PDA

View Full Version : Most BadAss Singer: Then and Now

Paul138
Feb 6th, 2003, 10:19 PM
I'll leave this up to any Mocker who feels bothered enough to reply. If I had to choose I'd say Robert Plant and Serj Tankian.

Ninjavenom
Feb 6th, 2003, 10:32 PM
Did you REALLY have to make so many threads about this? Fuck, why nto make five POLLS about it?

Paul138
Feb 6th, 2003, 10:34 PM
How about Keyboardists? :lol
Just trying to pick up the pace on the Metal forum. It may be overkill, but who cares?

executioneer
Feb 6th, 2003, 10:44 PM
RETARD

-willie

Ninjavenom
Feb 6th, 2003, 10:48 PM
This is the kind of horseshit that made the last one suck. If you're going to make a "best _____" topic, at least cram it all into one larger, gayer topic instead of five smaller, lumpier piles of utter shit.

Paul138
Feb 9th, 2003, 06:05 PM
This is the kind of horseshit that made the last one suck. If you're going to make a "best _____" topic, at least cram it all into one larger, gayer topic instead of five smaller, lumpier piles of utter shit.

I don't see where this analogy between homosexuality and shit is going. :)

The Retro Kat
Feb 9th, 2003, 06:51 PM
Thats probably because you can't capacitate rational thought. If you don't believe me, perhaps the fact that everyone calls you a retard might help. Or maybe if you read one thing you actually write.

Paul138
Feb 9th, 2003, 07:05 PM
Thats probably because you can't capacitate rational thought. If you don't believe me, perhaps the fact that everyone calls you a retard might help. Or maybe if you read one thing you actually write.

Retard? Outrageous! I perfer dumbshitfuckhellassclownmofojacksucker, thank you! :)

I read what I say, and so... It isn't helping me believe anything. Am I suppose to preach?

All hail... something!
Stop following me and kissing my ass!

Helm
Feb 9th, 2003, 09:21 PM
John Arch of early Fates Warning remains my favourite 80's singer. Now it's either Garm of Ulver, or maybe Mike Patton.

CastroMotorOil
Feb 10th, 2003, 08:43 AM
Im doing this because i think it is true and becasue it will piss off everyone here. PHIL ANSELMO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ninjavenom
Feb 10th, 2003, 02:36 PM
Now: I'm going to go with ignorance and say Tomas Lindberg, mainly because i just like his voice the most, and i don't really know what "best" gauges.

Then: Stick with what you know, i guess. Mustaine.

Helm
Feb 10th, 2003, 07:10 PM
Phil is just Patton with less brains. Pobably has a higher range, but what the hell.

Mustane isn't exactly singing. It's like a cartoon sneer. Definately not the best of any time, as I'm sure he'd agree.

Lindberg started a school alright.

Ninjavenom
Feb 10th, 2003, 07:49 PM
Right, like i said, stick with what you know. Since i'm not too keen on "the best" so much as who i like, all i can think of off the top of my head is Mustaine.

The Retro Kat
Feb 10th, 2003, 09:52 PM
Retard? Outrageous! I perfer dumbshitfuckhellassclownmofojacksucker, thank you!...

By kissing your ass you mean verbally harassing you? But its the same thing, right.

You are one dumb piece of shit. I really hope someone oneday takes a sharp, jagged hook, sticks it around one of your ribs, chain you to the back of a car, and drag your ass down the expressway.

If there were more people like Paul in the world, the gun market would be much better.

Paul138
Feb 11th, 2003, 04:34 PM
Retard? Outrageous! I perfer dumbshitfuckhellassclownmofojacksucker, thank you!...

By kissing your ass you mean verbally harassing you? But its the same thing, right.

You are one dumb piece of shit. I really hope someone oneday takes a sharp, jagged hook, sticks it around one of your ribs, chain you to the back of a car, and drag your ass down the expressway.

If there were more people like Paul in the world, the gun market would be much better.

Oh, would you perfer my feet? How about tounge?

I don't know how I can be a piece of shit, even though pieces of shit talk to me, and I don't want a hook around my ribs because I'm not a fish.

Guns? What the hell am I gonna do all day? Shoot stray cats?

The Retro Kat
Feb 11th, 2003, 06:23 PM
Sheer idiocy. You make no sense whatsoever. Will someone back me up, is Paul not the most retarded noob?

