 is different, but that doesn't make it any worse.
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Nov 11th, 2004, 11:17 PM       
OMG Ron Perlman, The candyman, michele rodrigues.

I liked how cinematic it made you act while playing. Like in the first second level in the tunnels if you fell off the warthogg and had to keep up you totally lost the feel. Hunters a fucking crazy now they are like 10 feet tall and make you feel like a puny ant, Banshee Jacking is great in multiplayer. The flood have been weakened in numbers but are worse because it takes liek a full clip of SMG ammo to down one then if you are too slow the bubbles bring them back to life

There was only one Major problem with this game, Why the hell does it take agonizing seconds for the game to RENDER in front of you? In the Cinematic where sarge knows what the ladies want the tank was an untextures mass of blocks for a good 3 seconds.
DON'T F WITH ME
Old Nov 12th, 2004, 01:44 PM       
I think your xbox is gay. That never happened for me. For the first split-second Keys's daughter was untextured. But it was faster then a blink of an eye. The cinematic with The Sarge wasn't messed up for me at all.
GO AWAY DONT POST HERE

davinxtk is probably a spambot
Old Nov 13th, 2004, 05:14 AM       
(WARNING: *VERY* MILD SPOILERS. I'M ONLY WARNING YOU BECAUSE YOU BITCHES WHINE LIKE BABIES.)

There's so much in this thread that I want to respond to.

Halo 1 was an amazingly popular game largely, yes, because of the AI (enemy, and ally). It had a great replayability to it and a storyline that faked epic very well by backing humanity into a corner. It was a story about working well under pressure, and the sequel follows that pattern.
That being said, anyone who thought Halo was "repetative" or "got lost" wasn't paying attention to what they were doing and were playing on easy settings. That, or they're just making shit up and/or parroting the same crap PS2 fanboys do, which I've found is most often the case.
That, as well, extends to Halo 2. If you think it's too short, you're not playing it on a worthwhile difficulty. Heroic or Legendary are the only ways a serious FPS-player should get their Master Chief on. I only play the first one on Legendary, and I can dance around the enemy like they're not even there. In the second one, Heroic is an incredible challenge at some parts and Legendary approaches impossible. They explore better ways of telling the story (more in-game storyline, longer cutscenes, covenant-based missions) and have a much more diverse set of environments, weapons, enemies and allies.
The game certainly does live up to the hype. I've been waiting for this game since I beat the fuck out of the first one towards the end of '01 and what I've played so far (I haven't finished it, but I'm sure I'm very close to the last level) keeps the epic, cinematic feel and really shows off the vision of Halo that the people at Bungie have.

As far as Half-Life is concerned, it was the single best video game I'd ever played until Halo. Halo 2 has successfully overtaken both of them, but that's not the point. The original Half-Life had a creepy-as-hell, "I don't want to play this in the dark" kind of feel to it. The scripted events were pretty amazing and the graphics revolutionary and efficient at the time. It provided some of the best hours of gameplay and the hardest and most frustrating end levels.
Half-Life 2 looks like it's going to be good from a gameplay and graphics standpoint, but you can tell from the premise (you strike a deal with the guy from the end of the first game and you end up in a city full of aliens?) that the storyline is going to lack in a lot of ways. It's going to be a great game that will suffer from two major ailments: lack of (desirable) replayability, and a shadowed release. As good as CS is (IN YOUR OPINION, WORLD, NOT MINE, FUCKING HELL I HATE IT) it's not going to shake a stick at Halo 2's online multiplayer, and nobody's going to be playing HL2 until well after its name is forgotten to newer releases. The best in can hope for is that a brilliantly conceived expansion pack (HL1 had two) drops during a lull in video game activity to boost sales of the original. It's disappointing, because it's going to be a great game that gets remarkably overpowered by Halo 2.

P.S.
I talk too much.
(1:02:34 AM): and i think i may have gone a little too far and let her know that i actually do hate her, on some level, just because she's female
(1:03:33 AM): and now she's being all kinds of sensitive about it
(1:03:53 AM): i hate women
Keg Whore
Old Nov 13th, 2004, 07:04 AM       
I agree with everything you said. Seriously.

I just can't see why people question Half-Life 2's story when it hasn't even come out to prove anything, or why anyone thinks Halo isn't even mentionably awsome (besides the fact of total fay-gots, that I thought never really existed, that have different consoles would soak it down).
Apples to oranges, but then again, apples and oranges arn't that far apart anyway.
Mocker

Helm is probably a spambot
Old Nov 13th, 2004, 09:11 AM       
I liked multiplayer Halo. I liked Half-Life. I'll probably like Halo 2 when I pirate it for the PC. And I'll probably like Half-Life 2 when it's unlocked 3 days from now. None of these games is anything better than 'pretty good' on my book, though, and seriously debating their merits and demerits on the internet is way too nerdy for me. Most commercial modern games are based on graphics and atmosphere rather than gameplay, so if I want a really good time playing an action game, I'll play N or Sonic 2 or something.
Keg Whore
Old Nov 13th, 2004, 09:15 AM       
If a mod for Half-Life 2 were about farming, THEN YOU KNOW THAT HALO HAS LOST BY THEN

farming rules
Hitler's Canoe!
Old Nov 13th, 2004, 10:07 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helm
I liked multiplayer Halo.
Me too but all the cracked servers disapeared after the game was actually released

You know EisigerBiskuit thats actually not such a bad idea, a DM mod based on farming equipment would be damn fun. You could have mainly melee weapons like spades and pitchforks and stuff, also a shit load of cool vehicles like combine harvesters, tractors, horses and muck spreaders. Some AI cows and chickens running about would be fun too.
As well as DM you could have a gametype where one team are horse rustlers and the other team are farmers and you need to stop all the horses from bieng stolen within a certain time limit.
You would win lots of kudos for originality even if the game as pretty badly made.