Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old May 31st, 2003, 03:34 PM        this makes me sigh
http://www.cnn.com/2003/EDUCATION/05...eut/index.html

anybody ever wanted to read "Moby No-No Spot," "A Male Human Being from the Northern United States in a Chauvinistic Male Leader Arthur's Court," or "Metaphorically Height Challenged Female Individuals?" well, that day may not be far off.
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old May 31st, 2003, 04:13 PM       
It took me a while to figure out "Moby NoNo Spot", and it was brilliant.

But, ya, lets santitize all the textbooks and rewrite classics of literature. That is exactly how we can fix the toilet of an education system in this country.

Quote:
She says a lot of people are having fun finding new titles for Ernest Hemingway's "The Old Man and the Sea" which presents problems with every word except "and" and "the." Ravitch said old is ageist, man is sexist and sea can't be used in case a student lives inland and doesn't grasp the concept of a large body of water.
Or, you just teach him basic geography so he actually know what a "sea" is. I mean, come on. "The Old Man and the Sea" is a junior high-early high school assignment. If you don't understand a simple concept by the, you shouldn't be going that far.

FS is probably a spambot
Old May 31st, 2003, 04:21 PM       
Personally, I think words as a whole should be banned. They offend blind, deaf and mute people. To mend this, we should only convey our feelings towards one another through a series of interpretive sexual positions, not unlike the communication among bonobo monkeys.

Or, everyone who has time in their busy life to take offense to these farfetchedly offensive things should be systematically (and surgically) deprived of all sensory input, after which they're dumped in a cage with small food dispensers and several rabid boars. This all should be televised for the sake of entertaining children.