Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Little Monster
Miss Modular is probably a spambot
Old Feb 26th, 2003, 11:25 PM        Who's pulling the protestor's strings? (editorial)
This is from a conservative talk show host in my area. I was trying to find out more about some remarks he made towards transgender people that I didn't like, and I found this instead:

http://www.lonsberry.com/writings.cfm?story=1087&go=4

WHO'S PULLING THE PROTESTERS' STRINGS?

I have a question about these massive anti-war protests they’re having around the world.

Who’s pulling the strings?

Who’s behind it and what’s their agenda? And why do they operate in secrecy and anonymity?

Not to sound like some crazy conspiratorialist – like Hillary Clinton or Timothy McVeigh – but the level of orchestration and coordination in these protests and mass demonstrations is so great and so widespread as to require extensive and central command and control.

Translation: Somebody’s in charge.

The question is: Who?

For example, last Saturday as many as three million people in at least a dozen countries met in simultaneous demonstrations in hundreds of cities. All across America, in Asia, in Baghdad, in Paris, in London. Everywhere.

Amazingly, many of them carried the same signs. They chanted the same chants.

How did that happen?

How was the decision made that it would be that Saturday, and not the one before or the one after? And how was it decided it would be a Saturday, instead of a Sunday or a Monday?

How is it that the people in Baghdad happened to be on the same sheet of music as the people in Salt Lake City or Rochester? Ditto for Paris and Bogota and Moscow? How exactly did that happen?

Why is it the sound bites are all the same?

Even at the local level, what kind of extensive coordination is required to get the various gay, environmental, union, women’s and civil rights groups together for the march on city hall? What is that structure and why haven’t we learned more about it?

And why has the news media completely ignored it?

What’s passed for journalism in this matter has been nothing more than public relations for the protesters. And inasmuch as the actual number of people who have seen the protests is relatively miniscule, media coverage of them is where the rubber really meets the road. Media coverage is the purpose and point, and reporters become the most important participants.

Which makes their failure all the more troubling.

Instead of looking into the protest organizations and rooting out their bosses, money sources and agendas, reporters have given themselves over to being press agents for anarchists.

If nothing else, the power behind these protests is a massive, multi-national organization with tremendous resources and abilities to command millions of people.

That’s not insignificant.

And it can’t be refuted.

Some say that this is a grassroots movement, that it arises organically from the will of the people.

That’s a bunch of crap. And anybody who’s ever organized anything knows that. You can’t put a family reunion or a PTA bake sale together without all kinds of hassle and work. And there’s no way a worldwide movement like this just happens.

It happens because somebody made it happen.

And in the interest of disclosure and honesty we have a right and duty to know who that is.

Some say it’s the fruit of the Internet, that people can communicate more freely and like-minded people are merely joining together. But that misses the point. Thought the Internet is widely used to transmit information, it is a means of communication, a tool of command and control.

Internet sites, like the one linked below, are full of Madison Avenue polish and glitz. They are a big-money tool. And they solicit big money, typically asking donors for $100 a pop.

Where does that money go and what does it do?

And how is society affected by these activities? When does protest stop being free speech and start being insurrection?

The answers are not in the public domain.

And they should be.

It’s possible these are just activists, but it is also possible these are enemies. The problem is we can’t know which they are because we don’t know who they are.

The shouting protesters and the TV-camera activists are just pawns.

We’ve got to find out who’s pulling the strings.

It could be a matter of national and world security.

Modular's note: Someone please pass me an enema.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Feb 27th, 2003, 09:26 AM       
You know what's hysterical about this? It's as if the guy doesn't know the internet exists and was never taught geometric progession in high school, or ever saw or understood that ad with 'Then I told two friends and they told two friends and they told two friends" shit.

