Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

conus is probably a spambot
Old Jun 11th, 2004, 11:50 AM       
I will always remember him for his lifelong loyalty to Ferdinand Marcos and Chiang Kai Chek. Despite the facts available to him, Reagan had the courage to believe their PR firms.
Rating: Yes.
Spectre X is probably a spambot
Old Jun 11th, 2004, 12:47 PM        Re: Similarities
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAsux
That's an excellent point. Remember that one time when Reagan decided to kill all the Jews in horribly violent, evil ways? And that other time that he decided that he wanted to take over the world?

Much like Hitler, clearly Rondal Reagan's impact on the course of world history was brutal and devastating.
You seem to have completely missed the point. I used Hitler in my arguement to show that changing the history of the world is not always a good thing, because Blanco made the impression that he DID mean this.
ranxer is probably a spambot
Old Jun 11th, 2004, 06:43 PM       
el blanco
Quote:
Are you two honestly that dumb? You two can't possibly be bitching and moaning that the man who was president for 8 years, won two landslide victories, credited for ending the Cold War (whether he did or not, he gets the credit), and reshaped the face of American politics is getting extensive media coverage days after his death.
call it what you like but i don't share the view that much of the media puts out about reagan, i was posting about these 'i love reagan' clips that keep replaying.. i turned on the regular broadcast tv for like 15 minutes several days in a row and couldnt find much more than reagan eulogies that painted a one sided story, ignoring the results of his 'well intentioned' policies that i don't actually credit to him as much as the people behind his administration.

i can't sum it up for you.. other's here listed some of the facts and accomplishments left out in reagans 'legacy' one thing that comes to mind that hasn't been mentioned is the obsenity of 'trickle down economics' that i think should be on his grave stone as a new way to enrich the slave owners. honestly, if the press went on to other more important news sooner we wouldnt have this discourse :/

here's one of the better ulogies that made it to regular press for what i consider my flavor of op/ed info:
Allowing stem-cell research could be a last win for the Gipper
http://www.postwritersgroup.com/archives/good0607.htm
Mocker

Abcdxxxx is probably a spambot
Old Jun 12th, 2004, 05:02 AM       
Wait is it over yet? Can't we have another 8 more funerals? We haven't managed to erase any trace of Kennedy funeral imagery from the publics minds yet, and there's still another few more months to capitilize off this before thr Rebulican convention. Maybe if we fly Nancy back and forth from Coast to Coast a few more times she'll keel over too. Lord knows Ronnie's been dead for a while now, and they just needed him to hit one last one for the gipper. For those too young to know, he wasn't someone we thought of as having a good sense of humor or being human. That's why he spawned entire careers of people who just did impressions to ridicule the guy. He wasn't what you'd call well liked, don't get it twisted....and his young republican following was scarier then any hardcore GW fan ever. So much for our Liberal media, they've managed to turn that piece of sit into some saint. We didn't even go to this length to honor Kennedy, who was an acting President in his prime.
Mocker
Dole is probably a spambot
Old Jun 12th, 2004, 06:50 AM       
Onion headline this week 'Reagan's body dies'
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Jun 12th, 2004, 10:38 AM       
That was my fucking joke after we found out about this. The Onion is always stealing my material.
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Jun 12th, 2004, 08:22 PM       
Quote:
Ronald Reagan Dies at 93
YAY!

No but nobody should live for 90 yeas at all. Have you ever seen a 90 year old with alsimers? They can't remember their fucking names(Thats what the disease does)

