Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Miscellaneous Forums > Questions, Suggestions, and Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Oct 12th, 2004, 03:00 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by McMock
And don't bitch about not getting a proper answer. You sound like a kid. People have given you a sollution.
you did not read his post. he said specifically what the problem was, and most everyone is giving solutions to a different problem, including you.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Oct 12th, 2004, 03:54 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMilitia
Just incase you didn't know, if you click with the scroll wheel on a link it will open in a new tab. saves all that right clicking business.
Yeah, it's GREAT for when all you want to do is scroll through a page, and you keep accidentally clickin gon links. FIREFOX FOR LIEF.

Now shut the fuck up about browser superiority, and get back to my problem.
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Oct 12th, 2004, 04:34 PM       
No one cares about your problems because you are an asshole. Just do us all a favour and never use a computer again.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Oct 12th, 2004, 05:44 PM       
I'm an asshole when given reason to be, as I said before. You give me more than enough reason to wish a plague upon your house. But the majority of the people in this thread I've tried to be nice to, because they are offering their services.

I'm just frustrated that I can't find a way to FIX the problem, only to ignore it.

McMock is probably a spambot
Old Oct 13th, 2004, 08:52 AM       
Hey I know. Try using google to find the answer!

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Oct 13th, 2004, 09:53 AM       
GOOD IDEA

Raize is probably a spambot
Old Oct 13th, 2004, 09:23 PM       
Once again. Metal Militia provided the correct answer to your problem on page 2. If it is not working, it is because you haven't provided additional information.

Specifically, that your computer was compromised a while back and the: "CProgram Files\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe" file does not look like a "play" triangle with a rainbow of circle around it, and, when double-clicked, does not open windows media player. In that case, you will need to find the binary to download and replace, or, better yet, reinstall windows media player.

If you have reinstalled windows and the problem is still not resolved, I would suggest creating a new user as it might be Application Data settings stored in your profile that is fscking it up.

I do this kind of technical support shit for a living, so you'll have to excuse me as I take the liberty of insulting people online that I don't know, while I try to help them with their technical inadequacies. I don't get to do it with the people that pay me, so I must do it with the people who do not.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Oct 13th, 2004, 11:31 PM       
OK, forgive me if I'm mistaken, but "Play video files in web pages" would mean that... IE will play video files that are embedded into web pages, wouldn't it? I don't see how that option connects to downloading a temporary file. Regardless, I do have that option check. I've also unchecked it and rechecked it just to make sure.

Anyway, I'll look into making a new profile. If it is something in my user data, how would I fix that?

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Oct 14th, 2004, 12:14 AM       
It wouldn't and couldn't be the answer to your problem, but Raize makes up for his inadequacies by being hardcore.
xenosoul is probably a spambot
Old Nov 11th, 2004, 03:44 PM       
Is it really that important to see windows download a file?
"save as" jerkwad