PDA

View Full Version : Garfield Trailer?

SLjimbo
Dec 12th, 2003, 03:59 PM
Eariler today, the trailer for the new Garfield movie was released and non-surprisingly, it was absolutely horrible. Probably the most offensive thing that came out of the trailer was the fact the role of Odie was being played by a real life dog that doesn't even look Odie at all and Garfield appears to be more hyperactive than being lazy.

However, the trailer was pulled online without notice. I don't know what happened to it or if it will be back up again.

More on this here http://www.cinecon.com/news.php?id=0312124.

Zbu Manowar
Dec 12th, 2003, 07:22 PM
I watched it earlier. It took a dump on my soul.

Tropical
Dec 12th, 2003, 09:13 PM
why dosn't garfield look like garfield?

Ant10708
Dec 12th, 2003, 09:28 PM
What a horrible idea. >:

"In it, the article revealed that contrary to previous Internet rumors, both Garfield and Odie will be CGI characters, and not just Garfield. It was previously reported that Odie and Nermal would be real-live animals, with their voices animated like in the movie "Cats and Dogs."

Garfield and Odie "really look like real animals more than like the cartoon character you're used to seeing in the strip. With computer-generated imagery, these animals really look alive. These are cartoony, but they're more realistic. The cat has fur.""

Odie looked like a real dog in the teaser and if he was CGI why the fuck doesn't he actually look like Odie. I can only imagine how reatrded Nermal will look.

The cat has fur. I'm sure that will make up for the sheer shitness of this movie.

Zbu Manowar
Dec 12th, 2003, 09:37 PM
And Bill Murray's voice is nowhere near Lorenzo Music's. In fact, it doesn't sound much like Murray at all. In fact, AHHHHHH!!!

Tropical
Dec 13th, 2003, 08:36 AM
I want to stab Jim Davis for letting this happen

Supafly345
Dec 13th, 2003, 08:54 AM
Jim Davis hasn't come out with anyhting good since the early 90's. For heaven's sake, all his sunday comics are 9 frames long with 8 of them looking exactly the same.

Anonymous
Dec 13th, 2003, 09:43 AM
I kinda like the 3d garfield, but he looks out of place in the real world :/

Maybe if it was all 3d like a pixar thing it'd be good, or if they'd just made a really long 2d cartoon like the TV show it'd be good.

And Supafly is exactly right. I have no idea why there's no plot to the comics anymore. There was Arlene and Garfield's thing and Jon and Liz's thing, but now it's just a neverending story of this sort of crap:

[Huge Garfield banner]

[Frame 1 - Garfield lying on his stomach]

[Frame 2 - Jon walks in]

[Frame 3 - Jon says, "Garfield, you're lazy!"]

[Frame 4 - Jon walks out]

[Frame 5 - Garfield lying on his stomach]

[Frame 6 - Garfield lying on his stomach]

[Frame 7 - Garfield lying on his stomach]

[Frame 8 - Garfield lying on his stomach]

[Frame 9 - Garfield says, "No, I'm not."]

Who the fuck reads that and actually LAUGHS?

HickMan
Dec 13th, 2003, 11:07 AM
I would rather see an animated movie with nothing but flashbacks to the show than see this. EVER.

Daphne
Dec 13th, 2003, 11:25 AM
And Bill Murray's voice is nowhere near Lorenzo Music's. In fact, it doesn't sound much like Murray at all. In fact, AHHHHHH!!!

THAT is your biggest problem with what you've seen? That's like seeing holocaust footage and saying that Hitler's moustache looked off center.

AChimp
Dec 13th, 2003, 11:45 AM
This will be the worst movie ever.

CrazyAmericanScum
Dec 13th, 2003, 03:07 PM
That's like seeing holocaust footage and saying that Hitler's moustache looked off center.

That about sums it up.

Royal Tenenbaum
Dec 13th, 2003, 03:15 PM
That had to be one of the worst trailers ever. I've always hated Garfield though, since I don't think it's ever actually had a funny moment, but I am truly dissapointed in Bill Murray.

