Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

FS is probably a spambot
Old Sep 18th, 2004, 03:04 PM        Anachronox
I picked this up cheaply a couple of months ago and more or less threw it aside when it wouldn't immediately work. Later on I went looking for a patch and got it working and was surprised to find that it's a really entertaining, funny and long game with a good storyline. I normally hate RPGs with turn-based fighting and so many items to pick up that you don't even have time to equip them before you've found a better one, but in this case I could easily look past that - especially since you don't get attacked every fifth step, but you can see enemy zones from afar. There's a few bugs and serious oversights on the designers' behalf, but there's still a newer patch I have to check out.

Still, even though it got good marks from gaming mags and sites, it seems like the game got largely overlooked by consumers. It came with a promise to download new planets to explore (and fight on) and editors with which you'd be able to build your own planets, but it doesn't seem like much came out of that (there's just http://www.planetanachronox.com, which isn't much as far as I can tell).

So, anyone here know it? Right now I'm download files which make up kind of a feature-length movie using the cut-scenes, some material from fights and game interaction, and unused sound effects.

Driscoll is probably a spambot
Old Sep 18th, 2004, 05:06 PM       
Fuck YES!

God, I used to play Anachronox like it was some gift from the gods or something. It had everything: humor, good story, and excellent gameplay. I never could find all the red bipidri.

But yeah, Anach is great. Pity it won't install on my machine anymore.