Ninjavenom
Feb 11th, 2003, 07:22 PM
Both of you quit your fucking whining.

The Retro Kat
Feb 11th, 2003, 09:19 PM
I will not.

Helm
Feb 12th, 2003, 11:28 AM
Then go whine at some other forum, moron. You are unwelcome here.

CastroMotorOil
Feb 12th, 2003, 11:56 AM
Retro you do realize that buy making fun of paul and bitching about him you make yourself look like a complete n00b? Considering both of you are not that funny at all and your posts just take up space on otherwise halfway decent topics, paul managed to ruin a rare good topic of his and you helped him. so SHUT THE FUCK UP

Paul138
Feb 12th, 2003, 04:36 PM
Whatever.

The Retro Kat
Feb 12th, 2003, 05:08 PM
Hey man, he made an ass of himself first, I couldn't let that go unscathed.

And incidently, Rob Halford is the best of then and now.

skinnycraka
Feb 14th, 2003, 02:46 AM
because

a. she's a chik

b. her throat bleeds after a show (that's fucking angst)

Candace from Walls of Jericho

or

fuck you everything he's touched is good (especially in the six feet under days) ....Chris Barnes

Skulhedface
Feb 25th, 2003, 03:14 PM
Mike Patton. Period. End of story. Although Phil Anselmo is in a close second (As far as actually SINGING goes, this means Down, not Pantera)

Generator86
Mar 1st, 2003, 05:18 AM
Since there's absolutely no way that I'd be able to whittle every singer that I've ever liked down to who's "best", I'm just throwing out some names.

Mike Patton (of course), Chris Barnes, Sylvain Houde from Kataklysm, J.R. Hayes from Pig Destroyer, Jason from Loranhein, Jeff Walker and Bill Steer from Carcass, and while the next two aren't from metal bands, their singing still speaks volumes:

Greg Graffin of Bad Religion and Chris "Pete" Hannah of Propagandhi.

CastroMotorOil
Mar 1st, 2003, 04:41 PM
fully behind you on that skulhead, Down is 10000000 times better then pantera ever will be. Superjoint ritual kicks fucking ass too though, but it really isn't anyhting special, just really cool metal. As a side note i want your icon really really bad lol.

pi|eDri\/er
Mar 1st, 2003, 09:35 PM
best singers....

Mike Patton, Phil, Diamond David Lee Roth

cant touch em'

Skulhedface
Mar 2nd, 2003, 01:01 AM
fully behin you on the skulhead, Down is 10000000 times better then pantera ever will be. Superjoint ritual kicks fucking a stoo though, but it really isn;t anyhting special, just really cool metal. As a side note i want your icon really really bad lol.

Move to Louisiana. Down and Superjoint occasionally (albeit rarely) play local surprise shows and if you know the right people (which helps a lot) you can get in and talk to the band and all, something I've been fortunate enough to do all of ONCE, but anyway...

Which icon? Beavis? Pinhead? Or Bart? LoL

CastroMotorOil
Mar 2nd, 2003, 11:45 PM
beavis, he is my role model

Skulhedface
Mar 3rd, 2003, 01:31 PM
ahh, I see.

I can give you a link to the site I got it from if you want. It has a couple more Beavis gifs.

modulus
May 2nd, 2003, 12:55 PM
Devin Townsend (strapping young lad, hevydevy.com) ownes the best metal singer catagory. It's the graininess of his voice, the way he screams melodies in perfect pitch, and he can actually *sing* whenever it's most effective. and he plays play sick guitar at the same time. I know many of you prefer the straight on growl of death metal, and in that style I submit to you the singer for the now non existent band Gorefest. Morbid Angel-ish in pitch and meanness, but you can easily understnd the words he says. Killer. If you can find the cd False from them, get it. You'll love it. Actually, I could submit the drummers from Gorefest and Strapping Young Lad as the best drummers ever as well. And the guy who said Gene Hoglan was the best from "then" has probably not heard any of Gene's new shit. I just saw SYL live and Gene is the drum god. :love

Biledriver
May 18th, 2003, 04:49 PM
Oderus Urungus.

Helm
May 19th, 2003, 08:24 AM
Gene is kickass, but listen to Cryptopsy's drummer :O No contest.

Mike_Patton_Owns
Aug 19th, 2003, 04:10 AM
i dont think i even need to answer