Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

GAsux is probably a spambot
Old Jun 11th, 2003, 04:30 PM        Dubya gets more bad grades.....
[/url]http://www.msnbc.com/news/925139.asp?0bl=-0

Eh, stupid environment.

Zosimus is probably a spambot
Old Jun 11th, 2003, 05:04 PM       
GA, either your URL is incorrect or the link just "died"... please come again..
ranxer is probably a spambot
Old Jun 11th, 2003, 05:58 PM       
http://www.msnbc.com/news/925139.asp?

President Bush has often praised America’s national parks, but a report card out Wednesday by the largest parks advocacy group gave the administration a D- for what it called policies that undermine the nation’s natural jewels.

“THE PRESIDENT made strong commitments to the American people about protecting our national parks, and the administration has failed to keep them to date,” Thomas Kiernan, president of the National Parks Conservation Association, said in a statement accompanying the report card.
“Our national parks have become a victim of the administration’s policies that exploit parklands for the benefit of special interests,” he added.
The D- represents an overall score based on grades in five categories:
Preserving park resources: F
Visitor experience: F
Park funding: C+
Administration and management: D
Park system expansion: F

IMPEACH THE BASTARD BEFORE ARMAGEDDON!

The group said reasons for the low grade include:
Air quality changes: National parks downwind from coal-fired power plants have seen their air quality diminish over the years. An administration move to give such plants more flexibility on pollution controls was criticized by the group as a “roll back” of the Clean Air Act.
Privatizing NPS jobs: The group noted “an aggressive push from Washington to outsource up to 70 percent of all positions in the already understaffed National Park Service.” Those 2,000 positions, the group said, include archaeologists, biologists and maintenance workers. “This top-down action poses a serious threat to park protection, the experiences of visitors and the diversity of the Park Service workforce,” the group said.
Mining law: The Interior Department last year moved to accept a provision of the 1866 Mining Act that could let county and state governments claim access to streambeds and old wagon roads in areas that include national parks.

"That potentially makes many national park boundaries meaningless by giving state agencies and local governments extensive control over certain types of development, including road building and cell tower construction,” the association said.
In its previous report card two years ago, the group gave the Bush administration an overall D grade.
The full 2003 report card is online at www.npca.org/reportcard.

GAsux is probably a spambot
Old Jun 11th, 2003, 06:05 PM        Yeah
Thanks. I suck.
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Jun 11th, 2003, 06:28 PM       

Zosimus is probably a spambot
Old Jun 11th, 2003, 07:10 PM       
In reality, he should have received a BIG flapping F for "fucker" as he also had promised to minimize the logging of our forests, (Tree's not unlike the beautiful Sequoia he glamorously posed next to in that picture!) He didn't do worth shit to stop any of it, on the contrary he let the damn companies actually take MORE!! Now, as a consequence, we have mass erosions causing disruptions to the soil and that furthering the pollution to the clean waters and springs all around CA! And I better not forget mentioning the utterly disturbed wildlife in all those places!

I say, lets by all means invite him to stay another 4 years on the top! Maybe by then he has put down another 10 more Kyoto-like treaties, stolen and raped his way to more oil, installed a few billion more SUV's, ruined a couple of more nations under the protection of his title and finally puked out whatever was left of the US economy.... RIGHT FUCKIN ON MAN!!!