Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mocker

James sucks
Old Apr 28th, 2003, 06:52 PM        A bunch of people bitching about consoles! How original!

Anyway, I'm sure a bunch of this shit might be found on Gamespot or whatever, but I don't care. I can't read Gamespot while on the shitter.

Also in the news:

-The new PS2 Castlevania brings back the majority of the Symphony of the Night team, takes place in the 11th century (making it the first story in the timeline), and the main character wields a sword and whip. And yes, it's in 3D. And no, it won't suck like the N64 game(s).

-Older news, but whatever. Jean Reno will play a character in the next Onimusha game. Even his likeness is used. I figured you guys don't look at magazines and whatnot often.

-The Suffering is about a man convicted of killing his wife and child in post-WW2, Did he do it? You don't know. Anyway, mysterious murders start happening, and you have to find out what's going on. Depending on your actions, the story changes to reflect your model prisoner-like decisions, or cold-blooded killer attitude.

-X-Men: Legends looks promising. It's a real-time RPG where you can choose from a handful of past and present X-Men, and can develop their powers to your liking. Team combos a must.

-SOCOM 2 will feature such things as vehicles, machine gun turrets, and grenade launchers, and two new multiplayer modes. Hopefully, cheating will be handled a lot better.

-Wrestling games this year look fucking awesome. WWE Raw 2 features a 4-player simultaneous story mode, in which you can team up or go against one another. And Rey Rey is in. Steiner is as well... Sorry.
-WWE Wrestlemania XIX looks AWESOME. A more realistic take will be used for fighting (Rey Mysterio must rely on his high-flying moves against the likes of Big Show, because his punches won't do shit), and the story mode is about being reinstated in the WWE. This leads to fighting in various outside locations, and some seriously kickass shit. Also seen is Undertaker about to give a security guard The Last Ride off the edge of a building. And yes, YOU get to do that. It's not a cutscene.
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Apr 28th, 2003, 06:58 PM       
EGM!

Looks like you got to the NARC and Castlevania news before me. :o
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Apr 28th, 2003, 07:49 PM       
And yes, it's in 3D. And no, it won't suck like the N64 game(s).

3D? pfft...

Castlevania is meant to be a 2D sidescroller type game.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Apr 28th, 2003, 08:06 PM       
I know it seems like that, but only because Konami shoves a new SotN Jr down our throats each year, and the N64 games sucked shit (the guy in the interview even begged fans to ignore them, becuase he had nothing to do with them).

But come on. We ALL would love to see Dracula's castle in 3D and done right. You can only be satisfied with the dollhouse version for so long.
Mocker
whoreable is probably a spambot
Old Apr 28th, 2003, 08:24 PM       
its kinda sad when the only games I really get excited about are remakes or sequels.
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 28th, 2003, 09:08 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mockery
Castlevania is meant to be a 2D sidescroller type game.
you would think that they would already know that, especially when the design team commented on the huge backlash from Cv64.

Grazzt is probably a spambot
Old Apr 28th, 2003, 09:20 PM       
I hope they include second stringer X-Men... It would be cool if they had all the X-Teams. I would love to take names as Captain Britain.
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Apr 28th, 2003, 09:47 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesman
But come on. We ALL would love to see Dracula's castle in 3D and done right. You can only be satisfied with the dollhouse version for so long.
Speak for yourself, I prefer beautifully drawn 2d art to 3d art any day. Always have, always will. Besides, the best I can imagine it being is something along the lines of Devil May Cry, which is a great game (both in play and graphcs) but is nothing compared to a game like Castlevania: SOTN. Stick with the 2D sidescrollers, just because every company and their grandma are using 3D doesn't mean then have to.
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Apr 28th, 2003, 10:22 PM       
I agree that 2d is better than 3d, and i am still skeptical about the new CV, but it's my diehard fanboy soul at work again. I'll play it, same way i'll watch new Simpsons episodes, just in case.
Mocker
Cap'n Crunch is probably a spambot
Old Apr 28th, 2003, 10:44 PM       
If the Castlevania doesn't work out in 3-D, which it probably won't again, they still have the Gameboy to fall back on. There is always a home for the 2-D games. I have to say, that the Castlevania on GBA was pretty fun to play, but that is just me.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Apr 28th, 2003, 11:13 PM       
There are two pictures in the magazine. And it looks definitely like Castlevania. Not that horse shit you saw in CV64 and the would-be DC game. It's dark, gothic, and shows a lot of promis. Think SotN in 3D.

I have a lot of faith in this game, and no, I don't think it'll end up being a close of Devil May Cry. Just wait and see. Next month's EGM will do a whole story on the game, so you can see for yourself.
Son of a Sandworm??!
timrpgland is probably a spambot
Old Apr 29th, 2003, 10:35 AM       
I don't have much problem with a 3D Castlevania. I'd like them to stick 2D, sure, but that is wishful thinking.