It's kind of like what Republican's figured out to do with Direct mail, except it's way more efficient in every way and free.
ranxer is probably a spambot
Old Feb 27th, 2003, 09:34 AM       
those pesky aliens broadcasting to my brain tell me where to go and it seems others get the same word because when i follow the directions and go where they say.. there's ALWAYS a group Already There!
Will chop you good.
sspadowsky is probably a spambot
Old Feb 27th, 2003, 10:30 AM       
Sure, this guy wants to know who's organizing protests. He wants to know the mastermind. 'Cause it could be dangerous.

But he's perfectly comfortable with secret arrests, circumvention of Due Process, secret military tribunals, preventive detention, removal of presidential records and records of Energy Commission meetings, and the destruction of the Constitution and the Freedom of Information Act. 'Cause, you know, all that stuff is so innocuous.
________
STARCRAFT 2REPLAYS

Last edited by sspadowsky : Apr 18th, 2011 at 05:24 AM.
Will chop you good.
sspadowsky is probably a spambot
Old Feb 27th, 2003, 10:36 AM       
Haha! I just linked to the protest site. Ol' Bob there didn't have it quite right. 'They're asking for $100 a pop.'

Um.... no, Bob. They're asking for $100. That's it.

I love how people twist shit to suit their view. It's a base-level denial, but I can't help but get a kick out of it.
________
Ship sale

Last edited by sspadowsky : Apr 18th, 2011 at 05:24 AM.
Ronnie Raygun is probably a spambot
Old Feb 27th, 2003, 11:08 AM       
Who's behind it?

Ramsey Clark and people like him.
Old Feb 27th, 2003, 11:14 AM       
Ramsey Clark as the secret force behind the peace movement?

Did you fall on your head?

And if he was, which obviously he is not, wouldn't it be in the same way Bush is 'behind' the Republican party?

Seriously, Nalds. Do you believe my 'strings' are being 'pulled'?
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Feb 27th, 2003, 11:30 AM       

CONSPIRACY! CONSPIRACY!

I love people like this. The anti-war movement scares the crap out of them, so now they need to start rationalizing it in their tiny little brains. There must be an Al Qaeda cell behind it all, or something.

Fantastic.
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Feb 27th, 2003, 01:15 PM       
I KNOW WHO IS BEHIND IT!

SATAN
Little Monster
Old Sep 24th, 2003, 07:12 PM       
Not really a followup, but I'd like to say that the author of this article might have his radio show yanked off the air due to some remarks he made, likening a black Democratic Candidate to an Orangutan.

But he'll be replaced by another Republican soon enough, seeing that the county's Republican Committee seems to have a stake in the station.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Sep 24th, 2003, 07:38 PM       
COMMUNISTS
Mocker

Abcdxxxx is probably a spambot
Old Sep 24th, 2003, 09:33 PM       
Hold up. Why are you all so cocky about this? I'm seriously shocked at how easily people toss these concerns aside....because a couple of them should be a huge fucking concern to you.

This isn't just the magic of the internet empowering the people. Someone pays for the bandwidth right? Someone underwrites the majority of costs for the buses that take you to Washington to march. Who does? The majority of major actions are being organized by front organizations. Why? How many people active in the movement are holding these groups accountable? I've asked these questions, both here on the board, and to friends who work as proffesional activists.... and the answers (no pun intended) aren't all that conclusive.

So as stupid as some Republican clown might sound going on about conspiracy theories.... there is something curious about how the Iraqi people could assemble in a choreographed manner, carrying signs written in English, with the exact same slogans as the rest of the world. These are planned photo ops for the sake of the media.
You're talking about a country without a lot of resources or electricity...and the wonders of a grassroots internet campaign only go so far.
Little Monster
Old Sep 24th, 2003, 09:42 PM       
I hate to break it to you, buddy, but this editorial dates back to before the preemptive strike. Why are you replying to it now?
ranxer is probably a spambot
Old Sep 25th, 2003, 09:45 AM       
"there is something curious about how the Iraqi people could assemble in a choreographed manner, carrying signs written in English, with the exact same slogans as the rest of the world."

the suspicians you have are pretty silly abcd

i think the similarities are simply a result of being faced with the same threat.. bush in power kind of UNITES the world in response to the fascist.

i.e. similar threats thus similar protests

i keep forgetting that one of bushes successes is the creation of the worlds largest peace movement to oppose him.
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Sep 25th, 2003, 10:04 AM       
I wasn't kidding. Despite what whiny Liberals say we ARE a global orginisation and we ARE tring to take over the world.

