FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Mocker
thebiggameover is probably a spambot
Old Jan 14th, 2004, 03:24 AM        location of gta 5
http://www.1up.com/article2/0,4364,1429583,00.asp

Grand Theft Auto Bound For San Andreas?
By Alex Fraioli
1/8/2004

Take-Two Interactive has recently registered several names through the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office that more than likely point towards the location of the next game in the wildly popular Grand Theft Auto series. Rumors of a Vegas-based Grand Theft Auto game, "GTA: Sin City," have been running rampant for a while now, but the names registered so far show nothing to do with the city that never sleeps.

Three titles were registered by Take Two, including GTA: San Andreas, GTA 5, and GTA 6. The first two are all but confirmed to be one and the same, with a sixth entry in the series ready in the wing if and when the games' tried and true success continues. If Take-Two is considering placing any GTA game in Las Vegas, there are currently no registered names relating to such a project at this time.

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas/GTA5 is expected to hit the market before the end of the year. Expect an official announcement from Take-Two in the near future.
Puddle Pirate! ARRRR!
DamnthatDavid is probably a spambot
Old Jan 14th, 2004, 02:52 PM       
Thank you for the old info, your quick thinking and even quicker posting has assisted me in not forgetting the infomation.

If you never played the original...
Mocker
Old Jan 14th, 2004, 10:33 PM       
What are you talking about? no i never played the first gta...
Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Jan 14th, 2004, 10:40 PM       
zoom
eggyolk is probably a spambot
Old Jan 14th, 2004, 10:43 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebiggameover
What are you talking about? no i never played the first gta...
That's great. Your virgin eyes weren't corrupted by the sin and shit that was GTA.
Location: In that place where i didnt know where we were before
Comrade Rocket is probably a spambot
Old Jan 15th, 2004, 12:24 AM       
Well had you played the first one, you would have known that the first area you played in was called Liberty City. GTA3 took place in Liberty City. The Second Level in GTA1 was Vice City, and the second PS2 GTA game was called Vice City.

And im sure you can guess the last area in GTA1. Yeah thats right San Andreas. It was a West Coast city. I think it was suppost to be LA or San Fran. i cant remember.
Mocker
Old Jan 15th, 2004, 12:50 AM       
and the press cant figure that out? all they been saying is "SIN CITY!" "SIN CITY!" "SIN CITY!"

drunkbrigade is probably a spambot
Old Jan 15th, 2004, 09:13 AM       
Well besides what the location of gta5 is gonna be, im just wondering what new vehicles are gonna be featured in it....
Mocker
whoreable is probably a spambot
Old Jan 15th, 2004, 09:24 AM       
I am just wondering if it will be any different from gta 3 and vice city.
kitatsdiuqil
liquidstatik is probably a spambot
Old Jan 15th, 2004, 03:34 PM       
GTA3 was the best. Vice City wasn't as much fun, in my opinion. And they didn't add many new features to the game. Hopefully this one will be a lot different!
zoom
Old Jan 15th, 2004, 04:15 PM       
Agreed. Liberty seemed so much more gritty, whereas Vice you were blinded by pink neon.
Mocker
Mr. Vagiclean is probably a spambot
Old Jan 15th, 2004, 07:25 PM       
just add ducking jumpin outa cars and shooting tires to GTA3, and it got self a eternal fan
Old Jan 16th, 2004, 12:38 AM       
I think they should make it online...

has anyone ever played a network game of GTA or GTA2? I swear, hours were wasted in class using the school network to play those with friends.

And what I want to know were they are gonna place GTA6.

SLjimbo is probably a spambot
Old Jan 16th, 2004, 03:49 AM       
Just to update the news piece, Take Two have also registered for GTA: Sin City, Bogota, and Tokyo.

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/462/462261p1.html
drunkbrigade is probably a spambot
Old Jan 16th, 2004, 04:52 AM       
Hmm a japanese yakuza style Gta game....Sounds interesting. Good wholesome Sword fighting fun for the whole family.
Whiter than Alabaster
the_dudefather is probably a spambot
Old Jan 16th, 2004, 08:02 AM       
i hope it has better graphics and multiplayer, and the ability to fire from motorcycles.

kitatsdiuqil
Old Jan 16th, 2004, 01:17 PM       
I dun know about making it multiplayer. It seems it would take a crap load of work on their part. And, most likely, it'll turn out crap.
S.I.D.S. is probably a spambot
Old Jan 16th, 2004, 01:41 PM       
All I have to say is "Grand Theft Auto: Motor City" or something

living in detroit myself, i know it would be a crazy game
zoom
Old Jan 16th, 2004, 04:02 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dudefather
i hope it has better graphics and multiplayer, and the ability to fire from motorcycles.
The stupidity of this post angers me.
Puddle Pirate! ARRRR!
Old Jan 16th, 2004, 04:55 PM       
Quote:
I dun know about making it multiplayer. It seems it would take a crap load of work on their part. And, most likely, it'll turn out crap
Depends on how they make it. If they make a MMORPG then they better spend ages on perfecting it, and balancing it, or it will die.

