Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 07:16 PM       
I don't understand why people are clamoring to get these magical powers. I question whether or not these people actually give a shit about this place or if they just want to put the Upright Citizens Notarized Certificate up on their wall.
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 07:17 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLE View Post
And yellow-cards are non-point warnings. People can amass tons of those.
Redcard then. I haven't gotten to play with it yet.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 07:20 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteRat View Post
I don't understand why people are clamoring to get these magical powers. I question whether or not these people actually give a shit about this place or if they just want to put the Upright Citizens Notarized Certificate up on their wall.
If it's gonna happen anyway, ya might as well join in so that you can help free this place from the rut it's been in lately.

That was very funny. Well done.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 07:22 PM       
Anyway, the point is that anyone with a grievance can bring their complaints to me, Mock, or any of the other admins for, let's say, appeals.

Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 07:23 PM       
Can we at least not allow anyone who joined after 2005 to be one of these? Unless they're like, really, really, spectacularly awesome, like Pednaud? Otherwise, this will lead to spectacularly annoying feuds.

MARK MY WORDS, INTERNET. MARK THEM WELL.
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 07:27 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
I'm with Chojin

Seriously though it's getting very difficult to detect honest bitterness from threadshitting. I thought this was supposed to be a serious thread.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 07:28 PM       
This is I-Mockery, Emu.

Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 07:29 PM       
To stop some of the controversy would it be worth adding all the "upright citizens" chosen by the mods to a poll where everyone would be able to vote against them (kind of like pop idol ). That way it'd be obvious which choices are really unpopular.

Making it anonymous would be good, too.
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 07:36 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMilitia View Post

This is probably the best way to go about it without people pouting and shouting accusations of corruption and such.
Resident Lurker
DuFresne is probably a spambot
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 07:36 PM       
Can I be an upright citizen, guys?

Funky Dynamite
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 07:37 PM       
Quote:
This is probably the best way to go about it without people pouting and shouting accusations of corruption and such.
Isn't that more a reason to make it a poll where you can see how each person voted?

Fucking Finland
RaNkeri is probably a spambot
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 07:39 PM       
I'm supporting for the poll too. Simple and easy :/
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 07:40 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMilitia View Post
To stop some of the controversy would it be worth adding all the "upright citizens" chosen by the mods to a poll where everyone would be able to vote against them (kind of like pop idol ). That way it'd be obvious which choices are really unpopular.

I like this idea, and especially the making it anonymous part. Not only will more people vote, but nobody will be afraid of taking shit for their opinions

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Hitler's Canoe!
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 07:42 PM       
To clarify, I still think the moderators should be in charge of picking candidates - there just needs to be some system to show quantitatively which choices are considered really unpopular (without so much drama).
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 07:45 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattJack View Post
. . .completely fucking stupid, and that it might cause people to watch what they post due to having some dumb fuck simply not liking them. Shit, they might just stop posting entirely due to excessive amounts of cuntery from the i-mockery senior club, not the posters.
Even if I-Mockery suddenly turns into a fascist dictatorship where people are dragged screaming from their computers and blackbagged, I will never give two tin shits about the quality of my posts, much less who's currently obsessing over how much they suck. No one will.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 07:45 PM       
I think for the most part, the mods could probably handle SOMETHING OF THIS MAGNITUDE! It just goes to shit when one or more parties has their own agenda and likes to just do things their way.

That was very funny. Well done.
Ancient Mariner
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 07:47 PM       
I held the same sentiments until I realized that I liked everyone who got the promotion.

I'd STILL like a join date cap, though
Resident Lurker
DuFresne is probably a spambot
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 07:50 PM       
About a year and a half with no bans, here! And the only ones I've pissed off have been stupid new people and Zomboid, but I didn't go all GW on him, so I think that's worth something AM I RIGHT!

Beloved Cunt
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 07:51 PM       
Hey! Over here! Pick me! Pick Me! I want special powers! Hey! Look over here!
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 07:52 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zomboid View Post
I think for the most part, the mods could probably handle SOMETHING OF THIS MAGNITUDE! It just goes to shit when one or more parties has their own agenda and likes to just do things their way.
Last time I'm going to repeat this. If another mod has a problem with my decisions, people won't get in. If I have a problem with some of the nominations, other mods can still get them in.

This is no different from a straight-up vote, aside from the fact that some people get the ability to warn people quicker.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
DuFresne's good people, y'all.

So it WhiteRat!
Ancient Mariner
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuFresne View Post
About a year and a half with no bans, here! And the only ones I've pissed off have been stupid new people and Zomboid, but I didn't go all GW on him, so I think that's worth something AM I RIGHT!
True, but you need to be excluded for the good of the whole. Besides, there ain't going to be no join date cap, and you all know it
Hitler's Canoe!
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 07:54 PM       
I refuse to comment on your candidacy until you clarify your position on church-mock separation, DeFresne.
Beloved Cunt
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 07:55 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Woman View Post
DuFresne's good people, y'all.

So it WhiteRat!
That's fantastic, he's good people. Great.

I refer back to my previous comment about why people are clamoring for this lofty position.
Funky Dynamite
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 07:55 PM       
Here's the deal, people:

These positions have no real power to speak of. And if you're concerned about the quality of your post earning you an infraction, or a ban, or whatever, you can feel free to ask me, or Mock, or anyone else to review your case. If things get to the point where infractions are getting handed out for trifling shit, we'll toss this whole system.