Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Site Forums > Forum Events
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Nov 21st, 2011, 10:50 AM       
It isn't about post count, it is more about time posting if anything, but 10k has a system to let newbies in too, he should be in touch about it
Forum Virgin
Pharmasweaves is probably a spambot
Old Nov 21st, 2011, 10:56 AM        Am I too late?
you have to make at least 5 posts to send pms or post images

I realize i'm probably too late to get in this thing since i'm new but i can try right?
it is my birthday after all
i cant figure out how to resize my pic so... spoiler tag?
Spoilers!
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Nov 21st, 2011, 11:37 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharmasweaves View Post
you have to make at least 5 posts to send pms or post images
I forgot they did that, that is a recent change by the way
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Nov 21st, 2011, 01:20 PM       
I'm not on the confirmed participants list; did I not sign up right, or am I just not trusted
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Nov 21st, 2011, 02:00 PM       
WHOOPS!
Admiral of the Undead
Thanos is probably a spambot
Old Nov 21st, 2011, 02:36 PM       
Let's get down to business and trade some gifts, shall we?!

filthiest soap dish
Babs is probably a spambot
Old Nov 21st, 2011, 02:51 PM       
Sign my ass up for this!
Recovering Lycanthrope
JohnnyQuest is probably a spambot
Old Nov 21st, 2011, 07:58 PM       
I'm having the same problem as Pharmasweaves - I'm such a lurker that the system won't let me send a PM to 10kv Ghost...
Trying to up that, but my comments don't seem to be adding up!
filthiest soap dish
Babs is probably a spambot
Old Nov 22nd, 2011, 01:10 PM       
This years SS looks pretty promising. OHHHHH CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!
Freelance Artist
The_Punk_Hippie is probably a spambot
Old Nov 22nd, 2011, 06:00 PM       
I'm getting nervous... stupid mail system. I hope my letter makes it there in time!
Cranberry Everything
dextire is probably a spambot
Old Nov 22nd, 2011, 10:26 PM       
I wouldn't get too worried just yet. You signed-up/sent the return letter early enough that I'm sure it'll arrive in time.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Nov 22nd, 2011, 11:03 PM       
I wish this event would lure more people to stay and be active.
Recovering Lycanthrope
JohnnyQuest is probably a spambot
Old Nov 23rd, 2011, 02:28 AM       
Hey, here I am!

Ready for some fun.
Ba-dum-tish. RIMSHOT!

ChrisGlass is probably a spambot
Old Nov 24th, 2011, 07:40 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost View Post
I wish this event would lure more people to stay and be active.
We could always do one in the middle of July...
505, Inferno505
inferno is probably a spambot
Old Nov 24th, 2011, 11:49 PM       
I really want to join this, I can upload a picture in time, but can I send a letter late?
505, Inferno505
Old Nov 24th, 2011, 11:54 PM       
I think this makes my fifth post. Sorry for its exsistance
505, Inferno505
Old Nov 25th, 2011, 12:15 AM       
Hypothetically, could one buy $25 worth of gifts from the dollar store(that may of may not be 50 cans of 2 for a dollar cans of cat food)??????????
Cranberry Everything
Old Nov 25th, 2011, 12:58 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno View Post
I really want to join this, I can upload a picture in time, but can I send a letter late?
Haha, you really like to wait till the last possible second don't you? I hope you don't wait so long to ship your stuff out, if you're allowed in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno View Post
Hypothetically, could one buy $25 worth of gifts from the dollar store(that may of may not be 50 cans of 2 for a dollar cans of cat food)??????????
Uh, did you read the rules? The big bold yellow parts at least? (The answer is no dollar store stuff! )
aint nobody

All Hail Duke is probably a spambot
Old Nov 25th, 2011, 01:13 AM       
i thought the rules were you could have dollar store stuff as long as it comes w/ a (reasonable) quality gift
Cranberry Everything
Old Nov 25th, 2011, 01:19 AM       
Ah, excellent point good sir! You can add dollar store stuff as filler. You just can't make it the majority of what you spend on your gift(s).

Last edited by dextire : Nov 25th, 2011 at 01:22 AM. Reason: hopefully worded better.
505, Inferno505
Old Nov 25th, 2011, 02:40 AM        Hello
Onward to holiday cheer

and such

Last edited by inferno : Dec 2nd, 2011 at 02:45 AM.
SKATASTIC
Old Nov 25th, 2011, 02:56 AM       
Okay. now thats its the 25th I'm just waiting to get letters back from the people that signed up and put their pictures up in time.

Going to start figuring out the zoning and who will be getting who.

If you happen to get someone you already had before just let me know and I will switch it up.
505, Inferno505
Old Nov 25th, 2011, 03:12 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by dextire View Post
Haha, you really like to wait till the last possible second don't you? I hope you don't wait so long to ship your stuff out, if you're allowed in.

Uh, did you read the rules? The big bold yellow parts at least? (The answer is no dollar store stuff! )
I was hoping my gratuitous use of punctuation along with my implying that I was to attempt to mail one person a package of fifty tins of, for cat, liver flavored meat-like meat byproduct would easily convey my tone of jest in my silly questioning of a perceived loop hole (considering the whole package as the gift, one could still buy a gift at a dollar store that has a total monetary value of the agreed value range, which due to each item at said stores being approximately a dollar, would entail purchasing a higher number of such items, as I originally stated, thus not buying one a cheap 99cent gift).
Even though this may have not been clear, even through my quite obvious attempts at satire, your response did not require the use of such an angry face, quite vulgar my sir.
In case my tone is still not all that clear here is a photograph that I feel encompasses my theme:

[I was being silly]
Cranberry Everything
Old Nov 25th, 2011, 11:42 AM       
Ah, you may have some difficulty understanding just how much of a relief it is to see that quite smartly dressed winged-friend. While I fully agree any reasonable individual would see your attempt at jest for what it is, I can assure you that my perceived paranoia is quite founded in fact. For if you look at some of the previous event years you will find several participants who did send an entire box of nothing but dollar store items (though not tins of feline nourishment precisely).

Furthermore, I feel compelled to explain that my apparent "angry face" was meant as more of a "serious face" (as in I'm serious abot not sending a box of dollar store items). You're far too new around here for me to have an opinion of you one way or the other. But I will say being a friend of finely dressed feathered friend is most certainly a step in the right direction.

And with that resolved, welcome to the Secret Santa event and let's have some fun!
SKATASTIC
Old Nov 25th, 2011, 01:49 PM       
I needed everyone to have the things done by 11:59 PM on the 24th though....