Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

90's Child is probably a spambot
Old Mar 19th, 2009, 02:37 PM        Let's talk about weird mythological monsters
Why? Well, I was inspired by Scythemantis of bogleech.com, whom you may know as a member of this forum, and his articles on his website about weird monsters from mythology, so I was thinking, why not do a topic on here about them. Tell us about monsters from mythology that you think are weird as all holy fuck.

My choice is the Bonnacon, a monster described by Pliny the Elder that shoots burning poop out it's rear end for 40 yards! Both horrifying and retarded.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Mar 19th, 2009, 02:58 PM       
Your elusive avatar thats not half as cool as zelda queen's... ?
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Mar 19th, 2009, 03:44 PM       
hAS RUG-BURN
Evil Robot is probably a spambot
Old Mar 19th, 2009, 03:46 PM       
김정일
hAS RUG-BURN
Old Mar 19th, 2009, 03:47 PM       
looks like willie!
Crazy dog woman
the Platinum Poppy is probably a spambot
Old Mar 19th, 2009, 04:45 PM       
In the town, or village (unsure how it should be labelled in english) where I grew up, there is this church that was built 800 years ago. It's protected by a ghost pig that will kill you if you try to enter it at night. When the church was built a big pig was buried alive in the cemetary, in order to create said ghost, which will then function as a supernatural watch dog against thieves for eternity. You'd think that the pig would rather deliberately let people in and help them to all the silver, just to get back at the congregation for burying it alive. But perhaps pigs, whether alive or dead, aren't smart enough to realize that. It's just forever pissed off and willing to attack anyone that comes at night.

There's also this little evil elf that has a big gold treasure somewhere in the woods. He travels around on a little wagon drawn by a black hen. If one manages to follow this elf with eyes constantly open until he gets back home, one can easily take the treasure. Only problem is there's a long ride to the elf's base-camp, so it's basically impossible not to blink during the entire walk. And if one closes one's eyes even for a milli-second the elf will vanish. As far as I understand, the elf doesn't have any reason for going into town in his little hen-ride in the first place except to taunt people.

I bet your own hometowns don't have anything like this to offer!
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Mar 19th, 2009, 05:05 PM       
Those are great. I really like the idea of ghost pig.
Salticidae!
b_squared is probably a real personb_squared is probably a real person
Old Mar 19th, 2009, 05:33 PM       
A liger,pretty much my favorite animal. It's like a lion and a tiger mixed... bred for its skills in magic.

Either that or Manbearpig.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Mar 19th, 2009, 05:42 PM       
LOL NAPOLEON DYNAMITE I LUV THAT MOVIE

That was very funny. Well done.
Crazy dog woman
Old Mar 19th, 2009, 05:48 PM       
I know that in some zoo somewhere there really is a "liger"... apparently tigers and lions can get offspring together given the chance, only in nature they live in different habitats and never have the opportunity.
But I doubt it has any particular magic skills though.
Salticidae!
b_squared is probably a real personb_squared is probably a real person
Old Mar 19th, 2009, 05:56 PM       
Any "liger" in a zoo is not a real liger. It's just an imitation, a liger created by man in his attempt to create a mythical beast.

I know because Napoleon told me so. You shold see his drawings of the magical beast. Freaking awesome.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Mar 19th, 2009, 06:00 PM       
Poppy, has the legendary Jackalope reached your country yet?
Crazy dog woman
Old Mar 19th, 2009, 06:03 PM       
Hm, I googled around and it seems like "Näcken" is peculiar to Scandinavia. So although everyone here knows about him perhaps he's new to you.

This is a creature who usually looks like a really hot guy, and lives underwater in rivers and lakes. He plays the violin more beautifully than any human being. He'll sit perched on a little rock in the water, naked, playing his violin, to lure women to him. But if anyone is stupid enough to wade into the water to reach him she'll get drowned. I have no idea why he's supposed to lure women out to be drowned like that. But according to the myth he has some kind of connection with Satan, so it's probably out of pure evil.
He can also shapeshift into a pretty white pony. When he wants to kill little children he'll prance around at the beach in that form, and if anyone is stupid enough to get up on his back to ride him he'll run out into the water and drown the kid.