But if they make multiplayer as a side feature, bonus multiplayer games you can play, bonus 2 person missions, and even a limited capture the flag type thing for LAN games on a mini city, then it might work out great. Only work for X-Box I believe, which sadly, I don't own.
kitatsdiuqil
Old Jan 16th, 2004, 05:00 PM       
If they were to make it multiplayer, an MMORPG would be the coolest. :/
Puddle Pirate! ARRRR!
Old Jan 16th, 2004, 05:40 PM       
Not really, unless they rework the MMORPG style. :/
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Jan 16th, 2004, 07:06 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidstatik
If they were to make it multiplayer, an MMORPG would be the coolest. :/
...You're retarded

Why the fuck would you want to ruin a great game by throwing out all the elements that make the game good and throw in leveling up and classes and more stupid shit?
Old Jan 16th, 2004, 07:18 PM       
Me and my friends have had constant conversations about this. Altough a MMORPG sounds fun, you really need to understand that it would be majorly difficult to play. Because you would never be able to get a car because someone would steal it. You would never be able to walk around, because someone would run you over. and you just know some asswipe would camp at the hospitals and kill everyone as soon as they spawned. Also, any missons placed in it would be a joke.

If anything they should have like about 10 to 20 people a game. That way you can opperate indepentdantly. You should also be able to change your alliances, like if you want to be with the Yakuza or the Russian mob. That way, you can have friends help or hunt you. Imagine how cool it would be to steal a truck. Your driving and your friend is in the back. You drive by your enemys hidout taking everyone who falls in the cross hairs. Then you get chased by them. but your friend is able to hold them off, till one of them gets your tire and you swerve off the road. Both of you sprint as you finally get to a plane and fly back to your base.

Oh man, I would buy this the day it came out.
Puddle Pirate! ARRRR!
Old Jan 16th, 2004, 08:24 PM       
Quote:
If anything they should have like about 10 to 20 people a game.
Like a Diablo2 type game.

But I figured out something for a MMORPG.
(but this would work even better Trigger's Way, a log on and play type thing like Diablo2 crossed with a game like Counter-Strike.)

Leveling Up: Leveling up will be broken, and only direct practice at skill will add skill points to it.
Example: The more you use a shotgun, the faster you will load, fire, and have better accuracy. Someone who is skilled in shotguns, will be able to auto tires, depending on a chance when targeting the car.
(Sniper Skill would be direct link to how Good you are. You start with crappy Sniper Rifle with weak scope. Higher levels get .50 cals, able to punch through a car's hood if the car is not upgraded)

Cars: The more you drive, the more car "quests" you complete, the faster the response of the car will be, and allow you to store the better cars inside a "Car-Lot Bank"
Example: You level 1, you start off with the worse car in the game. The More quests complete, the better the cars you can store inside the Car-Lot Bank. You can still any car, and the best cars will be rare. But once it saved in the Car-Lot Bank, you can continue to get them.

Higher levels will be able to unlock Heli's, boats, and car upgrades. (Nos, turbo, Car Armor, etc.)
Car Experiance Goes into Either New Cars, or Upgrades for your existing cars. You decide.

Military Vehicles will be unlocked by completing high difficulty military missions, which require large ammounts of team work.

I see it as a mix between Battlefield1942, Planetside, Need For Speed Underground and GTA. It will be a mix of different types of cities and servers. You can use your same charachter on any different server, each server for a different thing.

Gang War servers Cities: Second Largest of the City Server Type. Able to hold 64 people. 32 vs 32. (Size of 1 island in Liberty City)
3-4 different maps. Random Gang HQ where you spawn.

Race Server Cities: Large Stretches where you can race cars, and show off tricked out rides. (best place to find new cars, or jack them from other people)

Street Life Server Cities: Free For All. The Good old GTA that you love. Largest of the Cities. Missions and everything else happens here. (Size of the entire Vice City World, and beyond)