Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

...Pause at the Beginning
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 18th, 2009, 11:05 AM       
I'm going to have to look it up, because I'm curious now. It looks more like fiber optics than ice. Gorgeous, though.

I'm hoping it's not snowing on Christmas day, I have to cross the Appalachians and go home.

And the snow here now is already melting. It kept snowing until 9:30 or so, and now it's 11 and everything's dripping off the roof.

EDIT: that was easy!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Needle_ice
filthiest soap dish
Babs is probably a spambot
Old Dec 20th, 2009, 09:56 PM       
Where you do live at again Aaarg?
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 21st, 2009, 07:55 AM       

In the little excerpt in the corner, the western tip. Somewhere between the dots for Franklin, Waynesville, and Bryson City.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Dec 21st, 2009, 08:35 AM       
There is a place there called Sparta.
filthiest soap dish
Babs is probably a spambot
Old Dec 28th, 2009, 12:31 AM       
Hey Aaarg, we should take a little bit of some mushrooms and lay a top of the hills in your area.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Dec 28th, 2009, 02:20 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhukov View Post
There is a place there called Sparta.

I need glasses bad. I saw Sparta and thought it said Sports.
Old Dec 31st, 2009, 09:40 AM       
Help yourself to the mushrooms, I'll stick to pot!
Old Dec 31st, 2009, 06:11 PM       
California or what? Pretty sweet. Someday I'll go west.
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Jan 2nd, 2010, 10:16 AM       
That's a huge god damn tree. I'd love to see redwoods one day, it's one of my many, many life goals.

We used to have the biggest tree in the Southern Hemisphere in Tasmania, but the government accidentally killed it with fire.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Jan 2nd, 2010, 10:22 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaarg View Post
California or what? Pretty sweet. Someday I'll go west.
Northern California. Lena (my GF) and I drove the Pacific highway one day and looked at beaches and redwoods (we almost got stuck in that redwood park because we rented a car and the fuel gauge was backward from the ones we are used to so we were dangerously close to empty :P )
Old Jan 22nd, 2010, 05:55 PM       
Haha, wonderful!

I look forward to seeing the Pacific coast.

I wanted to take some good pictures but as soon as I got out of the car it started slowly raining and quickly picked up, I turned around ~1/4 mile up the trail and was super pissed (but also super wet and the rising winds made me pretty cold). Did not anticipate rain, was not dressed accordingly, only got some pictures of ice:

Old Jan 23rd, 2010, 02:41 AM       
My internet is spastic at the moment and I can only see one picture. Of ice.

Looks good. For ice.

How cold is it up there about now? We are out of the heatwave period of summer, but it's been crazy with scorching heat and then drenching rain here.
Old Jan 23rd, 2010, 05:18 PM       
There's two pictures of ice and one of a boring trail surrounded by rhododendron and a bit of ice in the middle, haha.

Yikes, we don't get extreme weather like that.

It gets up to the mid-50's (fahrenheit) in the day and down to maybe the 20's at night. Three weeks or so ago we had a few days in which the highest temperature was 17 degrees F.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jan 23rd, 2010, 07:54 PM       
its the australian monsoon :O
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Jan 23rd, 2010, 11:22 PM       
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jan 24th, 2010, 12:53 AM       
are they remaking Bambi as a live-action or something
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Jan 24th, 2010, 02:57 AM       
FUCK THE YOUNG PRINCE
Old Jan 24th, 2010, 06:45 AM       
I like rhododendron. Still not loading for me though. Oh well.

The FIRE picture is, however. That is AWESOME.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jan 24th, 2010, 07:58 AM       
i've seen fires like that i never wanted to look away
Old Jan 24th, 2010, 08:31 AM       
I can't watch a fire unless it's a good one (fireplace, campfire, etc.) and then I love it.

Our neighbor's house was burning a few nights ago, I looked for a second and felt terrible and couldn't look anymore. I don't imagine seeing a forest fire would make me any less uncomfortable.
OH GOD
Old Jan 24th, 2010, 08:53 AM       
well the one i saw was a controlled intentional fire to clear brush off of a clearcut hill rather than a "real" forest fire
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jan 24th, 2010, 08:59 AM       

thats where i got married at :O
OH GOD
Old Jan 24th, 2010, 02:10 PM       
is your wife a mermaid :o
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jan 24th, 2010, 02:20 PM       
he's the incredible mr limpert :O