Protoclown
Dec 13th, 2003, 06:03 PM
OH NOOOOMY GOD I THINK A PART OF ME JUST DIED!!!!!!1!!ONE

:goth

Snatchtastic
Dec 13th, 2003, 06:57 PM
Yes, the trailer is indeed CRAPPIER than the comic strip.

EverythingWillSuck
Dec 13th, 2003, 07:04 PM
lol, jon's house looks nothing like the one in the old cartoon. :(

Immortal Goat
Dec 13th, 2003, 09:14 PM
I think that that movie will beat out Cat in the Hat for biggest raping of a beloved childhood memory in my book. That definitely was NOT Odie, and for the love of fuck, Garfield's mouth is not supposed to MOVE!

Emu
Dec 13th, 2003, 09:19 PM
Is Jim Davis dead or something?

Protoclown
Dec 13th, 2003, 09:53 PM
For at least 20 years by my reckoning.

Mike P
Dec 13th, 2003, 10:06 PM
He's actually doing a new comic strip based on Mr Potato-Head. I'm guessing Davis is really bored with Garfield and wants to kill it instead of gracefully ending it like Gary Larson or Bill Watterson. The key to ending a series is to end on a high note, after all.

Zbu Manowar
Dec 14th, 2003, 12:07 AM

THAT is your biggest problem with what you've seen? That's like seeing holocaust footage and saying that Hitler's moustache looked off center.

That's because I've blocked the rest of it out of my mind. Post-tramatic amnesia. You think I want to remember that piece of bullshit?

Fuck, the only thing that made me stop from stealing a car and heading to Hollywood with a gun is that damn hot chick in that Virgin Mobile commericials. The blonde one, not that daffy bitch with that pubic hair undergarment.

Esuohlim
Dec 14th, 2003, 12:18 AM
I still say they should have Bill Murray walk around in a Garfield costume with a giant hole cut out for his face.

Zbu Manowar
Dec 14th, 2003, 12:23 AM
And with a hole out the ass so he can spray liquid shit at people, just like a real cat.

Command Prompt
Dec 14th, 2003, 02:28 AM
I really hate when people bitch at other people for selling out. Garfield had a good run, but now, between royalties and world wide syndication, Jim Davis must be sitting on large piles of money, because all his bank accounts are full. Can you really fucking blame him for being lazy?

No matter if you are a musician, writer, actor or whatever, EVERYone has thier price.

Big Papa Goat
Dec 14th, 2003, 03:15 AM
I don't care that Garfields sold out, it just sucks. It hasn't been good for a long time, and the problem is he wouldn't end the strip when it no longer had any room for originality.

Perndog
Dec 14th, 2003, 03:33 AM
Can you blame him for being lazy sitting on his piles of money? No, but you'd think sitting on piles of money would give him enough free time for some quality artistic output (NOTE: I don't read comics very often so I don't know how good Garfield has been for the last four years).

Protoclown
Dec 14th, 2003, 11:03 AM
No matter if you are a musician, writer, actor or whatever, EVERYone has thier price.

Bill Watterson doesn't have a price.

Drev
Dec 14th, 2003, 11:21 AM

Bill Watterson doesn't have a price.

He's right. That's the main reason Calvin & Hobbes ended. Companies kept bugging him and bugging him to expand the comic to other forms of media and make things liek shirts and toys and other crap, and yet he still denied all of it. Thus, he ended with (very well, I might add) to stop all the companies from trying to make his comic yet another commercialized slave.

BTW, there were runors Watterson was thinking of bringing Calvin & Hobbes back. Is this true?

Snatchtastic
Dec 14th, 2003, 11:28 AM
Not sure of the resurection of Calvin and Hobbes but Berkley Breathed creator of Bloom County and Outland is back in the sunday funnies with Opus and his adventures in the antarctic.

AChimp
Dec 14th, 2003, 12:21 PM
So far I'm not really impressed with the new Opus. :(

Studio8
Dec 15th, 2003, 02:15 AM
I think Garfield is a really stupid name.

