Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jul 17th, 2011, 06:49 AM       
everything blurred so much on the gameboy that it was pretty much an unplayable system for me :< it doesn't happen on emulators, so i feel that kids these days who go back and try it are getting an unfairly good opinion of the system
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Jul 17th, 2011, 07:23 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Woman View Post
haha yeah ok

That's pretty much not what I said, but feel free to give yourself an easy exit
No that is precisely what you said, so my post stands correct as opposed to corrected. But thanks for your attempted participation in the conversation
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Jul 17th, 2011, 08:00 AM       
It's not that crazy a notion that a game can have flaws yet still be better than a game without said flaws. It may even be possible that the aforementioned flaws give the game a certain character and charm that may otherwise not have been present.
dead end
mew barios is probably pretty okmew barios is probably pretty okmew barios is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 17th, 2011, 12:26 PM       
link's awakening is my favorite zelda game :< when i finally got a gameboy of my own that was the game that came with it and i played that thing all day everyday. i love the story and the tone and all its quirkyness that really bring through a feeling that the entire game was a labor of love and everyone involved gave it their all. i had never played a game before that made me consider the consequences of completing it.

for me it edges out link to the past, though i really enjoy that game also. even with that said, when i tried to relive the experience on the original hardware i found it to be totally unplayable :< but i have no real reason to bust out the old green machine when i can play it on the super gameboy or gameboy player or gameboy color or gameboy advance or emulated on the ds
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Jul 17th, 2011, 06:05 PM       
I first played the color version of link's awakening, but I never had a problem on the games I played on the original as long as I wasn't outside
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 17th, 2011, 06:41 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin View Post
everything blurred so much on the gameboy that it was pretty much an unplayable system for me :< it doesn't happen on emulators, so i feel that kids these days who go back and try it are getting an unfairly good opinion of the system
Did you need to wear coke bottle glasses as a kid or something? Yeah the resolution was crap but it was so bad that it was unplayable? Metric shit tons of the units were sold worldwide so it couldn't have been THAT bad.

Also the emulators aren't going to have this "blurriness" that you speak of simply because the resolution of the pc is so much higher.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jul 17th, 2011, 07:16 PM       
i'm referring to motion blur, not resolution

i'm beginning to think none of you have actually used a gameboy
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Jul 17th, 2011, 08:04 PM       
I know what you are talking about. Anyone who played Super Mario Land would remember it vividly because that game did it worse than any other I can remember
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Jul 17th, 2011, 08:06 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by mew barios View Post
link's awakening is my favorite zelda game :< when i finally got a gameboy of my own that was the game that came with it and i played that thing all day everyday. i love the story and the tone and all its quirkyness that really bring through a feeling that the entire game was a labor of love and everyone involved gave it their all. i had never played a game before that made me consider the consequences of completing it.
Yeah, basically this.

I don't know why you guys are treating it like it was Zelda's answer to Super Mario Land or Mortal Kombat or whatever. It functioned as a proper standalone game rather than a scaled down handheld port of a stronger title, and you could tell a lot of effort went into making it.

You guys did play it, right?
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Jul 17th, 2011, 09:53 PM       
Yes, we played it, which is why when you say "I hate LttP" and "I love Links Awakening" we wonder if you really played LttP. It is the same basic game minus the owl
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 18th, 2011, 12:12 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin View Post
i'm referring to motion blur, not resolution

i'm beginning to think none of you have actually used a gameboy
Yes, I do remember (SML brought that memory back from the grave) but other than that game I never remember it being an issue. Like I said, it was an extremely successful platform so it couldn't have been that bad. Honestly when I think back to the GB, "motion blur" never even pops up as something that I would even associate with the system. To each his eyes I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Woman View Post
You guys did play it, right?
Yeah but the motion blur was so bad it made me throw up and I just could never finish it. Heard it was the best Zelda, too. Bummer.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jul 18th, 2011, 12:39 AM       
lol
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Jul 18th, 2011, 01:01 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhukov View Post
It's not that crazy a notion that a game can have glitches yet still be better than a game without said glitches. It may even be possible that the aforementioned glitches give the game a certain character and charm that may otherwise not have been present.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentegarn View Post
There's a gulf of difference between flaws and glitches though
Ok, well if you think that, then change the word 'flaws' in my post, for 'glitches'.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 18th, 2011, 09:39 AM       
i dunno if you know but i was at ign and apparently the domain modernwarfare3.com has been bought by someone whose only purpose was to talk shit about the game

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
Old Jul 18th, 2011, 10:45 PM       
That's fantastic.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jul 18th, 2011, 10:47 PM       
http://www.capcom-unity.com/gregaman...ge_from_capcom

bollocks
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jul 18th, 2011, 11:48 PM       
Aren't you from Alabama, or something? Why do you say stuff like "bollocks" and "mum"?

That was very funny. Well done.
Old Jul 18th, 2011, 11:56 PM       
Because our labour laws are better in the Commonwealth.

Do you say Mum and Labour and Colour and Favourite and all those properly spelled words in Canada?
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jul 19th, 2011, 01:08 AM       
I've never spelled it "mum," but I used to add the "u" to those words. I've been doing it less and less over time, though.

That was very funny. Well done.
The Glum Cunt
k0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contest
Old Jul 19th, 2011, 01:24 AM       
Ever since I Arrested Development came on, I've been calling my mom "mother". It just weirds people out and I'm ok with that.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Jul 19th, 2011, 05:10 AM       
I occasionally say bloody, cause it's fun to say and easy to slip in. Not quite sure about that whole "mum" thing, though.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jul 19th, 2011, 08:03 AM       
I say "muh - maaaaaa" in person, but that doesn't really translate well in writing.

And I used to use 'u's in words like favourite and colour and armour because that's how I learnt them.

My family moved around Europe a lot, so I got a little bit of everything, between that, television, and movies.
...Pause at the Beginning
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 26th, 2011, 05:36 PM       
i'm a bit lttp (LATE TO THE PARTY NOT LIKN TOT HE PAST FAGGETS) but link's awakening is fucking marvelous and the game its engine was based on has finally received a fan translation

just mere months after i played through the game in japspamese!!!

fun game anyway. the "battle system" is useless and the game is easy but it's totalsfun.

http://www.romhacking.net/trans/1623/
The Glum Cunt
k0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contest
Old Jul 26th, 2011, 05:41 PM       
I could never play the gameboy. I remember when my step dad bought me a gameboy for Christmas and I returned it to the store, then used the money to buy some genesis games. He beat the crap out of me for that because I didn't appreciate what he got me, but the original gameboy was so shitty that it was worth a beating.