Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Comics 'n Books
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Amicable Herculean
captain516 is probably a real personcaptain516 is probably a real person
Old Sep 23rd, 2010, 02:20 AM       
Batmanga-The Secret History of Batman In Japan
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Sep 26th, 2010, 10:25 AM       
Going to finish Hellboy vol. 10 and then MAYBE start Under the Dome. It's a biiiig fucker.

That was very funny. Well done.
Amicable Herculean
captain516 is probably a real personcaptain516 is probably a real person
Old Sep 28th, 2010, 07:55 PM       
Batmanga kinda sucked. Still worth reading for the novelty, though.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Sep 29th, 2010, 03:44 AM       
I'm eating fried rice off of a bus time-table with a steak knife.
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 29th, 2010, 03:51 AM       
Wrong thread
Dr Tongue's 3D House
The Doctor is probably a spambot
Old Sep 29th, 2010, 06:19 AM       
Treasure Island found a copy of it and Tom Sawyer in my parents basement, so i figured I would give them a read. I am enjoying Treasure Island it has obvious plot twists but an enjoyable read.
Shadowdancer21b is probably a spambot
Old Sep 29th, 2010, 11:14 PM       
I'm reading "A Dirty Job" by Christopher Moore. It's a bit emotional but still some laughs to be found. Not one his best though.
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Sep 30th, 2010, 12:42 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLE View Post
Wrong thread
Even after reading the last two pages, I still felt the need to get it wrong
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 30th, 2010, 04:10 AM       
I respect that.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 16th, 2010, 02:42 PM       
Just finished reading "A Dark Sacrifice", a fantasy novel I picked out of the bargain bin at Borders.

It was a surprisingly interesting read, and it ended on a big cliffhanger. Unfortunately, when I say it "ended", I mean it really ended. It didn't sell well, so the author never wrote any more books in the series. So nothing was ever wrapped up.

How's that legal?

Dr Tongue's 3D House
The Doctor is probably a spambot
Old Oct 16th, 2010, 08:39 PM       
Just picked up The Kitchen Readings: Untold Stories of Hunter S Thompson
Old Oct 16th, 2010, 10:41 PM       
Reading "Chill Factor". A novel in the Deathlands series by James Axler. Not highbrow by any means, but entertaining. Also avoid the Deathlands movie. It's a Syfy original and therefore blows.

Last edited by Shadowdancer21b : Oct 16th, 2010 at 10:42 PM. Reason: corrections
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Oct 18th, 2010, 08:38 PM       
Finished Under the Dome a little over a week ago. It was pretty gosh-darned good!

That was very funny. Well done.
Old Oct 21st, 2010, 03:23 AM       
That's good!

I'm reading Guantanamo, by David Hicks. He was an Australian wrongly detained in Guantanamo Bay for 6 years and tortured. It's pretty horrible the stuff they did to him, and I feel really ashamed that this kind of thing goes on.
Old Nov 14th, 2010, 12:36 PM       
Red Dwarf by Grant Naylor. Yes this novel inspired the series, and yes, there are differences. The novel has a considerably darker tone. I mean really, really much grimmer. The characters are identical in their portrayal however, so that was good to see. I hate it when characters get changed in the transition, but Naylor wrote the television script too, so we saw none of that. Much of the book is in the series, but it goes more into Lister's backstory and also there is quite a bit that didn't make it into the series, such as the evolution of the cats and what their holy war was about (not the color of the hats at the hotdog stand, but rather the name of Holy Mother Frankenstein's protector and their savior. Cloister or Clister.) It was an entertaining read, but I was depressed at the end. It's very well written too. So I give it four out of five.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Nov 14th, 2010, 02:20 PM       
Found my copy of Love All The People. It's funny, reading stand-up bits.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Nov 14th, 2010, 02:40 PM       
I read through Deadeye Dick in one sitting this morning. IT IS NOT ABOUT DICKS. Recommended

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Nov 14th, 2010, 02:48 PM       
derecommended
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Nov 14th, 2010, 04:57 PM       
Pffft

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Nov 14th, 2010, 05:20 PM       
Dickommended
Old Nov 22nd, 2010, 06:48 AM       
Metro 2033. I heard it was 'alright' but not great, but the allure of a Russian author sucked me in. It's alright so far.

It has the usual Russian literary charm involving lots of exclamation marks and oft lost in translation descriptive writing, but there's a good portion of the book where the author must have gotten bored and just decided to skip ahead with the story and not bother writing about boring bits or things that must have been too difficult to explain, or that he couldn't figure out continuation for.
Unfunny Python Reference
Ex Leper is probably a real personEx Leper is probably a real person
Old Nov 30th, 2010, 11:50 PM       
I'm Dreaming of a Black Christmas the newest book by Lewis Black
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Dec 1st, 2010, 12:49 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhukov View Post
Metro 2033. I heard it was 'alright' but not great, but the allure of a Russian author sucked me in. It's alright so far.

It has the usual Russian literary charm involving lots of exclamation marks and oft lost in translation descriptive writing, but there's a good portion of the book where the author must have gotten bored and just decided to skip ahead with the story and not bother writing about boring bits or things that must have been too difficult to explain, or that he couldn't figure out continuation for.
how's it compare to the game
Old Dec 1st, 2010, 08:42 AM       
Well I haven't played the game, but my brother has it and he's going to lend it to me or copy it or whatever.

It got better towards the end, then a bit stupid, then alright, then good, then it was over. The book, that is.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 6th, 2010, 03:45 PM       
Just started reading Be Ready When the Sh*t Goes Down.

I never expected a book by two MMA fighters to be this funny. If fighting doesn't work out for Forrest Griffin, he could be the next Maddox.