Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Miscellaneous Forums > Questions, Suggestions, and Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 25th, 2010, 03:02 PM        Download (only) is messed up.
I'm really scratching my head on this one. I went to speedtest.net to get my connection speed, and it's all normal at 10Mbps down/1.5Mbps up. My upload speed is fine when sending a file or uploading on a torrent, but my download is consistently at 1kbps or less on both when downloading. I turned off the firewall to see if the exceptions just weren't working (didn't help), and I also turned off avast antivirus for 10 minutes (didn't help either).

Now I'm worried that something is bottlenecking my system or something. If that was the case, wouldn't speedtest.net have gotten a slower speed?

Please help :<
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jul 25th, 2010, 03:56 PM       
On torrents only or also rapidshare and others?
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 25th, 2010, 04:02 PM       
I don't use rapidshare, but I'm working with torrents (uTorrent), and Skype.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jul 25th, 2010, 04:13 PM       
Torrent issue. Maybe your ISP has started throttling torrents and P2P. Do you have Comcast?
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jul 25th, 2010, 04:17 PM       
Double click on the torrent, is up and down set for 0?
CHIEF OF POLICE
Old Jul 25th, 2010, 04:18 PM       
Verizon, just like Choj., and only about 10 miles away. I know he's not having issues.
CHIEF OF POLICE
Old Jul 25th, 2010, 04:18 PM       
And yes, everything's set to unlimited.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jul 25th, 2010, 04:19 PM       
Try a different torrent program.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jul 25th, 2010, 04:21 PM       
For some reason, I had similar trouble where I used to live. I just couldn't get torrents past 1.5 kb/s or thereabout. I can't explain it, except to say that it wasn't my computer.

And I use uTorrent now, which is absolutely wonderful.
CHIEF OF POLICE
Old Jul 25th, 2010, 05:37 PM       
I have never, ever had problems with uTorrent. I ran the auto-tuner in there, and my speeds are about 40kbps on average now, but it doesn't explain what's happening with Skype :<

Also, this is a big torrent with lots of seeds and I should be getting around 600kbps.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jul 25th, 2010, 06:34 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
Try a different torrent program.
I meant to do this as a form of diagnostics.
CHIEF OF POLICE
Old Jul 25th, 2010, 06:39 PM       
Somehow that's fixed now, but Skype still won't go above 1kbps. I'll pick that one back up on another day. I'm done troubleshooting for now, since uTorrent works (somewhat). It's back up to over 200kbps now.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jul 26th, 2010, 05:55 PM       
did you add an exception into your router?

there could also be a problem with wiring but probly not.
CHIEF OF POLICE
Old Jul 26th, 2010, 07:33 PM       
skype is already port forwarded, and has been for the entire time I've been at my parents