Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

=======

Preechr is probably a spambot
Old Jul 17th, 2006, 11:13 PM        Who among you...
Who among you would not remake the world in your own image?

You might say you wouldn't, but I would then ask you by what method you'd prefer to do so.

This is in part a "philosophy" board, right? Is that what this is?

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jul 17th, 2006, 11:23 PM       
Isn't a reflection of a reflection identical to the original reflection?
=======

Old Jul 18th, 2006, 05:44 PM       
Maybe that's physics.

I'm not sure.

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jul 18th, 2006, 06:18 PM       
Well it's physical so i guess it would be "Physics".

I think if one individual made the world, and it conformed to their likes and dislikes, it would be very boring. Instead of having apple trees we'd have pizza trees and whatever other food the person enjoys, but no pineapples because man does that guy hate pineapples. Everybody would, naturally, be like that person, or be the sort of person that individual wants them to be. Basically the world would probably become their favorite color, and horribly limited in scope and appeal ;/
Individuality would probably cease to exist. I guess it depends on what you mean by image, though.
My first thought was that man was made in god's image, so that if the world was made in man's image technically it'd be in God's image ;/
=======

Old Jul 18th, 2006, 06:29 PM       
You are talking about other people while the question was asked of YOU.

BANNED

Old Jul 18th, 2006, 06:39 PM       
I'd probably only change small details so I thought it'd be boring.
=======

Old Jul 18th, 2006, 08:18 PM       
I doubt that, but why do you think you say so?

Archduke Tips is probably a spambot
Old Jul 18th, 2006, 08:28 PM       
I wouldn't make the world in my image. But I'm not sure what you mean when you say "by what method you'd prefer to do so."

If you mean how would I make the world...
I wouldn't make the world.
It's not my part.
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old Jul 18th, 2006, 08:52 PM       
Specially engineered virii which rewire the brain to make everyone succeptible to my every whim would be my method of choice.

And my first Commandment would be to "chill the fuck out".
=======

Old Jul 18th, 2006, 08:59 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussoNWM
I wouldn't make the world in my image. But I'm not sure what you mean when you say "by what method you'd prefer to do so."

If you mean how would I make the world...
I wouldn't make the world.
It's not my part.
Whether or not you'd want to force it upon everyone, given the chance and the methods that would suit you, you'd solve all the world's problems somehow, right?

What type of methods would that be?

=======

Old Jul 18th, 2006, 09:02 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggytrix
Specially engineered virii which rewire the brain to make everyone succeptible to my every whim would be my method of choice.
But what would you say to them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggytrix
And my first Commandment would be to "chill the fuck out".
Smell on my hippie brother!

Don't worry. Be happy, ya'll!

Mocker
Old Jul 18th, 2006, 09:14 PM       
Imagine a world full of only Mennonites...
BANNED

Old Jul 18th, 2006, 09:27 PM       
"I doubt that, but why do you think you say so?"

Because if you change too much life on this planet would probably cease to exist. "hey, I'd like to fly! Let's get rid of that old stiff gravity, we don't need him around!" Death.
=======

Old Jul 18th, 2006, 11:01 PM       
Ziggy, you're a libertarian... and kahl, you're really close to buying into ID.

Banned

Juttin is probably a spambot
Old Jul 19th, 2006, 02:12 AM       
Quote:
In the beginning, the universe was created. This made many people angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move
Mocker
Old Jul 19th, 2006, 09:21 AM       
you quoted my favorite dead athiest!
BANNED

Old Jul 19th, 2006, 12:22 PM       
"and kahl, you're really close to buying into ID."

What are you talking about? I don't think anybody ever argued that evolution wasn't intelligent. Not only is there evolution but there's a vast scientific body, and I can't think of a single part of it that's incomplex and unintelligent. You know, they do have scientists working on this shit. Those scientists are usually pretty smart, and they usually solve some mysteries.
Old Jul 19th, 2006, 05:29 PM       
Oh, sorry, I understand the question now.

I would create robots to kill everyone on Earth. Either that or zombies. Or maybe some bastardization of the two.
=======

Old Jul 19th, 2006, 11:26 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn
What are you talking about?
It's not my responsibilty to explain that kind of stuff to you, kahl. I say stuff, you figure it out. That's how this works now. Me attempting to help you along only ever stalls the process. I've said it before: You are very bright. You don't need my assistance in this regard.

=======

Old Jul 19th, 2006, 11:26 PM       
Quote:
I would create robots to kill everyone on Earth. Either that or zombies. Or maybe some bastardization of the two.
Simpsons did it.

BANNED

Old Jul 20th, 2006, 12:57 AM       
It was obviously rhetorical, but I'm sure you understand that.
Old Jul 20th, 2006, 05:25 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preechr
Quote:
Simpsons did it.
When did they do that?? wtf? Must have been after their show started to suck.