Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Snake_Storm is probably a spambot
Old Oct 15th, 2010, 11:42 PM        a very special boardgame from my youth.
A while back i was in speech therapy for a nasty stutter that thankfully is gone now and left me be. During my time there i got to experience a number of games i NEVER would have gotten to try at home.

One of them, from what i recall, you moved your pieces around a series of bridges in order to reach an idol which i may have imagined was both cursed and golden. you lost if the brindge was destroyed and your character fell into a drwing of molten lava. It was quite fun, and i always wanted to play it.

My enthusiasm for it was dampened however, by the discovery of a then brand new board game: The Omega Virus. I Played it with my speech therapist and it was like a big bag of crack. from the computer's voice to the concept of an alien virus running loose in a space station, i don't think we ever won, the virus having gotten us every time.

Am i the only one to remember this game? Am i the only one that thinks it's totally awesome even as just a concept?

i gave up on board games in my teens but these two always stuck with me. Now if i can only remember that one game's name...
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 15th, 2010, 11:53 PM       
Forbidden Temple. I thought you were quitting the boards after your arduous one day stay.
Old Oct 16th, 2010, 12:11 AM       
why should i? sure i've been a bit down and something bizarre did happen with my brain last night, But i spend 75% of my day here anyway.

an alchoholic doesn't abandon his bar after one bad drink. This place feels like home now. Rog has been nice, helpful and patient with me so far, and that's far more than i expected of him.

You don't meet many decent human beings online, he simply impressed me. that's all. it ain't much, but i figured i'd stick around and see what happens here. Perhaps i've finally found a forum i can just chill out at. i need that most right now.

and thanks. that titles been driving me nuts for about nine years.
Is a RoboCop.

The Leader is probably a real personThe Leader is probably a real person
Old Oct 16th, 2010, 10:36 AM       
Well, he had a speech therapist so it's not that big of a stretch that he's retarded in some way.
Old Oct 16th, 2010, 10:49 AM       
Two ways assholes. I have Asperger's syndrome and ADHD. was diagnosed before doctors really even knew what having asperger's syndrome meant.

you see my brain is malfunctioning on two different levels, something i've struggled with since i first became capable of comprehending ANYTHING. The stutter was easy, that was just some symptom in the autistic spectrum. but i am not retarded. several people have made that comment before and not only is it stupid, it's also ignorant. if you wanna rip on me for just being the new guy, for crying out loud, get it right.
Dr Tongue's 3D House
The Doctor is probably a spambot
Old Oct 16th, 2010, 11:42 AM       
I remember at University during a "special learners" class I thought it was ass-burgers
Old Oct 16th, 2010, 12:25 PM       
me too until i saw how it was spelled. Listen guys, i don't mean to be a killjoy here. i don't mind being the new guy, it's just i'm not retarded. quite honestly i was a straight A student in normal public school.

many people make that assumption and it just irritates me. i may be many things, but i'm not intellectually challenged.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Oct 16th, 2010, 12:52 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake_Storm View Post
Two ways assholes. I have Asperger's syndrome and ADHD. was diagnosed before doctors really even knew what having asperger's syndrome meant.

you see my brain is malfunctioning on two different levels, something i've struggled with since i first became capable of comprehending ANYTHING. The stutter was easy, that was just some symptom in the autistic spectrum. but i am not retarded. several people have made that comment before and not only is it stupid, it's also ignorant. if you wanna rip on me for just being the new guy, for crying out loud, get it right.
Oh god, another "I have assburgers" cry baby. Just leave now.
Old Oct 16th, 2010, 12:54 PM       
never.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Oct 16th, 2010, 12:55 PM       
I sure Rog is gonna love hearing from you every day. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHA
Dr Tongue's 3D House
Old Oct 16th, 2010, 12:57 PM       
I wonder what an ass burger would have for toppings and condiments?
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 16th, 2010, 12:58 PM       
You know, it's easy to be patient with someone when they're only around for one day.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Oct 16th, 2010, 01:01 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard_Drizzle View Post
after three or four years of reading every single article on i-mockery i got up the nerve to shoot ROG and email and quite honestly, he was not a big conceited jerk. i can both like and respect that.
Here's what really happened.

Lizard_Drizzle : Hello Mr. Barr, I am writing you in regards to your article which you posted a few days ago. I too have had the same feelings and was surprised to find another like me! Oh by the way, since I have AssBurgers I feel the need to use this as an excuse for all of my behavior.

RoG : Hey dude, thanks for the PM. Glad you like our site. I hope we can keep you entertained forever and ever.

Lizard_Drizzle : OMG! HE LIKES ME!
Old Oct 16th, 2010, 01:03 PM       
subtext like that is lost on me. get a brick and pound it in, if you wouldn't mind explaining.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Oct 16th, 2010, 01:04 PM       
AKA : Mommy can you do this for me, I'm too tarded.
Old Oct 16th, 2010, 01:11 PM       
yeah, whatever. just keep typing away. Not the first time i've been ridiculed. not gonna be the last. I'm all for freedom of speech and the ingnoring of political correctness. i just pity you. You're as ignorant as people were in the fifties.

How would you like being called retarded by everyone you met when you weren't? it gets old. fast.

Thinkwhat you want. i'm not so screwed up i can't rise above it. There's a line between "Comedy" and just being insane.
CHIEF OF POLICE
Old Oct 16th, 2010, 01:13 PM       
This place isn't called i-comedy, though. That's not quite our goal.
Old Oct 16th, 2010, 01:19 PM       
i'm fully aware. most of you folks aren't so bad, but then this nightmare of a train wreck showed up and started acting like a psychotic, antisocial jackass. and i know well of what i speak.
CHIEF OF POLICE
Old Oct 16th, 2010, 01:22 PM       
No, they're just making fun of you in a fairly normal manner, to be honest.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Oct 16th, 2010, 01:25 PM       
Hahahahaha I fixed JOAT, I think I need to apply my medicine to this one as well. You can now refer to me as Dr. Tadao.
Old Oct 16th, 2010, 01:28 PM       
i suppose. i always was the sensitive type. i just joined the forum because i happen to share a lot of interests that seem to be predominate around here. Sorry about posting so much. i have nothing better to do. i guess i'll just take it all with a grain of salt. i'm here to participate. not defend how i am.

So without further ado, bring it on.
CHIEF OF POLICE
Old Oct 16th, 2010, 01:29 PM       
More like Shit_Storm.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Oct 16th, 2010, 01:30 PM       
It's already begun, look at how anxious you are to get it over with, that's the first indication that the technique is working.
Old Oct 16th, 2010, 01:33 PM       
that's it? come on, get your fill.
Dr Tongue's 3D House
Old Oct 16th, 2010, 01:36 PM       
The Omega Virus looks pretty neat-o, but still no FireBall Island