Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

View Poll Results: What do you think of the MOCK WARS SEASON?
I like it and will likely compete. 11 44.00%
I like it and will likely watch. 9 36.00%
I like it in theory, but suggest changes. 1 4.00%
I don't like it. 4 16.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LET'S GET IT ON
Mock Wars Admin is probably a spambot
Old Apr 2nd, 2007, 06:17 PM        Mock Wars Season
The Mock Wars Season is an idea that's being tossed around at I-Mockery HQ regarding what we do with the 11 months that don't have traditional Mock Wars action. DEFINED:

The Mock Wars Season is a year-round mock war that will generally have less strict time constraints and which decides who competes in the annual tournament. There will also be online rankings and achievements.

As for the specifics:

People sign up for the Mock Wars Season and PM their available dates for mock warring to the Mock Wars Admin (myself). Then, they are paired with available competitors of the same tier on matching dates (tiers are like 'weight classes' for the Mock Wars. Think 'heavyweight', 'middleweight', and 'cruiserweight'. With tiers, we can have matches that are more 'fair' to all the competitors). The matches are ranked and the results will be made publicly available on mockwars.com, along with the bio information the participants provide. The competitors are ranked according to a number of things (including the rank of their opponent, their margin of victory, etc.), and the top 10 competitors per tier get automatic entry into the annual MOCK WARS TOURNAMENT (the Mock Wars Tournament needs 16 competitors per tier, so the remaining 6 spots will be filled via a simplified qualifiers round).
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Apr 2nd, 2007, 10:04 PM       
duck season, fire!
Banned

Womti sucksWomti sucksWomti sucksWomti sucks
Old Apr 3rd, 2007, 09:22 AM       
I say we just have one long mock wars thread. isnt that what this forum is for anyway?
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Apr 3rd, 2007, 04:36 PM       
So, Womti, you suggest we take the worst part of the tournament (qualifiers) and corral it into something longwinded and pointless. I SEE.
I b Willies Cookie Tester
Lenor sucksLenor sucks
Old Apr 3rd, 2007, 06:22 PM       
How would the placement of each category be done?

This could start not only a new-era on I-mock, but a debate for those a little egotistical.
Mocker
ScruU2wice is probably a spambot
Old Apr 3rd, 2007, 07:25 PM       
I think having seasons is a way better alternative to the "free for all" which gets really unfocused really fast.
dipshed
GADZOOKS is probably a spambot
Old Apr 3rd, 2007, 07:33 PM       
I like the Mock Wars as it is! I think people will end up getting disinterested!

But we SHOULD do away with qualifiers, or at least keep it to one thread and one post per person. IT COULD BE LIKE THEIR MYSPACE, A REAL POST TO SHOW THE FOLKS WHO'S TRULY YOU AND TOTALLY COOL!

OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Apr 3rd, 2007, 09:36 PM       
we should have like a monthly or quarterly thread and a corresponding voting thread or something
Lenor sucksLenor sucks
Old Apr 3rd, 2007, 09:49 PM       
How about we all just join hands and sing cumbyla (sp)?
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Apr 3rd, 2007, 11:33 PM       
If I can compete, I will, but at the moment it's more likely I'll only have time to watch and/or judge matches.
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Apr 4th, 2007, 12:33 AM       
I don't like this idea, because I know that I would get tired of the Mock Wars if they went on all the time, and I probably wouldn't care enough about the "real" Mock Wars to bother watching/voting on them. People can challenge whoever they want in a mock fight thread, but the actual official shit that people judge on should only happen once or twice a year.
Adult Adaptor
Cliff Steele is probably a spambot
Old Apr 4th, 2007, 10:05 AM       
I don't see there being enough quality participants
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Apr 4th, 2007, 02:47 PM       
what proto said
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Apr 4th, 2007, 03:15 PM       
If you guys really want a year-long thing, I'd suggest just turning the qualifiers into a seperate, earlier competition. Constant mock warring seems like it'd get old fast.
The Goddamned Batman
Old Apr 4th, 2007, 06:44 PM       
Why can't I click on this poll and see who voted for what, like I can with the others?

WHAT'S WITH YOU, POLL??
OK
Black Flag is probably a spambot
Old Apr 4th, 2007, 07:44 PM       
also i think this being a constant thing would attract more of the brawl hall types
Banned

Old Apr 5th, 2007, 02:51 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin View Post
So, Womti, you suggest we take the worst part of the tournament (qualifiers) and corral it into something longwinded and pointless. I SEE.

we should have an HP+ sytem. it would be like a pokemon battle
Banned

Old Apr 5th, 2007, 02:55 PM       
for example based on the potency of someone's mocking, the higher they score. that way the thread wouldnt be pointless. all you'd need to do is set a limit, and who ever reached/passed the limit would win. and if you set the limit really low, I dont think any of these threads would be too long. you see, it's like measuring the width of something. if you set a low point limit, then the match is short. the higher the point limit, the longer the match. or depending on any scoring system you would want to introduce, it could go on for any period(s) of time.

Last edited by Womti : Apr 5th, 2007 at 03:44 PM.
Lenor sucksLenor sucks
Old Apr 5th, 2007, 03:00 PM       
IN ENGLISH PLEASE!!
Banned

Old Apr 5th, 2007, 03:44 PM       
that's as english as it gets.
Lenor sucksLenor sucks
Old Apr 5th, 2007, 04:12 PM       
Dude, are you saying we should turn the Mock Wars into a game of pokemon?

I am taking a wild guess that this is what you are referring too.

I have never played pokemon,digimon, or any sort of that shit. I played MAGIC once, back in 01' and I wasn't sober :/
The Goddamned Batman
Old Apr 5th, 2007, 04:27 PM       
How the hell are we supposed to measure the "potency" of someone's mocking?

I think womti just wants to catch Chojin in a little red plastic ball.
Lenor sucksLenor sucks
Old Apr 5th, 2007, 04:40 PM       
'I CHOOSE YOU CHOJ-A-CHOO'
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Apr 5th, 2007, 04:52 PM       
Given that no-one would hold a gun to your head and make you read the mock wars season, does its MERE EXISTENCE still reduce your enthusiasm for the annual tournament?

Or is there a misconception that people would have matches every week? The next polls are going to be about length and frequency of mock wars season matches.

Part of the idea of the Mock Wars Season is that it would give the Mock Wars a presence outside of the 1 month it's running, and therefore (hopefully) more people would know when the tournament is happening and show up for it. Giving the wars exposure on the main site of i-mockery is great in a lot of respects, but it redirects a different crowd to the tourney, and Joe "Slurpee Thievery Gag! LOL" Internet isn't necessarily a member of the pool from which we should be drawing our participants. YUNNO? So, promotion on the forum would be a good start and Rog is notoriously afraid of doing that outside of the traditional "A THREAD OUGHT TO EXPLAIN ALL THIS" format. Not to mention that another hope for the Season would be to draw attention to the forums to help grow them like a KOI.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Apr 5th, 2007, 05:43 PM       
AS OPPOSED TO A BETTA FISH?
Closed Thread