Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mocker

James sucks
Old May 3rd, 2003, 06:22 PM        SOCOM 2
I'm so fucking getting this game. I only hope I'll at least be able to beat the first level of the original before it comes out.

Anyway, this month's OPM (Official US PlayStation Magazine) has a ten-page exclusive on the game. I've only read one page so far.

Single player campaigns will now include city-like areas, filled with civilians who go about their business (unless the firing starts, I imagine).

Not only is enemy AI vastly improved, but your allies are as well. Example: You tell your ally to Hold Fire. He may see and enemy, and tell you he has a shot, and asks you if he should take it. If you don't answer, or tell him no, he'll wait. If the enemy is at the point where he is ready to shoot you, the ally will tell you he has to take the shot, and will. Sweet.

Boomer's gone. Yay!

There's more, but I want you guys to go check this out. If you ignored the first SOCOM (and apparently, rightfully so. The online game is now infested with cheaters. By the way, that WILL be fixed for SOCOM 2) then take a look into this. All your CS homos will change your tune and shape up to the wonders of SOCOM.
TERRIBLE BEAT
soundtest is probably a spambot
Old May 3rd, 2003, 06:46 PM       
What have you got against CS? There's a reason it's the most played online game in the world. The cheating aspect sucks, but if you play at LAN bars or with people you know it's one of the best gaming experiences there is. If you give it a chance you might find out it's the bees knees and the cat's pajamas.
Mocker

James sucks
Old May 3rd, 2003, 07:07 PM       
I know it's good for a reason, but I've heard a lot of bad about it. Cheating, mods, imbalanced guns, etc.

It's not so much that I have something against CS. It's that I have something against CS fanboys who nut over their Desert Eagle being ridiculously overpowered, and say SOCOM sucks.

Besides, I'm a console gamer. I can't handle keyboard and mouse controls for a FPS or TPS (and I'm not fond of FPS games anyway).