Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Jul 25th, 2003, 06:30 AM        Saddam's Dead Kids
Here. Second post down.

FS is probably a spambot
Old Jul 25th, 2003, 06:44 PM       
I am fucking outraged by the way these bodies are hauled about, and I'm not even sure why. Lord knows I couldn't care less about the feelings of Saddam or the respectability of his sons, but the way the pictures of the mutilated bodies - now "reconstructed" with a handful of mortician wax - revolts me everytime I see it, and not because of the gruesomeness. It's like a complete 180 from the outrage that existed on the American side when Al-Jazeera showed footage of dead coalition soldiers. As if doing something this disgusting doesn't count because Uday and Qusay were monsters. An eye for an eye, basically. I'd really like to see someone cry wolf over it, but I don't think anyone dares at the risk of being labelled a traitor.

What drove the US government to release pictures of the bodies so fast? Is this a direct consequence from the hounding that they receive for their incircumstantial evidence to kick this war off? Handful of polled Iraqis say they don't believe it's true - WHAM. Pictures! Handful of polled Iraqis say they still don't believe it's true - WHAM. Waxed-up pictures. What's next? Are they going to equip them with Disney animatronics so they can go door-to-door in Baghdad to convince the people they're really the bodies of Uday and Qusay Hussein?

Zero Signal is probably a spambot
Old Jul 25th, 2003, 07:32 PM       
The dead Americans were POWs. Otay and Qbert were not. Not saying the Americans are more important in any way, just one objective view of it. :/

Zero Signal is probably a spambot
Old Jul 25th, 2003, 07:52 PM       
"Televised images of the bodies of Saddam Hussein’s sons shocked many Arabs, who said Friday that it was un-Islamic to exhibit corpses, however much the brothers were loathed."

They said not a WORD when the bodies of murdered American POWs were shown on Al-Jazeera, but if you show a Muslim then it is suddenly taboo. Please, STFU.

"“Although Odai and Qusai are criminals, displaying their corpses like this is disgusting and repulsive,” Saudi civil servant Saad Brikan, 42, said in Riyadh. “America claims it is civilized but is behaving like a thug.”"

To their credit, I have never heard of an Arab nation accused of being civilized.
Mocker
ScruU2wice is probably a spambot
Old Jul 25th, 2003, 09:26 PM       
When iraq showed dead POWs it was like a glimpse compared to having a tent and making it a museum exhibit with television cameras being invited in so everyone can "make sure" its them. i think dental and dna should be good enuff, there was no need for the pictures of mutilated corpses

as for the whole claim that its disrespectful to show dead bodies on friday, its all bullshit. Friday is a sabbath for us muslims, showing there bodies on any other day makes absolutley no difference religously.
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Jul 26th, 2003, 12:42 PM       
Quote:
i think dental and dna should be good enuff, there was no need for the pictures of mutilated corpses
Tell that to the people living in fear they would return. I don't think their molar X-rays would have covered it.
Mocker
Old Jul 26th, 2003, 01:01 PM       
then why are u releasing the pictures on american tv? show the iraqi people it was absolutely unnecesary to be posted on all the news networks in america. or invite iraqi people to see it rather than journalist. There are always gonna be skeptics, i mean sum people still dont believe we landed on the moon. regardless are these guys ever gonna be barried or sumthing? no matter what there still humans, dont get me wrong im glad there outta office and stuff and they werent going to surrender, but bury them and be done with it. Ur not gonna get anything outta them anymore
Mocker
Old Jul 26th, 2003, 01:14 PM       
Quote:
then why are u releasing the pictures on american tv?
They were released on CNN and I think SKy, and everybody else just picked up on them. Freedom of the Press bites everybody once in a while.

Quote:
or invite iraqi people to see it rather than journalist.
Because that is a totally unrealistic idea.

Quote:
regardless are these guys ever gonna be barried or sumthing?
Yes, after autopsies and investigations.

Quote:
no matter what there still humans
Only in the biological sense.
ranxer is probably a spambot
Old Jul 26th, 2003, 01:44 PM       
this is typical thuggery.. where's the pictures of the 14 year old boy that was killed with them? there are reports that these guys were given a chance to surrender that was just a formality.. not really meant to happen

justice? nah, just kill them and whoever is withem.. gee thanks, fucking bastards..
i dont think this is satisfactory with the iraqis, and its certainly not ok with me.. i'm totally for trials .. sheesh.. even GWB shouldnt be shot.. he should be brought to trial same as Saddam.

We're an occuppier in iraq, we should be a lot more careful with who we are judge and jury on.. unless (as i accuse), there is no real respect for iraqis.. just a formality of one.
Mocker
Old Jul 26th, 2003, 03:08 PM       
Quote:
where's the pictures of the 14 year old boy that was killed with them?
What purpose would that serve?

