Being a Canadian currently living in Los Angeles (thankfully only for 2 months, so I can get out of America The Target) I can say the following things:
1. Canada is better if you are not an ignorant, conservative douche-bag. Also, if you like being scared of terrorists even though you live in a cornfield, stay in America.
2. Gas is EXACTLY the same price! Our gas is like 80 cents a litre, CANADIAN. That is 64 cents American a litre, and 3.8 litres make a gallon, so it's 2.43 dollars a gallon. About $2.25 is how much gas costs in Los Angeles.
3. Canada is much more liberal. Sometimes for the good - gays can marry in Manitoba and 4 other provinces, pot is looked at as being pretty mild in terms of crime. Sometimes for the bad - occasionally someone gets a really, really miniscule sentence for beating a person to death with a pool ball in a sock. There are pro's and con's, but, from what I can tell, the pro's outweigh the cons immensely.
4. Housing is insanely cheap in Winnipeg compared to most cities. In LA I split a $1200 cnd (about $975AMR) rent, where in Winnipeg I could get the same place for about $600 cnd in an ok area. Obliviously every city has super shitty areas, but, comparatively, it's pretty good. You could live in some of the "bad" areas in Winnipeg and not be that worried about safety. In a "regular" neighbourhood there are the occasional crimes, but it's pretty damn low. People leave their doors unlocked in the day when there is more than one person at home.
5. In terms of jobs, move to Alberta, especially Calgary. It's the fast growing city in Canada and has the best economy.
6. If you are looking for places with stuff to do, move to New York or Los Angeles. Anywhere else you can basically get the same shit from any city with a million or more. Winnipeg has about 700,000 people, so you can see most films, and we get the occasional good concert. Also, there are lots of restaurants.
7. If you want to go to school, Canada Universities are generally really cheap. Those of us on the board that go to the University of Manitoba pay about $3500 a year with books and get a decent enough degree.
8. The only places that would be against Americans in Canada would be certain parts of Quebec, but those places have problems with CANADIANS! If you come to any other place, bad mouth Bush a bit, people will love you and your money.
9. Why don't you just come visit a Canadian city for a bitand find out for yourselves, damn it?