Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old Aug 4th, 2009, 01:11 AM        12/21/12
Yeah! The world is going to end on december 21, 2012! Get your tshirts here!

http://www.cafepress.com/december212012/3313935
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Aug 4th, 2009, 01:34 AM       
Goddamn Mayans

At least I won't have to buy anyone Christmas presents

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 4th, 2009, 05:24 AM       
Why not the 12th?

EDIT: wouldn't be prettier if it were 100 years in the future from that date? 12-21-2112 looks much more antisymmetrical and mystic.

BTW, did the Mayans use the Julian calander?
You may already be there.

Last edited by Colonel Flagg : Aug 4th, 2009 at 05:26 AM. Reason: too quick again :(
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 4th, 2009, 07:29 AM       
21/12/12

I could live with a massive catastrophe, some kind of global strife of nuclear proportions, the final crisis of capitalism, or a new ice age, but not the entire end of the world.

I guess not many people could live with that though. Hmm.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Aug 4th, 2009, 09:40 AM       
The other thing about that date is that something good might happen. Not just a catastrophe. I'm not taking anything to heart until we get there in the year 2012.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Aug 4th, 2009, 10:37 AM       
The world as we know it will end.

Read: Now sexy fun time.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Aug 4th, 2009, 10:39 AM       
Yep. Hot mutant on mutant action.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Aug 4th, 2009, 04:11 PM       
I think the Mayans just ran out of numbers.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Aug 4th, 2009, 04:15 PM       
Mocker
elx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 4th, 2009, 06:42 PM       
i was born 12/29/92
the world ends 12/21/12

i'll be exactly 19 years 11 months and 22 days old - or in other words - 9 days from being 20 years old. that equates to still being a teenager which is completely unfair. better not die.

-MODERATOR MILHORSE
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Aug 4th, 2009, 06:50 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by elx View Post
i was born 12/29/92
omg almost birthday twins
Is a RoboCop.

The Leader is probably a real personThe Leader is probably a real person
Old Aug 4th, 2009, 06:56 PM       
Isn't that eight days difference?
Mocker
elx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 4th, 2009, 08:13 PM       
31-22=9.

edit: whens your birthday willie?!

-MODERATOR MILHORSE
Is a RoboCop.

The Leader is probably a real personThe Leader is probably a real person
Old Aug 4th, 2009, 08:15 PM       
How does that make any sense?
Mocker
Old Aug 4th, 2009, 08:34 PM       
I was seeing "19 years, 11 months, 22 days", somehow I came to the conclusion while I was working it out in my head that I couldn't hit twenty years old without a year passing and a year couldn't pass until I reached twelve months and I couldn't reach twelve months until the end of december and the end of december is the 31st which is only 9 days away from the 22nd.

and so that's how it made sense to me...at the time.
you were right though

-MODERATOR MILHORSE
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 4th, 2009, 08:57 PM       
Quote:
i was born 12/29/92
the world ends 12/21/12

i'll be exactly 19 years 11 months and 22 days old - or in other words - 9 days from being 20 years old. that equates to still being a teenager which is completely unfair. better not die.
I wouldn't lose any sleep over this. Much better to lose sleep over a potential terrorist attack. Or a really hard linear algebra midterm.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Aug 4th, 2009, 09:58 PM       
i hate 2012 every spiritual asshole is all into that and everybody has different explanations for what will happen. From LIZARDS RetuRNING To ENSLAVE MANKIND ACCORDING TO WORDS WRITTEN ON A ROCK IN gEORgIA; to magnetic north changing positions (which happens periodically and is supposedly often accompanied by a cataclysmic event, such as certain islands being affected..), and the mayan calandar was supposedly impecable for having important dates on their calandar whenever these magnetic shifts occured.
ALSO CALifoRNIAs goin under the ocean

seems like more millenarist crap and after 2012 passes people will find some other end of the world/life changing phenomenon to latch onto so that their lives will have some type of meaning and there is hope for the future.

also my birthday is today and I was born 8/4/84 AT AN AUSPICIOUS HOUR
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Aug 4th, 2009, 11:07 PM       
Jesus will come back to life and bring the rapture, just like he's supposedly scheduled to do in everybody's lifetime in the last 2000 years.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Aug 4th, 2009, 11:11 PM       
I like the islamic version of jesus' return
after enough bourbon ...
Old Aug 4th, 2009, 11:16 PM       
Happy Birthday, Kahl!
BANNED

Old Aug 4th, 2009, 11:44 PM       

also 2012 is just sposed to be when the mayan calendar ends so i dont know if that necessarily means the end of the world
or the begining of a new era ;/ there's some astronomy possibly related shit like the equinox of our solarsystem around the galaxy...
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 5th, 2009, 06:11 AM       
Happy birthday Kahl.

Lizards coming to Earth to enslave mankind has now been added to the list of things I can accept happening in 2012. I think that would be pretty exciting.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Aug 5th, 2009, 10:36 AM       
They already have.

OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Aug 5th, 2009, 01:22 PM       
Quote:
31-22=9.

edit: whens your birthday willie?!
the 30th
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Aug 5th, 2009, 02:26 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by executioneer View Post
the 30th
You're closer to mine, I'm 1/4/84.

also hb kahl, you fgt