Jixby Phillips
Dec 15th, 2003, 02:51 AM
Garfield sucks!

Man this movie is going to ruin Garfield!

Garfield sucks!!

Studio8
Dec 15th, 2003, 02:56 AM
Yeah, good point.

pjalne
Dec 15th, 2003, 05:52 AM
Doesn't Jim Davis have a Garfield staff these days? I remember Breathed talking shit about him because his strip wasn't funny and he barely even had anything to do with it himself anymore.

Command Prompt
Dec 16th, 2003, 01:17 PM
So far I'm not really impressed with the new Opus.

In a break with tradition, I agree with you.

Outland sucked too. It got WAY to weird.

Bloom County was the BEST cartoon strip EVER.

Snatchtastic
Dec 16th, 2003, 02:35 PM
I went to Garfield High School and there was a painting of Unicron on the wall.

The best thing about Outland was the Mortimer Mouse short and the collapse of The Walt Disney Empire. And in one scene Snow white and some dwarves have chains around thier necks and theres a sign that says, "DRAW OR DIE." Dopey is crying because he's the Janitor.

executioneer
Dec 16th, 2003, 02:36 PM
SNUGGLEBUNNIES SNUGGLEBUNNIES SNUGGLEBUNNIES

-willie

NES Boy
Dec 16th, 2003, 09:11 PM
I hope this has Jon's pathetic attemps to get a date over the phone. Here is an example. (http://images.ucomics.com/comics/ga/1999/ga991228.gif)

executioneer
Dec 16th, 2003, 10:08 PM
HEY THATS RIGHT THEY ONLY DID THAT IN APPROXIMATELY 40% OF ALL GARFIELD STRIPS IN THE PAST 25 FUCKING YEARS

-willie

Zbu Manowar
Dec 28th, 2003, 02:19 AM
40% of a Garfield strip? What the fuck did he do, pull a word out of the dictionary and beat some of his workers until they said something funny about the word, then make a whole week's worth of strips from it?

Yeah, that sounds about right. Maybe two weeks if the worker kept mumbling after falling into pain-induced delirium.

sports
Dec 28th, 2003, 04:00 AM
1. ..............AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Fix Garfield, don't make his mouth move.

3. Make the dog CGI.

4. Prepare for it to bomb badly and lose millions for 20th Century Fox.

Ghost of Fraiser
Dec 28th, 2003, 04:30 AM
Oh what's next....

http://www.angelfire.com/apes2/captainnemo/doo.jpg

Ghost of Fraiser
Dec 28th, 2003, 05:03 AM
Or....

http://www.angelfire.com/apes2/captainnemo/wow.jpg

Ghost of Fraiser
Dec 28th, 2003, 05:35 AM
:eek OR!!! :eek

http://www.angelfire.com/apes2/captainnemo/cos.jpg

Emu
Dec 28th, 2003, 10:43 AM
The thing is, the poor quality of the more recent ones makes it hard to enjoy the old ones. It has that "I wish it were still the good ol' days" feeling.

KevinTheOmnivore
Dec 28th, 2003, 01:48 PM
Doesn't Jim Davis have a Garfield staff these days? I remember Breathed talking shit about him because his strip wasn't funny and he barely even had anything to do with it himself anymore.

Yeah, I've heard the same thing, that he has a staff that he merely "collaborates" with, and they just put his name on it. The man is apparently looked down upon these days in the comic strip bizzz.......

CaptainBubba
Dec 28th, 2003, 02:02 PM
A live action Foxtrot movie could actually be good. :/

And they left out Peter. :rolleyes

Esuohlim
Dec 28th, 2003, 04:58 PM
Actually, FoxTrot is pretty damn funny. :(

Ghost of Fraiser
Dec 28th, 2003, 05:54 PM
yeah but if i put in Peter, I would have to put in the blind girlfriend, and if i put her in, i would have the put in the magical talking cartoon cane she has.