My great Grandpa had Alsimers he was a friggin wreck. Once he took his pills then fell asleep at about 8:00AM then woke up and it was 8:12 (he has a hand watch) then took more pills and almost died.
Old Jun 12th, 2004, 09:09 PM       
get used to alzheimers its the favorite name for american mad cow disease.
Resident Chimp
Old Jun 12th, 2004, 09:42 PM       
No it's not.
Old Jun 13th, 2004, 08:58 AM       
time will tell
Resident Chimp
Old Jun 13th, 2004, 10:51 AM       
No it won't.
Old Jun 15th, 2004, 11:53 AM       
bleh, time will tell either way.. it may be a long while but we'll find out or maybe out descendants will.. hey, did they do an autopsy on reagun to see if it actually was alzheimers?? i imagine not.. like so many deaths that are because of 'unknown' causes or coroners reports that arent released we will have a hard time finding out what's really doing many people in. why are coroners jobs political positions now? with the amount of corporate collusion in our government i'm asserting its a position used to cover up alot of things they don't want us to know.

i hope your right chimp, but i have my suspicions.

and all you folks out there that write my suspicions off as 'conspiracy theory' i guess you think that if the information is 'secret,' missing, or just classified it must be because our government has our best interests at heart. again and again we've been shown that honesty and truth are prevelent in our policies right?
Resident Chimp
Old Jun 15th, 2004, 04:06 PM       
Reagan was 93. He died from being OLD. That's what old people do. Die. Who cares if it was the arthritis, spotty liver or brain disease?

I think I've talked about this before, but they don't do autopsies on everyone. No one gives a shit what he died of because he was one OLD motherfucker. In fact, you only get an autopsy if there's a valid reason for it. Cutting an old dude open to confirm that his ticker stopped is a waste of time and resources. It was bound to happen any day. Any minute. Any second.
Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 15th, 2004, 04:10 PM       
Yeah, but wouldn't it be fun? Especially if you had one of those Victor Frankenstein dealies where you plug him in & can make him move around & stuff... :/
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Jun 17th, 2004, 08:07 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by The One and Only...
I never said that the Contras were
good, I said that the author's article is laughable. He's too one-sided.
You're right. We should see the pleasant side to hired killers, such
as "opening up elections." I mean, democracy has a price, right? In
this case, it tended to be innocent people and their families. But
ya know the old saying, can't make an omlette.....

Quote:
Quote:
So, in this country, since we have a two-party system
ultimately brought about due to one big debate, then Liberalism and
conservatism do in fact oppose each other.
I never said they didn't oppose each other. I said that they aren't
polar opposites.
And what I said..ugh...is that in this country, confined within a two-party structure, they in fact do. I also said that Reagan and FDR symbolize that fundamental divide. They were, in essence, the physical products of the "great debate." NOTE: I realize there is a lot of gray matter betwen both of these men, and I do not dispute you on that. My point before however was that you can't dismiss the "polar" concept merely b/c they were both "interventionists." To do that, you would have to create a strict definition of what conservatism really is, which as I tried to display in my misunderstood Metternich/Neo-cons example, is quite difficult to do.

Quote:
Neocons are not only typified by being war hawks, but also by
stronger support for social welfare programs (though still far less
than the left). They also tend to be stronger in their advocation
for government involvement in the preservation of moral standards
than their predecessors.
Metternich, and other CONSERVATIVES, believed in the aristocratic responsibility to aid others, and do charitable deeds. Some have called FDR (OH NO!) "conservative" in the way he, being a well-to-do aristocrat, took on public service to aid the lesser man (Your head is about to come off, I know). This example (the Metternich one) wasn't supposed to be so much about neo-cons, as it was to be about the ambiguity of conservatism itself. Afterall, you're very right about what you've said of neo-conservatism, but you also missed my point. I'm not saying the label neo-con came out of 18th and 19th century conservative movements. I'm saying the very ambiguity of "neo-conservatism" (the label in itself a sort of oxymoron) leads us back to your point about FDR and Reagan. What is a conservative, OAO?

Quote:
And besides, Irving Kristol is considered the founder of
neoconservatism.
And....?
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Jun 27th, 2004, 01:21 PM       
bump!
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 27th, 2004, 01:26 PM       
I'm glad you did, Kevin, because ranxer made me laugh.

[ranxer]beware your garbagemen, fools! they are CIA spooks come to find the anti-American garbage and take you away![/ranxer]