Quote:
there are reports that these guys were given a chance to surrender that was just a formality.. not really meant to happen
And thanks for backing that up. Just more vague accusations.

Quote:
i dont think this is satisfactory with the iraqis
And you know this how.........?

Quote:
and its certainly not ok with me
Wow. Let me regain my composure from that shock.

Quote:
We're an occuppier in iraq, we should be a lot more careful with who we are judge and jury on
Its not like we are taking anyone alive. We are just rolling thorugh obliterating anything that moves.

Quote:
unless (as i accuse), there is no real respect for iraqis.. just a formality of one.
Thats all you got. And accusation. No real proof. I don't even think you believe it.
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Jul 26th, 2003, 03:15 PM       
I think the Left needs to stop whining about these guys......
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Jul 26th, 2003, 08:30 PM       
Aye, what's so offensive about the big celebrities being pictured and not the little kid? It's called war, guys, it's supposed to be cruel and disgusting. Me, i'm just a gore pervert, i'd keep pictures of anyone, so long as they're dead, so it's no skin off my back. I guess you can't expect a guy with a folder of dead fetus pictures to be too offended here. :/
Mocker
Old Jul 27th, 2003, 12:03 AM       
Its not so much as to not offend the people looking at the bodies, but to respect the dead. It seems stupid, but the is a line there.
Mocker

Abcdxxxx is probably a spambot
Old Jul 27th, 2003, 11:42 PM       
edit...
Mocker

Abcdxxxx is probably a spambot
Old Jul 27th, 2003, 11:43 PM       
Aren't we talking about people that parade dead bodies through the streets, hang them for weeks in town squares, and so on and so on?

It's not just the display of the bodies that's an offense, it's the refusal of a quick burial. Muslims, like Jews and a few other religions, bury their deceased immediately with strict guidelines. It's not like the Hussein family are around to cry about it, or like they practice a tradtional brand of Islam to begin with. We're stuffng their penis' in a jar and sending it to the Smithsonian, but it's still lacks respect and class.
Mocker
Big Papa Goat is probably a spambot
Old Jul 28th, 2003, 03:21 AM       
If the Americans were so offended (and rightfully so) by the dead bodies of PoW's and other dead soldiers, then why are they broadcasting images of these two poor bastards dead bodies? So what if they were bastards, its not about that, its about the fact that publicizing images of dead bodies is disgusting! I mean, its not like these two sons of bitches are suffering further due to the fact their dead bodies are being shown to millions of americans, it only serves to display the fact that America's military is finally showing getting results in Iraq, although who really cares about Saddams kids anyway?
Bah, this post may not have made much sense, since I'm kinda tipsy and tired.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Jul 28th, 2003, 10:15 AM       
War is about dead bodies and causing the enemy grief and pain. Not showing photos of corpses is ridiculous, wether is Al Jazeera or us. War is about corpses. It's ridiculously coy to not show photos of dead bodies, as if blowing people to bits was okay but looking at them was just sick.

That being said, Since Sadam has body doubles, and many Arabs see the US as even bigger habitual liars than we are, does Rumsfeld et al actually think releasing photos, or worse yet, using wax to make the corpses look more like the corpses we say they are going to convince people we're telling the truth?

For my two cents, I think it's probably them. But I don't think we bowed to poll pressure from skeptical Arabs. We showed the photos for the same reason they showed photos. It's part of the horrendous Dog and Pony show called war. Showing photos of mutilated corpses hurts the enemy, and warns them. Sure, it's diturbing, but it's way more civilized tyhen putting their heads on poles and putting them on the city gates. Right?
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Jul 28th, 2003, 10:45 AM       
I think they should have told everybody that Sads' kids were still alive, and they escaped or something. Then, when pro-saddam fighters are just ready to attack another convoy.. Wow! It's Uday and Qusay, where did they come from?!

Through a clever combinaton of strings and a broomstick handle, various US soldiers can make the two boys talk:

"Drop your weapons! This is a pro-Saddam convoy in disguise!"
:/

Also......

I missed being on Al-jazeera by a few mere centimetres.
Mocker
Old Jul 28th, 2003, 03:20 PM       
@ Zhukoz, thats ingenius!!!

Wow, i totally didnt look at it in that perspective, mburbank. But couldnt it go the other way and just enrage militants and coax them into more attacks of vangence? But I totally agree that the bodies are being shown to shock loyalist of sadam and sadam himself.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Jul 28th, 2003, 03:27 PM       
It could deffinitely go the other way. But I think the head-on-a-pike metaphor is the administrations intent.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Jul 29th, 2003, 07:46 AM       
Quote:
But I think the head-on-a-pike metaphor is the administrations intent.
You saw past my lame joke!