I have to use OS9 at work and my old school and college always had Macs. I never understood why everything was so scaled down from real computers. Now that I've been at a job for a year where my boss is a big fat Mac addict and we ALL have to use Macs I wanna bitch.
1. No right click. It's so hard to find any options on a Mac.
2. The bundled software. It's all Itunes this and Ihooker that. I'm tired of getting bundled software that is a service for selling you crap. In the commercials they say Mac's get more bundled software and PCs take forever to set up. I have set up a dozen PCs on XP home and they are up in almost immediatly and you know what? Aside from free copies of AOL they have assloads more free software then Mac. I mean Calculater? Has Steve Jobs even used a PC since 95?
3. Quicktime, my old arch nemesis. I suggest if you have .mov files to use VLC media player. For one thing the .mov format is ripe for popunders and exploits even for Macs. As i understand in it's early development it was gonna be a pussy version of Flash. At least Windows media player doesn't CHARGE for maximizing to full screen or open another pop up window full of ads as if it's doing me favor. Then it sets itself to the startup menu everytime you useit as if deleting it from there must be an awful user error which it must fix. Oh and .mov file size is to big.
4. Everything and I mean EVERYTHING is designed to be compatible with Windows, IE, and Windows media first and foremost. As such this leaves you screwed 98% of the time. You know why they call it PC gamers? Cause there is no such thing as a Mac gamer.
5. Updates. Bitch all you want about spyware (yes you can have it too) and viruses (Havent really been a problem for me) I get to try out new software and get problems of incompatibility FIXED. I have to use OS9 at work cause Tiger osX is INCOMPATIBLE with my work software. Will it ever be fixed? maybe, will it cost you? damn right.