Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Title
Jeff The Ninja is probably a spambot
Old Feb 18th, 2009, 01:26 PM        Friday the 13th part 3 in 3-D, or pure disappointment in a dvd case.
First off, the packaging in this release is fantastic, the 3D glasses look awesome (especially when compared to the Elm Street box set pair) and im a sucker for any cover with that kind of 3D thingy on the cover.

The problem i have is with the actual 3D movie, Namely that nothing works, things only look good when they are really far away, but any kind of close up scare falls flat because you end up seeing double. If anything, it makes it much less enjoyable to watch as a result.

Also, ive heard that the original release didnt use the Red Cyan glasses that the movie came packaged with. Is this true.

Founder of the E.P.O.A.E.P.I.C.A.P.H.W.H. Looking for Recruits

XBL Gamertag: KING HATESTAR
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Feb 18th, 2009, 02:51 PM       
Thanks for telling me, I asked Rog when he did his review and he never said if the 3d was good or not.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Feb 18th, 2009, 03:16 PM       
I'm glad you said something because I was seriously considering it and that sort of thing is a big expenditure for me.
Title
Jeff The Ninja is probably a spambot
Old Feb 18th, 2009, 10:28 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
I'm glad you said something because I was seriously considering it and that sort of thing is a big expenditure for me.
It depends on how much you are willing to spend really. I found it for 25 bux packaged with part 1 uncut (Which is very much worth it just to see Kevin Bacon's death scene in all its glory) and if you don't have the Box Set, then its worth getting as Part 3 is one of the better movies in the series and the Glasses, as I said above, look awesome and are a pretty cool collectors item.

Also, to add to the bad, The title screen is not in 3D.

BONUS REVIEW
http://www.slantmagazine.com/dvd/dvd_review.asp?ID=1469

Founder of the E.P.O.A.E.P.I.C.A.P.H.W.H. Looking for Recruits

XBL Gamertag: KING HATESTAR
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Feb 19th, 2009, 04:39 AM       
I haven't had a chance to watch part 3 yet. Watched part 1 the other week though and it was indeed great. Hoping part 3 is better than you say it is Jeff. I'll report back once I've taken a look.