Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Red, dead meat!
Carnivore is probably a spambot
Old Mar 24th, 2003, 03:57 PM       
Your solution doesn't cure the disease. The crappy schools will continue to get crappier if no investment is made in them. As for vouchers, unless they cover the full cost of a private school, the poor will not be able to use them. Forcing schools to compete are like forcing inner-city, working class kids to compete against suburban, middle class kids without any equalizer. The well-off ones will come out on top.

As for curriculum, nothing pisses me off than people who don't grasp basic concepts of the English language. I'm only for "group feeling" sessions (pervert :P) in an after school setting.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Mar 24th, 2003, 04:26 PM       
Meanwhile, go back to your sources and you'll find that none of the missiles fired by Iraq turn out to be SCUDS.

It's like the friggin' patriot missiles. Page one banner headline, Patriot Missiles Save World. A few months later, page 52, Patriot missiles turn out to have missed all targets.

I strongly suggest not believing ANY news from ANY source until it has time to have been verified by multiple sources.

VinceZeb is probably a spambot
Old Mar 25th, 2003, 01:45 AM       
Carnivore, there should be NO equalizers in a free society when it comes to competition for jobs. All that does is pander and make people look inferior. By proxy, your statement says that blacks are dumbasses and need The Man to look after them because they cant learn for themselves. Anyone can look at the statement you made and assume that. I truly hope you don't mean it that way. Anyone that thinks like that is demeaning a whole group of people based on facial structure and skin color, and that is pretty fucking sick. Anyone that would race-patronize me would get my foot up their ass.

Vouchers for the most part cover the full cost of private school. I doubt it would be sad if schools had to compete. Competition is what the real world is about, so why should educational facilities be an exception. Dont colleges compete for students? And if the crappy schools didn't keep up to the expected standards of their customers (the tax-payers), then the schools go bye bye. Companies die off all the time if they cant fulfill needs. It happens, and shitty schools need to be buried so the kids can be free to learn at better ones that will equip them for the real world, and not the liberal pixie-dust fairy land.

If there is anything that I would think that would make decent black folk want to cause a riot, it would be when they tried to pass Ebonics off in Oakland as a language. That is the most P.C. pandering bunch of crap I ever came across. Instead of making students learn to talk proper english, they just said "Screw the standards and lets set one that is lower." I guess to them, blacks weren't smart enough to be able to speak English.

It reminds me when I used to work for a call center. One of my bosses was a well-educated black man who was the American Dream. Worked two jobs, always dressed professionally, the whole bit. His co-workers, who were mostly women from temp agencies who kept producing babies and whined about getting free food stamps (Yes, they actually talked about this). They gave him shit about wanting Bush to win, gave him crap about how he spoke, about how he didn't use slang. He just stood there and smiled. He now started up his own fashion design company online and the rest of the morons who ridiculed his blackness are still stuck in the same sucky job I left two years ago. Considering every job I have had in St. Louis before my current one I have been the extreme minority in the staff, I have been able to get a good view of what the world is like "on the other side", so to speak.
Red, dead meat!
Carnivore is probably a spambot
Old Mar 25th, 2003, 01:59 AM       
I made no mention of race and no mention of applying equalizers to job competition. I am talking about equal access to education. Schools in urban areas do not suck because of unions or poor cirriculua. They suck because of a weaker tax base and, consequently, poor funding. State of federal funds are needed to equalize education. Vouchers just undermine the public education system, an important part of what makes America great.

VinceZeb is probably a spambot
Old Mar 25th, 2003, 02:14 AM       
We give money to these schools and build them up to be better than what the surburban kids have, even better. But ya know, that is the problem with the liberal viewpoint. I am not saying this is your own. But the viewpoint of just throwing money at something to fix it is faulty at best.

Going to dwell back into my personal life for a bit, and its a good analogy: I used to be one tubby fat fuck. 6'4" and almost 500lbs. I was up shit creek. Now, I always had access to the best exercise equipment and trainers, but I was too fucking lazy to do anything. I was never motivated.

One day, I met a girl who really liked me. I was suprised and shocked, of course. So, I decided to get into shape for her. So I went out, not able to access the best items, and i lost weight. Now, after 3 years of going at it, I am down now to about 225lbs, an approximate.

Now, the moral of the story is that you can throw money and nice computers and visual aids at students all day long. If the teachers suck and the school is unsafe and everything else is horrible, the kids wont be motivated to learn shit. Its feel good liberalism of "just doing something" instead of "getting something done" that would have eventually killed me and what is going to screw the children of the future.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Mar 25th, 2003, 05:25 PM       
*fuck my Internet connection*
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Mar 25th, 2003, 05:30 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceZeb
Taking the tax money out of failing schools, allowing parents to use the SAME TAX money that is paid to go to a different school that they CHOOSE, creates that much-needed competition!
No, it will just create really empty buildings and buildings where kids fall out of the upper floor windows because they're so packed.

You are acting as if it's the SCHOOL that makes kids smart, where it is in fact PARENTS creating a nurturing environment and encouraging children to learn that makes the difference. I have seen people as dumb as dogshit attending private schools (very motivated teachers!), and people who could be the next Einstein attending regular public schools (very unmotivated teachers! )

The school has very little to do with anything, other than providing more material to learn.

Say, isn't it good Conservatism to enforce solid family values? No, we better just send our kids to "better" schools so they "learn more."
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Mar 25th, 2003, 05:38 PM       
All I get from your epic weight loss story (and believe me, it was a SHOCKER! I never would have guessed from your constant mentioning of your fitness that you used to be a "Tubby Fat Fuck") is that your a stimulus response type guy. All you needed was the proper cheese to get you going. Now I'm glad as hell that worked for you, but to extrapolate from the fact that needing to impress a girl made you give a crap about yourslef to funding schools... well, shouldn't we be offering our students good looking partners? Is that what your getting at?

The Moral of this story. PFAH! Sheeple.
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Mar 25th, 2003, 06:16 PM       
SO DID YOU GET THE GIRL OR WHAT????