VinceZeb is probably a spambot
Old Sep 25th, 2003, 10:17 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhukov
I wasn't kidding. Despite what whiny Liberals say we ARE a global orginisation and we ARE tring to take over the world.
IF we are trying to take over the world, I'd sure as hell rather it be U.S. than them.

Old Sep 25th, 2003, 10:19 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by sspadowsky
Sure, this guy wants to know who's organizing protests. He wants to know the mastermind. 'Cause it could be dangerous.

But he's perfectly comfortable with secret arrests, circumvention of Due Process, secret military tribunals, preventive detention, removal of presidential records and records of Energy Commission meetings, and the destruction of the Constitution and the Freedom of Information Act. 'Cause, you know, all that stuff is so innocuous.
Yep, all that stuff is happening as we speak! Because there is no logical reason behind secret arrests or triburnals! There is all that proof of removal of presidental records and the Energy Commission meetings, and Bush is single-handedly destroying the constitution because as you know he has been crusading against things such as the second amendment, the right to worship, and the right to private property!

Go back to your L.D. class, chump change.
Old Sep 25th, 2003, 10:20 AM       
I thought you were "not a full Libertarian".
Old Sep 25th, 2003, 10:26 AM       
How would you know if there was a logical reason behind a secret rrest or tribunal? Since... well... they're secret?

Don't your 'liberatarian' leanings make you at all wary of the government having the right to secretly detain you without charges or access to a lawyer?

I mean, suppose for a moment, the next president is a *gasp* democrat? Wouldn't it scare you for that president to have those powers? Because of you Liberatarin leanings and all?

Old Sep 25th, 2003, 10:30 AM       
Last time I checked, Max, I haven't been wanting to destroy my own fucking country or wanting the Iraqis to win.

Most of the dumbasses today would have been charged with treason 50 years ago. And they would have deserved their punishments.

All these people do is lie and lie and act like Saddam never had WMD when Kennedy, Clinton, Saddam HIMSELF, and others said he had them! And most of these "protestors" that have their backings are being backed by communist fronts. Did you look into that at all?

Neil Boortz is right. The American people are fucking stupid.
Old Sep 25th, 2003, 10:35 AM       
Quote:
IF we are trying to take over the world, I'd sure as hell rather it be U.S. than them.
What the fuck does this mean?

I can't understand you. I think max is typing oyur posts.

What the fuck are you saying?
Old Sep 25th, 2003, 10:49 AM       
Four quick points:

1.) Last time I checked, Vinth, people who use the phrase "haven't been wanting" instead of 'didn't wan't' need a remedial English course.

2.) Same for "that have their backings are being backed".

3.) When you say "Neil Boortz is right. The American people are fucking stupid." Do you mean
A.) You are fucking stupid.
B.) You are not American.
C.) You are not a person.

4.) How does the Sailor Moon costume I routinely force you to wear fit?

Old Sep 25th, 2003, 10:52 AM       
The average American is an idiot who knows nothing about how the world works. They vote with their heart and not with their brain. They just want a elected official that is going to give them more of what they think they "deserve" and less of what people can "earn".

Most of this board is under the umbrella of "average American".
Old Sep 25th, 2003, 11:13 AM       
Well, sure, but what about points one and two?
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Sep 25th, 2003, 11:49 AM       
They used to say that the commies were behind the old union rallies too ... actually they WERE behind a few of 'em ... meh, but that's neither here nor there ... or here either. Anyway, could the reason behind the rallies be the fact that the people are sick of being unemployed and having their soldiers killed overseas in an action that seems to be making little progress? Just sayin'

Wherever you go, there you are.