It could work in 3D, just look at the transition Metroid made for Prime. It can be done, just has to be done right.

Castlevania 64 could have been a awesome game too, if they changed a few things.

XBOX LIVE: KefkaGrim
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Apr 29th, 2003, 12:01 PM       
Ok, go fuck yourself jamesman.

"There are two pictures in the magazine. And it looks definitely like Castlevania. Not that horse shit you saw in CV64 and the would-be DC game. It's dark, gothic, and shows a lot of promis. Think SotN in 3D."

Yeah, because in the one for n64, it was all bright and cheery and nothing bad ever happened . I'm fucking sick of people bashing it like it was the worst game ever. It had it's flaws but it had a lot of good points. Like tim said, it could've kicked ass if they changed some things. I think the main thing holding it back was the fans of the old ones unwilling to see any changes to their beloved formula that's been used over and over.

Oh yeah, I don't act as if there were 2 n64 ones because there really wasn't. One was just a special edition.

That was very funny. Well done.

Old Apr 29th, 2003, 04:32 PM       
N64 was a terrible system anyway, so why split hairs?
The Unseen is probably a spambot
Old Apr 29th, 2003, 05:09 PM       
If cyclops is wearing his cool new suit in X-men legends ill be disappointed. I hate this Pac-sun look hes got going now

Old Apr 29th, 2003, 05:31 PM       
I hate Cyclops in general.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Apr 29th, 2003, 09:56 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grazzt
No it wasn't. It was a great system brought down by things like nintendo not allowing many mature games.

That was very funny. Well done.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Apr 29th, 2003, 10:11 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grazzt
Shut the fuck up you tastless oaf. N64 was a great system with plenty of good games.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Apr 29th, 2003, 10:16 PM       
N64 was the worst of the next-gen systems. Sure, it had its moments, But all those moments were Nintendo-made games. Same is basically going for the GC. Nintendo would be better off doing what Sega did, and make their Mario games and shit for the Playstation and X-Box. Interest in making games for Nintendo just isn't there anymore.

Getting back to the point, the N64 CV game(s) had horrible controls and camera. They were just done terribly. Sure, if they changed a few things, the game would have been better, but it wouldn't have been a major success.

But like I said, check out next month's EGM when it comes out. They're doing a whole story on the new CV game, so you might wanna read it.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Apr 29th, 2003, 10:43 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesman
Nintendo would be better off doing what Sega did, and make their Mario games and shit for the Playstation and X-Box.
You're kidding...right?

It would look like shit on the playstation, and there are so many reasons why it shouldn't be on the xbox.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Apr 29th, 2003, 11:00 PM       
I'm obviously speaking about when the GC runs its course, and the X-Box2 and PS3 are out.

Besides, the graphics that the PS2 can produce aren't as bad as people like to play them up as. But that's beside the point.

The point is, Nintendo game products have not lived up to both consumer and business expectations, and developers are once again shying away from making exclusive titles for Nintendo. Long story short: If Nintendo keeps on the way they are, you're basically buying a Nintendo system to play Nintendo games, and nothing else. They'd be better off cutting out the system part, and making their money as a third-party developer and merchandising.
Son of a Sandworm??!
Old Apr 30th, 2003, 11:19 AM       
The 64 only sucks to people who haven't played the truly remarkable, yet less popular, games that it has. Seriously. They weren't all Nintendo made either. Too much time bitching and not actually playing. Like usual.

Mocker

James sucks
Old Apr 30th, 2003, 11:51 AM       
Well, give some examples, please. I do have a handful of N64 games, but nothing that I'd say would be one of the greatest games of recent times. Perhaps if you named some of these titles, I could tell you if I liked them, didn't like them, or didn't play them.

But I still stand by my opinion that Nintendo systems are seemingly only good for Nintendo products, in a manner of speaking.
Son of a Sandworm??!
Old Apr 30th, 2003, 01:09 PM       
Sure, I'll name some non Nintendo made games.

I'm sure you already know of the excellent Rare titles. Conker's Bad Fur Day, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Banjo Kazooie, Jet Force Gemini and so on.

To name some non Nintendo titles
-Mischief Makers (top notch)
-Ogre Battle 64 (top notch)
-Harvest Moon 64 (you know that)
-Wrestlemania 2000
-Quake 2 was even a good port
-Mystical Ninja

That's not even mentioning any of the great Nintendo titles. There were even plenty enough of those to keep you satisfied alone. Overall the Nintendo/Rare games really make the system but was that so bad? I mean come on. Those make up some of the best games to date. You really can't put down the N64.

Mocker
whoreable is probably a spambot
Old Apr 30th, 2003, 01:12 PM       
Quote:
You really can't put down the N64.
Controllers anyone? I have to wonder what the fuck they were thinking when they made those. I guess they were new and inovative, but they were shitty as hell.