Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Mar 30th, 2003, 06:28 PM       
Chojin's point is right on, and Ronnie can't comprehend it, so it must be "apples and oranges."

Ronnie espouses that we live in a one person, one vote society, and all is fair. Yet when 8% vote for Nader, he finds it insignificent. I guess they should all be voting Democrat. Hmmm, but the Democrats are all liars, too, so then I guess they should be voting Republican....hmmm....

It sounds to me like Ronnie would do just fine in a theocratic politburo type of government.

VinceZeb is probably a spambot
Old Mar 30th, 2003, 06:39 PM       
Considering how many people vote to begin with, that 8% for Nader is low. Besides, you have to put it in context:

How many people vote for someone else besides Republicans or Democrats not because of what they agree with, but just because it is different?

How many people truly know what the Green party is about? It is just like any one other of those one agenda parties, like the Leaglize Marijuana party, the Pro-Life Party, etc?
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Mar 30th, 2003, 06:44 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceZeb
Considering how many people vote to begin with, that 8% for Nader is low.
Considering it comes from a high % of young people, a demographic that traditionally doesn't even vote, it's in fact quite high, using your logic.

Quote:
Besides, you have to put it in context:

How many people vote for someone else besides Republicans or Democrats not because of what they agree with, but just because it is different?
So? How many people vote simply along Party lines? How many people vote for a Democrat, simply because they don't like the Republican, and vice versa??

Quote:
How many people truly know what the Green party is about? It is just like any one other of those one agenda parties, like the Leaglize Marijuana party, the Pro-Life Party, etc?
No, it's not, but you do raise a valid point. The fact that it calls itself "Green" hinders it at times. It more so resembles a European labor party, more than a weed party. Granted, decriminalization is an issue, but it's only one of several.