Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

aaaaaa is probably a spambot
Old Jun 27th, 2004, 05:58 PM        B-Movie Monsters on Animal Planet
This was on last night. They looked at two old school B-movies about giant animals. They were mainly about how inaccurately the animals were portrayed, and why those giant animals couldn't exist in reality. However, they still picked apart the stupidity of the characters, lucky "coincidences" of the movies, and they knew the rules of b-movies pretty well. They even mentioned what happened to the people involved. It was pretty good edutainment.

The first movie was The Killer Shrews. "Shrews" meaning "Dogs with fake teeth and carpet on their backs". They mentioned that one of the main characters was played by James Best, who later became Sheriff motherfucking Rosco from The Dukes of Hazzard.

The next one was The Giant Gila Monster. They revealed early on that it was actually a Mexican beaded lizard, but still played along and compared it to a real gila monster.

I don't want to go in depth on them right now, but the shows were pretty good. Unofortunately, I don't know when they'll show it again, but I think you guys would like it.
Space Viking Repo Man
Zbu Manowar is probably a spambot
Old Jul 5th, 2004, 07:37 PM       
You could just get the MST3K episodes from DAPCentral.org and Joel and the Bots can tell you the same thing.