Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Ringmonster
J. Tithonus Pednaud is probably a spambot
Old Oct 28th, 2008, 08:15 PM       
Ya, I'm having trouble getting into this season as well. Five episodes in and shit has yet to hit the fan.
Lemonade Hand Grenade
MikeeTeevee is probably a spambot
Old Nov 5th, 2008, 09:34 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Hadas View Post
This new season feels pretty weak to me. Dexter seems less like a sociopathic killer and more like a socially awkward killer.
I think Dexter is a serial killer who needs to understand a moral reason for killing people so as not to get caught, not because he has a conscience.

Spoilers!

He confesses that without Harry's code he wouldn't have a band of strict ethics to stop him frying in the chair. He still actually kills. We assume that the compulsion often overrides his enforced moral ethics, otherwise he'd.....simply give up wouldn't he? We know he misses crucial emotions that society would definately consider 'normal'

Spoilers!

I understand where you are coming from, though in terms of 'socially awkward' but I put this down to sloppy script and tense. I'm bored of being taken to the edge of the 'will he or won't he get caught?' storyline, because it leaves you exhausted to the point where you start thinking 'he can't get caught because the series is a hit' - I'm striving to see Dexter evolve, which Season 3 seems to portray. Miguel is an interesting character. See how it goes.
God Emperor of Brigadoon

King Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 25th, 2008, 03:39 AM       
Three episodes left in the season, Dexter/Miguel relationship is finally turning into something interesting but otherwise the show is dull as hell. It's like the characters have all devolved into 2-dimensional archetypes, I guess I could chalk it up to bad writing but I wonder about that. I understand one of the network channels is picking up the show, I wonder if there purposely softening it so it'll transfer more smoothly to basic Television.
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Nov 25th, 2008, 07:04 AM       
I still think this season is at least as good the the rest. The whole Dexter-Miguel thing is one of the best sub-plots yet.
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Jan 10th, 2009, 09:45 AM       
Dexter and Deborah got married IRL

Can't say I blame him.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 11:08 PM       

:/
The Glum Cunt
k0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contest
Old Sep 15th, 2012, 09:39 AM       
Dear God. I didn't even watch dexter last year because "What the fuck dex?" and I can tell this season is going to be so so much worse.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Sep 15th, 2012, 10:13 AM       
There were Seasons 4, 5, and 6?
The Glum Cunt
k0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contest
Old Sep 15th, 2012, 10:20 AM       
The only new season worth watching would be the one with John Lithgow. Just because of John Lithgow.