Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Oct 1st, 2003, 01:06 PM       
Don't dogs come with fur? Or are the manufacturers selling them incomplete and making you buy sweaters as an upgrade?

Quote:
Have you ever bought a cheap backpack?
How about Payless shoes?
Or clothes from Target?
They just don't hold up like their higher price better quality counterparts.
Actually, I find all that high priced designer crap is too fragile to handle my everyday life. I like the moderate priced stuff because its usually double stiched.

And there is nothing wrong with payless shoes.
Vibecrewangel is probably a spambot
Old Oct 1st, 2003, 01:22 PM        Purses
Quote:
Don't dogs come with fur?
Not those new fangled trendy dogs. They have to buy their fur. And the selection just to suit their personality.....
A nightmare I tell you.

Quote:
Actually, I find all that high priced designer crap is too fragile to handle my everyday life
That's because a lot of the companies (Gucci, Prada, Fendi....) have gone to the "trend" side of the line. Their quality has become crap because they are not catering to high end clientele any longer. They are catering to people who want what they see in magazines and could care less about the quality.
If I want to to buy anything "trendy" I usally get it from a cheap source. It's trend...it will be out of style by the end of the season.
I see no reason to spend a lot of money on stuff like that.

Quote:
And there is nothing wrong with payless shoes.
Depends....
Sandals I buy from Payless. I am really hard on them and unless I pay a hell of a lot, I go through them just as fast.

Trendy shoes.....hell yeah. Done by the end of the season. Toss them out or they fall apart who cares.
Now with less sodium!

Immortal Goat is probably a spambot
Old Oct 1st, 2003, 04:36 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoreable
But I dont think that was the point of the thread. I thought it was more about kids. I think there is something wrong with kids not working a day in their lives yet gettin their parents to buy them expensive clothing and brand new cars and cell phones. Most kids like this that want everything handed to them and arent going too be good for society.
Why is it that only a few people have grasped what I was getting at in the first place. It isn't that ALL people that buy that stuff are stupid, it is the people that think that they can go through life being having all this shit and that it will make them happy, whether they learn a damn thing about being human along the way or not.

I do spend money on video games, movies, and the like. But I also do not think that those things will make me a better person. One's posessions do not make who they are. It is what is inside that counts. If, however, people are like my schoolmates, who get Mommy and Daddy to but their purses, shoes, cell phones, and buy them out of legal trouble for getting drunk at a school football game, then me have a serious fucking problem.
Old Oct 1st, 2003, 05:09 PM        Okay
Quote:
One's posessions do not make who they are. It is what is inside that counts.
No, but they are for the most part an expression of who they are. And teenagers rarely have a clue about who they are.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Oct 1st, 2003, 07:47 PM       
I wouldn't be caught dead shopping at Payless Shoes. Only poor people shop there.
Old Oct 1st, 2003, 09:22 PM        Stuff
Quote:
If, however, people are like my schoolmates, who get Mommy and Daddy to but their purses, shoes, cell phones, and buy them out of legal trouble for getting drunk at a school football game, then me have a serious fucking problem.
Then be mad at the individuals. Don't assume that all people that buy or own certain things are "nobody" or that they are doing it because they think it will make them happy or better people.

Besides, they are teenagers. They are trying to figure out who they are. I tend to find fashion one of the best ways to watch that search.
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Oct 2nd, 2003, 04:58 PM       
I'm throwing paint on the next dog sweater I see. rotest

Wherever you go, there you are.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Oct 2nd, 2003, 09:54 PM       
the 200 dollar Purse helps get you laid faster, be more fashionable and have the cutest purse to go with the dress I got last Sunday. Obviously the purpose is purposeful for them. You can make excuses for the shit you daily waste your money on, but can't excuse when someone else purchases something stupid?

If the "decline" is anything, it's a bunch of pretentious hypocrites procuring the role as a virtous defender of cynicism and hatred of needless objects, as if objectifying anti-objectivity. Fuck you, and fuck your fucking stupid unconcerning nature of placebo spirituality.
I fucking waste money on drugs and alcohol all the time all the time, even on books. You ever bought a CD? BLAM WHAT A WASTE. Powertools have a purpose? WHat, to build the towel rack in your bathroom for DECORATIVE towels? To build your shiny 200k house? Why not use a rock? It will work just as well, and it's free. A rock will hammer in a nail just like a hammer will! THEY WILL BOTH HAMMER.
Like I said, fuck your virtous demeaner, you should be talking shit on yourself, and anybody who thinks they live some life of Bliss without the need of foreign objects to pronounce some kind of love, as if you do not idolize meager components.

FS is probably a spambot
Old Oct 3rd, 2003, 06:46 AM       
This thread is a hoot.
Mocker

Old Oct 3rd, 2003, 04:26 PM       
I'm going to give up all my worldly possesions and become a mountain hermit ... only I'm going to be wearin' some of the most rock styly fabo mountain hermit clothes.

BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Oct 3rd, 2003, 05:30 PM       
i grow weed on my cabin roof, and use potato electricity to access the internet.
Mocker

Old Oct 4th, 2003, 04:09 PM       
That's a lot of taters.

BANNED

Old Oct 4th, 2003, 10:09 PM       
I live near a chemical waste dump :/
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Oct 5th, 2003, 10:49 AM       
Quote:
the 200 dollar Purse helps get you laid faster,
Since when do women need to buy expoensive shit to get laid? Honestly, even ugly chicks can go find a guy if they want.
Now with less sodium!

Immortal Goat is probably a spambot
Old Oct 5th, 2003, 10:51 AM       
And the ones that AREN'T ugly just need to ask any guy they want. They would be more than happy to comply. Us men are funny that way.