Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Cranberry Everything
dextire is probably a spambot
Old May 26th, 2011, 10:52 PM        If it's cheap enough I will buy it.
I'm always looking around for great deals on strange things I normally would never buy (something I picked up from reading I-Mockery).
It doesn't matter how ridiculous it is, if it's cheap enough, it's entertainment.

And a recent red-sticker item at Target had me quite excited.

The Model Magic Fusion Black Pearl Kit!

The chance to make my own crappy Black Pearl model for just a dollar? Sold!

The modeling material the kit comes with is pretty interesting stuff, somewhere between Play-Doh and rubber.
It starts out nice and soft to mold with, and then after a day or two it toughens up to a hard foam rubber type of deal.

It's also easy to mix colors together, and sticks rather nicely to the 3D mold the kit comes with.
Speaking of the mold...

It's a pretty thick piece of plastic that is fairly sturdy and easy to keep standing up.
And it's a lot easier to work with a 3D mold than I thought it would be.
Even with my modest artistic skills, (akin to a drunk monkey that's been blindfolded) I was able to somewhat follow along.

So here's the whole kit except for the instructions. You get the Black Pearl mold, a sculpting tool, and 7 bags of modeling material; Blue, Red, Yellow, White, Black, Earthtone and Terra Cotta.
Yep, they included two slightly different shades of brown and decided "light-brown" and "dark-brown" were not quite "Magical" enough color names.

Plus, the instructions specifically say in order to make a darker brown just mix brown and black.
But no, they had to include two slightly different colors and name them Earthtone and Terra Cotta for some insane reason.

Okay, enough about the colors. Let's see the result!

THERE, YOU SEE! TERRA COTTA AND EARTHTONE! So stupid.

Now, behold the Black Pearl!

Hey, that's not completely terrible! Well, at least it was worth the dollar.

I actually really enjoyed working with the modeling stuff, and the sculpting tool was actually useful.
So I'd say my "if it's cheap enough I will buy it" strategy is so far paying off nicely.

Ahoy!
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old May 27th, 2011, 12:23 AM       
Yeah, don't feel too bad. It's only one dollar and it doesn't matter if you wasted it.
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old May 27th, 2011, 03:12 AM       
Haha, a fine model pirate ship you've created there, Dextire. I'm a big fan of searching through the red tag clearance areas at Target to buy stuff I wouldn't normally buy.

And yeah, I've written about that kind o' stuff here before - such as with the Dino Magic playset.

http://www.i-mockery.com/shorts/dino-magic/

Anyway, thanks for sharing the Black Pearl kit and definitely post more cheap things you buy in the future. Same goes for all of ya!
mmm muffins
Wiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 23rd, 2011, 04:13 AM       
Do you guys have a storage room for the stuff you buy through the years or do you just chuck em out the trash?