I guess there's a moral here. Don't ride unknown ponies, and don't run straight into the water to unknown naked men no matter how hot they are.
Crazy dog woman
Old Mar 19th, 2009, 06:04 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
Poppy, has the legendary Jackalope reached your country yet?
I haven't heard about it... what's it like? Perhaps it just goes under a different name here.
Is a RoboCop.

The Leader is probably a real personThe Leader is probably a real person
Old Mar 19th, 2009, 06:11 PM       
The Jackalope is a Jack rabbit with antlers. People make 'em by attaching pieces of antler to the head of dead bunnies. That's pretty much it, no naked men or pigs or elfs.
Crazy dog woman
Old Mar 19th, 2009, 06:17 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Leader View Post
The Jackalope is a Jack rabbit with antlers. People make 'em by attaching pieces of antler to the head of dead bunnies. That's pretty much it, no naked men or pigs or elfs.
Hey, that's just tasteless.

What if one attached antlers to a human corpse? Does that have a name too? Would it be a humalope?
Is a RoboCop.

The Leader is probably a real personThe Leader is probably a real person
Old Mar 19th, 2009, 06:20 PM       
It would undoubtedly be yet another victim of the Jackalope strangler.
Crazy dog woman
Old Mar 19th, 2009, 06:26 PM       
Skvadern: http://www.skvadern.com/Sajten/skvadern2.htm Half hare, half bird. The origin of the mythos are the bullshit stories of some hunter who lived at the beginning of the twentieth century and always tried to impress his buddies with the wildest hunting stories...
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Mar 19th, 2009, 06:51 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Leader View Post
It would undoubtedly be yet another victim of the Jackalope strangler.
hAS RUG-BURN
Old Mar 19th, 2009, 09:24 PM       
Do eskimos count as mythological creatures? Think about it, if you had never heared of eskimos before and somebody told you that there were people who live in houses made out of ice and eat nothing but whale fat you would say there full of shit right?
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Mar 19th, 2009, 09:30 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by the Platinum Poppy View Post
Hm, I googled around and it seems like "Näcken" is peculiar to Scandinavia. So although everyone here knows about him perhaps he's new to you.

This is a creature who usually looks like a really hot guy, and lives underwater in rivers and lakes. He plays the violin more beautifully than any human being. He'll sit perched on a little rock in the water, naked, playing his violin, to lure women to him. But if anyone is stupid enough to wade into the water to reach him she'll get drowned. I have no idea why he's supposed to lure women out to be drowned like that. But according to the myth he has some kind of connection with Satan, so it's probably out of pure evil.
He can also shapeshift into a pretty white pony. When he wants to kill little children he'll prance around at the beach in that form, and if anyone is stupid enough to get up on his back to ride him he'll run out into the water and drown the kid.

I guess there's a moral here. Don't ride unknown ponies, and don't run straight into the water to unknown naked men no matter how hot they are.
better known here as the Nixie
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Mar 19th, 2009, 10:03 PM       
No mentions of the Jersey Devil yet?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jersey_devil
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Mar 19th, 2009, 11:56 PM       
Just where exactly are you from, Poppy?

Anyway, my personal favorite is the Penanggalan of Malaysia. A vampire woman whose head and entrails detach from her body and fly around:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penanggalan
Crazy dog woman
Old Mar 20th, 2009, 04:40 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanette X View Post
Just where exactly are you from, Poppy?

Anyway, my personal favorite is the Penanggalan of Malaysia. A vampire woman whose head and entrails detach from her body and fly around:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penanggalan
I live in Sweden. Grew up in this little town with about a thousand inhabitants, way out in the country. When I was nineteen I moved to Stockholm, where there are no ghost pigs or evil elves.
Crazy dog woman
Old Mar 20th, 2009, 04:46 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by executioneer View Post
better known here as the Nixie
Hm... did a little google, but seems like "a nixie" is normally female?

Btw, a little town in northern Sweden holds an annual contest for... well... Näcken-look-alikes I think. Here's the link: http://www.näck.nu/ The photo is of last year's winner. Pretty weird, huh?